Is this how you remember what Princess Cays looks like?

caribill

36 minutes ago, voljeep said:

didn't Disney buy/lease this area for a new 'private island' that would have a dock and not tender ?

Disney is doing a private resort at Lighthouse Point on Eleuthera. I don't know if that is the same place as the picture. From the map it appears that Lighthouse Beach and Lighthouse Point are close to each other but not exactly the same spot.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

Actually thought Princess Cay had a lot to be desired as far as the ocean terrain.  Thought the Cay that Carnival / Holland American uses, Half Moon Cay (?) was so much better.  Maybe it was just when we were there.  Hope so.

23 hours ago, MaryBethV said:

These are from February 2020. If you go right and over the bridge after getting off the tender - to the South part of Princess Cays - then take a short walk beyond the beach chairs you will see this beach area. It is gorgeous... even on a cloudy day. I *think* if you walk further (around the point shown in my photos) you will eventually get to the area in the PC ad. 

IMG_0289ed.thumb.jpg.b3fc122856586e6577f9528d40c09452.jpg

Thank you for posting these pictures. I have been looking at the map of PC and was wondering what that beach is like, couldn't find any info. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 10:18 AM, voljeep said:

didn't Disney buy/lease this area for a new 'private island' that would have a dock and not tender ?

Yes.

There is a fair amount of angst at the decision.  Not so much from locals, rather other (land-based) tourists to the island that seem to consider it as their own personal private spot.

I can understand the thinking from both opposing sides. 

It is a pretty, pristine beach; considered as one of the nicest on the entire island.  However, the revenue from the sale, as well as providing a few more jobs to the locals will provide a positive economic impact.

On 3/27/2021 at 12:19 AM, Thrak said:

We have only had one Caribbean cruise and were disappointed that our 14 day Circle Caribbean didn't stop at Princess Cays. I've read a lot of bad reviews of the place but also some good reviews. We wanted to make up our own minds. We did have another Caribbean cruise booked (a 7 day that segued into an 18 day TA) but, thanks to the stupid virus, that cruise was cancelled. Strike two on visiting Princess Cays. We don't normally do 7 day cruises - which many Caribbean cruises seem to be - and flights between Sacramento (our nearest airport) and FLL are freaking ridiculous. It normally turns into a 13 hour trip to get home.

We've only been to Princess Cay once and we thought it was very nice. Water shoes are definitely helpful!

3 minutes ago, suzyed said:

We've only been to Princess Cay once and we thought it was very nice. Water shoes are definitely helpful!

The problem with Princess Cay is the tendering. With no dock we have been scheduled five times and only made it twice.

6 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Water shoes just don't seem to be made for my feet. I have short, wide feet with a high arch.

Edited by Thrak

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Water shoes just don't seem to be made for my feet. I have short, wide feet with a high arch.

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I wear Tevas instead of water shoes. They work well.

https://www.teva.com/men-sandals/hurricane-xlt2/1019234.html#start=2&cgid=men-view-all

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I wear Tevas instead of water shoes. They work well.

https://www.teva.com/men-sandals/hurricane-xlt2/1019234.html#start=2&cgid=men-view-all

I have Tevas (man do they get stinky in the summer!) but when I wear them in the water my foot tends to slide around on the foot pad. The soles grip fine but my foot slides around. I guess I'm just a klutz. Good thing my wife is the water person. I've had a few good laughs when she's been knocked down by waves while trying to play in the surf.