Hotel in Honolulu Advice

cantgetaname

I've been looking at a hotel stay for post cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu Cruise.    I noticed a room I really liked, a corner room in the Rainbow tower at Hilton  Hawaiian Village.   I really liked it, then I realized it was a king room, and we are 2 adults who do not share a bed.  The room had an awesome corner view and looked neat, but with one bed it isn't really going to work (even if there is a sofa bed etc, I'd really like us both to have an actual bed)    I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas for something similar but with 2 beds.    Probably not,  but I thought I'd ask cause I've always had great advice on cruise critic.   Realistically a normal ocean view room will probably be our best bed.     Thanks in advnace.

I just booked Queen Kapiolani Diamond Head view for our precruise hotel in Honolulu. They are offering special welcome back to Hawaii rates, plus half price resort fee. I have spent weeks looking at different hotels for precruise and ultimately picked this one.

2 hours ago, cantgetaname said:

I've been looking at a hotel stay for post cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu Cruise.    I noticed a room I really liked, a corner room in the Rainbow tower at Hilton  Hawaiian Village.   I really liked it, then I realized it was a king room, and we are 2 adults who do not share a bed.  The room had an awesome corner view and looked neat, but with one bed it isn't really going to work (even if there is a sofa bed etc, I'd really like us both to have an actual bed)    I was wondering if anyone out there had any ideas for something similar but with 2 beds.    Probably not,  but I thought I'd ask cause I've always had great advice on cruise critic.   Realistically a normal ocean view room will probably be our best bed.     Thanks in advnace.

I would call the hotel and confirm they don't have any corner rooms with 2 beds.

A room at Halekulani Hotel would be my first pick, followed by the Mailani Tower at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, Surfrider Tower at the Moana Surfrider then either of the Outrigger Hotels (Reef & Waikiki Beach).

Hilton Hawaiian Village would not be on my radar due to its massive size and crowding. It isn't the most pleasant of experiences. When I do stay at HHV (business conferences) I stay in the Ali'i Tower because it has a private check-in and private pool. It is like a boutique hotel in the HHV complex.

You should definitely check out waikikibeachrentals.com as they offer studio units in the Ilikai Hotel right beside the Hilton Hawaiian Village. They have huge balconies and do offer two queen beds in some of their units. The views are spectacular. We’ve stayed here twice and this is now my favourite spot. They also have a huge heated pool which I love. They do have a minimum stay requirement but check it out. Would highly recommend.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

And your point??

point was the OP was asking about a oceanfront room looking at diamond head with two beds instead of a king.  I went on Hilton's website and found one so I was showing her that they do have those rooms available.  Happy Easter

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

point was the OP was asking about a oceanfront room looking at diamond head with two beds instead of a king.  I went on Hilton's website and found one so I was showing her that they do have those rooms available.  Happy Easter

I guess we interpreted the OP's request differently. I took the question as "are there any corner rooms in the Rainbow Tower with two beds" and the answer is no. It is the same in the Ali'i Tower Corner Rooms; Kings only. Happy Easter to you.

• 4 weeks later...