The Daily for Wednesday Mar 31, 2021

richwmn

11 hours ago, ger_77 said:

A question - am I the only person in the world (besides DH) who has never wanted to go to Paris?  I know there are lots of wonderful galleries and museums, but it just hasn't called to me.

No interest at all. Hate french food and all their sauces, I hate big cities, and the 'erector set tower' has no appeal. I'll take the smaller towns away from there,  and I have,  on a Saone/Rhone river cruise. But other than that - I'm sure it's fine. 🙄

Edited by Happily@Sea
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, ger_77 said:

.  A question - am I the only person in the world (besides DH) who has never wanted to go to Paris? 

I live in a large city and prefer to avoid large cities when on vacation. I have nothing against Paris in particular and will be making a very brief visit next summer but  any large city would not be the highlight of any of my trips

• Like 5

@ger_77, Paris was never on my short list, for reasons I could never put my finger on.  We’ve now been 4  times (maybe 5), and I would go back in a heartbeat.  There is a wonderful apartment in Montmartre that we rent, and we feel so at home.  I hope, if and when you go, you fall in love with it as I did. 

• Like 12

Thanks for all the daily reports, photos and humour.

It's a lovely sunny day this first day of April, 19 C expected.

Have been to Paris, (land trips)  the view from up the Eiffel Tower is wonderlful, many many years since visiting Tenerife  ......... courtesy of the old "Arcadia".   

Keep well, stay safe everyone.

• Like 14

Late response from me today.  I would have gone to Paris if my TA on Nieuw Statendam hadn't been cancelled!  My DH had gone to Paris when he was stationed in Germany and wasn't a fan, but I have always wanted to see the city.  

Tenerife is on my bucket list, especially after the wonderful photos posted today!  That list is getting so long that I will have to live many more years, and be healthy enough to travel to complete it all!

Today has been a crazy day, and I am still trying to process everything!  Two very long phone calls have me scratching my head about some things family wise!

Looking forward to tomorrow's port, wine, drink, menu and saying!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

@Sharon in AZ  While I don’t have a height phobia, under some circumstances heights do bother me, which is why I did not go all the way to the top level of the Eiffel Tower. The middle and lower levels are wide, very solid floors, and I did not have any problems on them.

If you make it to Paris, only you can decide if you would be comfortable on one of those levels.  I just wanted to give you a prospective from the viewpoint of someone who can be bothered by heights.

Congratulations on booking a trip to Las Vegas.  We’re booked for the week before  Thanksgiving, but we’ll be driving fromQuartzsite.

Lenda

When I get to Paris and look up at the Eiffel Tower I’ll know. If I can see through the stairs it’s a NO. 

Yay on your Vegas trip. I’m sure things are rapidly changing, but after doing a bit of research, there are a lot of places/restaurants that are closed. 😢 And hours are shortened....  I checked out several of our favorite restaurants and some are only open 3 days a week. And the menus are shorter. I’m hoping things eventually get back to normal. 

We love flying to Vegas, it’s only an hour and a half flight and Southwest has good fares. Nice thing this time, I didn’t have to pay anything because we had a credit voucher from last year from one of our canceled cruises. (Also, I’m a bad back seat driver 😐). 

• Like 6