Scandinavia September Cruise out of Copenhagen

CTCcruiserr

I am certainly ready to cruise - This is my second booking for this cruise (Had booked 2020 Fall cruise) - Now I am concerned that this cruise may also be cancelled.  Besides the possibility of the cruise cancelling I will be anxiously awaiting the announcement of safety protocols that will be required.  Wife and I are aged and have both been fully vaccinated.  Not sure how many restrictions we am willing to endue,  Any thoughts anyone may have would be appreciated.

Because the Baltic cruises go to a lot of countries and no one can visit them now, you can count on this cruise being cancelled. I have a Baltic cruise from Copenhagen in August on Oceania that I know will be cancelled. As of now, you cannot enter Denmark  without isolating for 10 days before going out anywhere. This will likely still be in effect over the summer.

I suggest you rebook again to September 2022, that's what I did. I switched from oceania to NCL

I also have a baltic cruise sailing from Copenhagen in September and I am hopeful it will ho ahead since by then over 70% of the EU will have been vaccinated.  However they may only allow EU residents on board

I am also on Baltic a cruise end of Sept. I chose this cruise because it’s almost same date as my Amsterdam cruise that was cancelled. A lot can change between now & July so I’m hopeful. I already have airfare to Amsterdam it was so cheap. Even if cruise gets canceled I’m going to Amsterdam maybe Vienna & back to Italy & Paris. I’m traveling one way or another. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/26/travel/europe-travel-covid-vaccine.html

We too have  a trip abroad planned involving  the U.K. and the EU.  The  above article is just over a week old.  

The article confirms information I have received from numerous sources over the past several weeks.  The article does appear to refer to “Summer” travel. Hard to know want time frame that actually means, right? 

Here are a few thoughts.

Unfortunately, the vaccine rollout in the EU is not as robust as it is in the US and the U.K.  To me, this is probably the biggest reason to be skeptical of the return of US to EU travel anytime this summer.   EU to U.K. or U.K. To EU travel is more likely.   BY The fall, who know?  I do know that a well  known US travel personality  is stating durning his weekly Zoom events that his tours “may return by the end of the year”.  

The EU and the U.K. are working on a vaccination passport, but again the idea is travel with their own citizens first. The article suggest this as well. 

US  citizens can want to go all we want, but we can’t enter unless we are welcomed. And we have to abide by their laws and health policies.. The  article refers to health policies.  My guess is there will be restrictions. 

As others have said, some of these countries are under lock down conditions.  The conditions resemble the three week or so period we saw in the US last spring. Things are closed. Mandatory quarantines for some international visitors are in place. 

In February, as many of you,  I had thought, well, a lot can happen.  Then I started researching and discovered the challenges our friends across the pond face. I do hope things improve for them.  

You might want to post your question on the northern European  Boards where many locals answer questions. SpainAlien has given their opinion. Thank you. 

Good luck!  

Edited by milolii
  • Like 1

In Europe a lot of cruise lines are going country specific, as an example MSC have sent their brand new flagship to the UK and will be doing UK domestic cruises all summer from Southampton and only UK residents will be allowed on board.

We in the UK are getting an announcement later today from the PM on the easing of travel restrictions, word is we will have a traffic light system with countries like the US and Israel being "green light" countries with few restrictions, those with a amber light will need to self isolate and those with a red light will need to be avoided or require government assigned isolation at official sites.

Most of the EU & Europe are going though a rough time right now with low vaccination rates and a new wave hitting hard which we are trying to avoid "landing on our shores" as the PM puts it.

I know this is not specifically Scandinavia or Copenhagen but it should help get a feel for Europe as a whole right now.

37 minutes ago, milolii said:

Ziggyuk, this is  great news for the U.K.  Pleas share once the announcement is released.  We continue to wish for the best for our friends in the EU and Europe.  

Thank you, I will update later when we have details, I can see it will be important to your trip. I'm really sure the US will be get a green light and hope it will be reciprocal in time.

I hope to be in the US in September 🙂 but there are many parts of that jigsaw.

2 hours ago, milolii said:

Ziggyuk, this is  great news for the U.K.  Pleas share once the announcement is released.  We continue to wish for the best for our friends in the EU and Europe.  

Sorry to say they did not update much today only confirming we were on track to open international travel on 17th May and that there will be further travel updates (traffic light system?) later this week.

20 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Sorry to say they did not update much today only confirming we were on track to open international travel on 17th May and that there will be further travel updates (traffic light system?) later this week.

Ziggy, it looked positive...we are able to reopen on the 12th, one day of trading this year?

6 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Ziggy, it looked positive...we are able to reopen on the 12th, one day of trading this year?

The 12th will be great, I have been swimming all this past week as our gym has an outside pool, no changing rooms allowed, which makes it difficult. Been great on the sunbeds around the pool to dry in the sun though, like being on holiday (vacation).

From the 12th the inside pool, gym and changing rooms open (thank goodness) & at least we can eat outside. I know a lot of people cant wait to get a haircut on Monday too.

It's certainly getting there but I want my beloved cinema to open (and actually have something to play this time).

Personally I have a canal boat holiday booked for May and a domestic MSC cruise for July, these will go ahead so I have more to look forward too now.