Recent email urging us to contact the "CLIA action center"

On 4/24/2021 at 8:17 PM, Emelda1967 said:

Seems like the senator from NJ understands science.

Boy that is a verbose way to spread a lot of hooey.  But if you feel that way then don't cruise.  It's, however, NOT your responsibility, nor  members of Congress to keep the rest of us from doing it.  And Congress hasn't followed the Science for months, maybe never.........I know Fauci is pretty d_____ confused by it......

• Like 3

On 4/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, yogimax said:

Question... Is cruising more important than public health and safety?

No, cruising is not more important. With that being said vaccinated individuals according to the CDC can be outside unmasked with other vaccinated people, Be inside Unmasked with vaccinated people, don’t have to quarantine from work if exposed, etc.  So I don’t understand how a Boat full of vaccinated people will put public health and safety at risk.  I am truly perplexed.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, OnTheJourney said:

I disagree with what was proposed and so sent the following reply:

"As a loyal diamond-level customer of RCCL, I appeciate receiving this email. While I understand the sentiments expressed, I must admit to disagreeing with any sort of cruise restart as early as July and so unfortunately do not feel I can support the effort indicated. Given the number of virus cases surging in many parts of the US, along with the spread of covid variants, I do not feel it is the best time to restart cruising. I personally feel that the overall vaccination percentage, globally-speaking, needs to be considerably higher before the travel industry can safely begin to function again. I have a RCCL cruise booked for next year, and am more than content to wait until that time."

Hate to appear like a scrooge, but I just feel we're not quite there yet.  

So what your saying is that because you dont want to then nobody else can either.

Damn the vaccine success and damn the science. I think its not safe so screw everyone and their jobs. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

So what your saying is that because you dont want to then nobody else can either.

Damn the vaccine success and damn the science. I think its not safe so screw everyone and their jobs. 

I think you should reread the post with an open mind. This is strictly an opinion, and since it doesn’t match yours, you make unsustained comments that are not remotely referred to in the post. Where does she say nobody can cruise. I also can find no place where they said to screw everyone and their jobs. Other than that, you were right on.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stallion said:

verride CDC Covid medical recommendations

Yes and he's also entitled to his opinion just as you are, qualifications do not apply to an opinion.  This thread concerns a way to voice one's opinion to the CLIA and CDC, it doesn't stipulate a negative or positive, just the way people feel, it's not a contest.  And it's not making policy.  You and geezer and Yogi and Emelda may send anything you want just as you please...there are many more of us who will counter with our own, as is our right.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 7:09 PM, Stallion said:

Since you are challenging the poster's qualifications, please list your medical qualifications to override CDC Covid medical recommendations

It's very clear and obvious the CDC's "recommendations" are completely inconsistent. So, whatever is right or wrong, it'd be nice to see consistency in recommendations and where there may not be any, some explanation as to why. Because right now, absolutely nothing they say as an organization is meaningful to enough people simultaneously anymore. There credibility, in general, is damaged grossly and considerably because of it. Even now, it's abundantly clear they're reacting to criticism and not doing anything yet based on the science. They are far behind the curve, they are not explaining anything well at all.

Even today, right this very minute, I can board a plane to India, with a distinctly dramatic COVID outbreak and with and completely failed hospital support system, stay as long as I want, go anywhere I want, and the only thing I need to come back to the US is an Antigen test that's negative taken sometime during the prior 3 days.

Now, take two people and put them on the same trip to the same places for the same length of time. And which one would you possibly have more faith in coming back least affected and safe to mix and mingle back in the US? The vaccinated one or the unvaccinated one?

There is ZERO consistency in the rules, recommendations or guidelines put out by the CDC at this time. ZERO.

Why does everyone think that any recommendations made by the CDC would stay the same as more is learned about the virus? 

From a recent article on 

Bayley clarified the pathway to the resumption -- one for ships with fully vaccinated passengers and crew and one without. A vaccinated ship would have no requirement for a test voyage, and "would be a quicker way for a resumption of service."

"A highly vaccinated cruise means that as soon as you have your port plan ready and lined up you can submit your request to cruise and the CDC will try their best to get you a response within five days," he said. "The target that has been stated and what we are all working towards is mid-July. And I think that after what we received last night is looking very realistic."

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Emelda1967 said:

Why does everyone think that any recommendations made by the CDC would stay the same as more is learned about the virus?

If you think that the government is not tracking people arriving from other countries, think on. All of your information, including your biometrics is available, if you’ve used some of the CBP apps or are a trusted traveler, for analysis and tracking. If there is an outbreak/increase in COVID cases in your home area, the government will come looking for you. 

From a recent article on Cruise Critic:

“Bayley clarified the pathway to the resumption -- one for ships with fully vaccinated passengers and crew and one without. A vaccinated ship would have no requirement for a test voyage, and "would be a quicker way for a resumption of service."

"A highly vaccinated cruise means that as soon as you have your port plan ready and lined up you can submit your request to cruise and the CDC will try their best to get you a response within five days," he said. "The target that has been stated and what we are all working towards is mid-July. And I think that after what we received last night is looking very realistic."

On 4/28/2021 at 5:08 PM, rs45thompson said:

No, cruising is not more important. With that being said vaccinated individuals according to the CDC can be outside unmasked with other vaccinated people, Be inside Unmasked with vaccinated people, don’t have to quarantine from work if exposed, etc.  So I don’t understand how a Boat full of vaccinated people will put public health and safety at risk.  I am truly perplexed.

You are correct. The problem is not the CDC the problem is people like the governor of Florida, where the largest number of cruise originate in the United States and where most of the cruise lines have their headquarters. He had issued an executive order that no businesses, including cruise lines, can require vaccination in order to provide services. The governor of Texas has done the same. Idiots all! It is most likely that other states, California, Maryland, etc. will allow fully vaccinated cruises and the cruise lines will begin limited cruises in the U.S. from those states. TX and FL will just have to wait for another 6-7 months when the restrictions relax. It is very hard for the CDC to refute the science of a created microcosm of herd immunity aboard a ship with fully vaccinated adults and tested children with negative results.  If you have a problem...contact those governors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great news. As expected the CDC did their job based on science, not some idiot politicians' views. The CDC is allowing cruises from the United States with 95% vaccinated passengers and 98% vaccinated crew, which allows for passengers under the age of 18 to 16 and those medically unable to get vaccinated to cruise. It will be a microenvironment with herd immunity.

I do so love when DeSantis is forced to back down....he should be modifying or "forgetting" his executive order banning businesses from requiring vaccination in order to provide service soon. It will be interesting to see him act like it was his own idea. What an idiot.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2021/05/01/cruise-covid-vaccinations-port-canaveral/4905928001/

• Like 2

On 4/9/2021 at 3:17 PM, yogimax said:

I doubt it.  Do you have any proof of your claim?

Here's a data point. I just got back to Chicago from Clearwater Beach FL.  The Southwest flights to Tampa were 100% full both ways.