Resuming Cruising with a COVID-19 Cruise Ticket Contract

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

Unfortunately some of these places are all having spikes which has been seen in areas that are aggressively vaccinating for some reason - Also some of these places have been very good about locking down which is not possible forever. 

Mask may not prevent covid long term, they seem to be delaying the out break which in general is a good thing If proper therapeutics are developed and the vaccines work. 

I wear a mask and I am vaccinated  - but these outliers interest me because over the past year, wave after wave have shown us how this virus is way ahead of us and not vise versa.

No one ever said that COVID protocols are 100% effective.  I understand that these countries have had spikes, but a spike of 1000 cases (or most often even less) is inconsequential, and each of these countries have dealt with these spikes immediately and effectively with lockdowns thereby reducing their impact overall.  A completely different approach than here in the US where lockdowns and increased protocols are considered an affront to personal liberties.  I know that masks are not 100% effective long term, especially when they are worn sporadically, which is why vaccines are so necessary.  I don't think the US can lecture ANY other country on waves of infection or their approach to the same.  

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

So they have to fly there like an island and borders can be more easily controlled? Do you have any Western examples who avoided the spikes that aren’t island nations?

That wasn't your question initially was it?  They controlled entry and we did not.  We could have done more likely.  We should probably be better controlling entry now.  For example, we should not be allowing US citizens to travel outside the country at all.  If we do, we run the risk of allowing them to bring infection back into our country.  But people would not stand for that would they?  I hear so many complaining about the fact that they have to be tested to even return to the country.  How inconvenient.  And God forbid they have to remain where they are because they test positive!  How about we stop people from traveling between states?  That would certainly stop some of the interstate infection spikes we have had.  We cannot absolve ourselves of our inability to deal with our own outbreaks by saying island nations have it easier.  That's a cop-out.  

Edited by harkinmr

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Some states did have a travel ban, including the one I live in. However that’s not the point, the majority of the world is not an island nation.

The question was who didn’t get the spikes other than island nations? Would love a Western example to better compare their Covid restrictions. Looking for apple to apples. Everyone keeps pointing fingers but we are all in the same boat!

Now you're just making things up.  Go back to your original post and question.  You did not qualify your question with "other than island nations".  At this point I don't even know the point of your original question.  And don't care.  We need to deal with our own situation and, again, we have no one to blame but ourselves for any failures.  No excuses.

34 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

No one ever said that COVID protocols are 100% effective.  I understand that these countries have had spikes, but a spike of 1000 cases (or most often even less) is inconsequential, and each of these countries have dealt with these spikes immediately and effectively with lockdowns thereby reducing their impact overall.  A completely different approach than here in the US where lockdowns and increased protocols are considered an affront to personal liberties.  I know that masks are not 100% effective long term, especially when they are worn sporadically, which is why vaccines are so necessary.  I don't think the US can lecture ANY other country on waves of infection or their approach to the same.  

You cannot lock down a country long term.  Those countries will have to deal with covid at some point. They will not be able to stay bullet proof forever. 

I also remember people writing her that Europe was so much better at wearing masks and that is why cruising has resumed there. Europe as a whole has had the most number of deaths and they are in full swing of a new major wave now. There is no one approach that works besides locking down which the people of this country on a very large scale disagree with. 

9 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

You’re right, you went and picked out the outliers so I qualified my data to get to the point I was trying to make: We are all in this together, stop blaming people, stop shaming people.

Give me an apples to apples comparison of who did it better and I will concede. At this time, have not seen evidence to the contrary.

I think the outliers all have something in common - as they are just that outliers.

Almost every large country with major populations has tried something and most have maybe prevented spread for a specific amount of time but none of them have faired any better per capita than we have.  We also have to acknowledge that some countries may be lying about their number and those we will never know. 

America for all its issues and divisions as a population is still the best place to be in the world. People come here from all over the world for the opportunity and prosperity we have shown the world. Okay we haven’t done the greatest job with the virus - yes but all states no matter what the response has been are sitting in the same place so the virus is showing us who is smart and who is just spinning their wheels. No country is getting out of this unscathed- it’s impossible to think so. 

I think is people are so down on their fellow Americans they should look into moving somewhere else - but the truth is the grass is always greener until you get to the other side to really see it. 

Edited by Stick93

12 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

You’re right, you went and picked out the outliers so I qualified my data to get to the point I was trying to make: We are all in this together, stop blaming people, stop shaming people.

Give me an apples to apples comparison of who did it better and I will concede. At this time, have not seen evidence to the contrary.

I don't need to give you an apples to apples comparison.  And don't whine about the fact that you got called out.  You asked a question and I answered it.  Just because you have a problem with the fact that I answered it and you now want to revise the question is your problem not mine.  Carry on.

Edited by harkinmr

18 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

You cannot lock down a country long term.  Those countries will have to deal with covid at some point. They will not be able to stay bullet proof forever. 

I also remember people writing her that Europe was so much better at wearing masks and that is why cruising has resumed there. Europe as a whole has had the most number of deaths and they are in full swing of a new major wave now. There is no one approach that works besides locking down which the people of this country on a very large scale disagree with. 

I answered a question that someone asked.  A very specific question that received a very specific answer.  Nothing more nothing less.  Just because you and that poster have a problem with a specific answer is not my concern.  Go have your argument with someone else.  I'll let you know if I want to participate and then we can have a further discussion.  It seems like a lot of people here like to live in an echo chamber.  Have at it!

I don't see myself cruising under these rules for some time, if ever.  I suspect the paranoia level is going to remain high for a while. Which is going to mean that the slightest of symptoms and a false positive will likely terminate my cruise.

11 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Who’s whining? So you can’t provide a real example? 🤷‍♂️👍

Ok.  How many different ways can I say that I have no interest in providing you with any examples?  Don't care.  Doesn't matter to me.  Not relevant.  Have your conversation with someone who cares.  

Edited by harkinmr

11 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I answered a question that someone asked.  A very specific question that received a very specific answer.  Nothing more nothing less.  Just because you and that poster have a problem with a specific answer is not my concern.  Go have your argument with someone else.  I'll let you know if I want to participate and then we can have a further discussion.  It seems like a lot of people here like to live in an echo chamber.  Have at it!

I think you are in the wrong form - your opinion is what you put out there like the rest of us. We don’t all  have to agree. But if you don’t want people to disagree with you maybe keep your opinions to yourself. Just a suggestion...

Just now, Heymarco said:

My house never caught covid, should I call the UN and tell them how to end the crisis? Your examples were useless but thanks for trying.

You seem to struggle getting a point, frequently getting lost in the obscure details such as defining a virtual island. Maybe try looking at the forest instead of just focusing on a tree.

He isn’t looking for anything because he wants to wallow in his own thoughts. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

My house never caught covid, should I call the UN and tell them how to end the crisis? Your examples were useless but thanks for trying.

You seem to struggle getting a point, frequently getting lost in the obscure details such as defining a virtual island. Maybe try looking at the forest instead of just focusing on a tree.

Oh give it a rest!  Deflect much  You defined a country as an island, when it clearly wasn't, because I pointed out some relevant countries to you.  No shame in admitting you don't know what an island really is.  Here's a thought.  Why don't you go back over to the NCL board where you were expecting everyone to get on board with your whining and grievance about fully vaccinated cruises.  Oh wait, you can't because you had it locked as no one would go along with your complaints.  You are not worth my time.

11 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Huh?   We're as restricted as any state, more than most.  I guess "restrictions" don't work.

In CA we were shut down forever wasnt even able to travel out of some counties more than 150 miles without coming back to 14 day quarantine. My 49ers stayed in Arizona to play their home games

and now supposedly we have the lowest rate of Covid in the country

So i guess lockdown did work🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jonbgd said:

In CA we were shut down forever wasnt even able to travel out of some counties more than 150 miles without coming back to 14 day quarantine. My 49ers stayed in Arizona to play their home games

and now supposedly we have the lowest rate of Covid in the country

So i guess lockdown did work🤔

Not sure if you are joking but CA lost a lot of people. So for them it didn’t work. 

• Like 2

Just now, Heymarco said:

Me? I asked you the same question three times and you still can’t answer. What have I deflected? 

And I have told you three times that I do not have any intention of answering you.  I answered a question.  You didn't like my answer so you tried to revise your question.  Done.

Just now, Stick93 said:

Not sure if you are joking but CA lost a lot of people. So for them it didn’t work. 

Im talking about today current covid rates

not last year

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jonbgd said:

Im talking about today current covid rates

not last year

Okay - then the lockdown didn’t work well last year, just this year.  If we unlock the secret to how that happens I think we could help so many states.  

14 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

If we unlock the secret to how that happens I think we could help so many states.  

Ill keep in looking in my wifes crystal ball😜

15 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Comparing trend lines between CA, US, and World, I see no significant difference other than rest of world is behind on vaccinations. 😢

I did say supposedly, that was last week from our French Laundry Governor

checking local papers we are #3 in country behind Arkansas and Alabama

I would provide a link but when i click on news page it wants my email 

37 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

It actually did work. Lots of cases = lots of people. But as Jon mentioned, we are now about the lowest (per 10,000) in the country. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Coralc said:

It actually did work. Lots of cases = lots of people. But as Jon mentioned, we are now about the lowest in the country. 

You had as many deaths as Florida per capita and your population is in the top younger states in comparison to Florida which has the 49th oldest population and more vulnerable to covid.  I am not sure what worked but if you live there and are happy with your states response - than I agree with your assessment. 

In NY, we had pretty bad lockdowns and the policies killed many innocent citizens. I would hardly say that because our number is low today the lockdown worked here. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

You had as many deaths as Florida per capita and your population is in the top younger states in comparison to Florida which has the 49th oldest population and more vulnerable to covid.  I am not sure what worked but if you live there and are happy with your states response - than I agree with your assessment. 

In NY, we had pretty bad lockdowns and the policies killed many innocent citizens. I would hardly say that because our number is low today the lockdown worked here. 

I knew I had read that somewhere. Link: https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/04/09/californias-covid-case-rate-is-third-lowest-in-the-nation-will-it-last-5/?campaign=ebthayward&utm_email=D530D4B214B8C57594CE5594C5&g2i_eui=GdEKF76af9MKl1twhEciQAVyYK%2fHc3it&g2i_source=newsletter&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=https%3a%2f%2fwww.eastbaytimes.com%2f2021%2f04%2f09%2fcalifornias-covid-case-rate-is-third-lowest-in-the-nation-will-it-last-5%2f&utm_campaign=bang-ebt-nl-hayward-news-nl&utm_content=automated

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

I think you made my point, thank you! States will change rankings from week to week, some will be red, some will be blue, some will have strict lockdowns and masks, while others don’t. We need to stop pointing fingers and realize we have all been victim to the same virus.

Besides, it's going to take years of analysis to understand what was effective, why, and under what conditions. Arguing about what worked and didn't is a pointless exercise.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, broberts said:

Besides, it's going to take years of analysis to understand what was effective, why, and under what conditions. Arguing about what worked and didn't is a pointless exercise.

Unfortunately I think you are right - this is why I think no country will escape unscathed by this. This is a marathon not a sprint. 

• Like 1