New Israel Cruises for the Island Princess This Fall?

The Limassol, Cyprus cruise port has the Island Princess listed for the following dates:

Date           Ship                              Arrival Time  Departure Time          Last Port      Next Port

06-Nov-21 ISLAND PRINCESS   Preliminary Confirmation                   -                     -

16-Nov-21 ISLAND PRINCESS    08:00             17:00                             HAIFA           ASHDOD

30-Nov-21 ISLAND PRINCESS    08:00             17:00                             HAIFA           ASHDOD

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

The Limassol, Cyprus cruise port has the Island Princess listed for the following dates:

Date           Ship                              Arrival Time  Departure Time          Last Port      Next Port

06-Nov-21 ISLAND PRINCESS   Preliminary Confirmation                   -                     -

16-Nov-21 ISLAND PRINCESS    08:00             17:00                             HAIFA           ASHDOD

30-Nov-21 ISLAND PRINCESS    08:00             17:00                             HAIFA           ASHDOD

To me this shows a definite plan to cancel the current itineraries and replace them with something else. The published itinerary for the Island Princess on the 20th of November has her in Cyprus and that's not even showing anymore. I was hoping this was a backup plan but with the old itinerary now not possible, I think it's a new plan.

We are booked on the transatlantic on the Island, leaving Rome Nov. 28. While my itinerary from Rome still shows on my booking, if I try to search that voyage it says it's not available. Also says Oct. 5, Northern Lights from Southampton, which is the first sailing for the Island this year, says it's not available. 

48 minutes ago, texasgirl29 said:

We are booked on the transatlantic on the Island, leaving Rome Nov. 28. While my itinerary from Rome still shows on my booking, if I try to search that voyage it says it's not available. Also says Oct. 5, Northern Lights from Southampton, which is the first sailing for the Island this year, says it's not available. 

Thanks! Just checked on our Oct 5th NL cruise and you are correct. I guess it's time to give our TA a call and begin the process to implement Plan B.

3 hours ago, texasgirl29 said:

I'm seeing everything available with the Island Princess except for the Northern Lights cruise. Still, with our excellent port schedule sleuths, I have a strong hunch the Island is going to be doing something else. We'll probably see some announcements soon.

Other CC members have had similar issues with Diamond Princess itineraries today. They show available to me as well.

2 hours ago, disneyochem said:

Our 14 day FLL to LA Panama Canal Cruise on January 5, 2022 shows as unavailable on the Island.....

Bummer!  This would be our third cancelled Panama Canal Cruise (and 10th overall!).

The Island also starts its World Cruise on the 5th of January and all those cruises are showing as available although some classes of cabin are already sold out (I noticed Interior was gone on one segment). If you've already got a confirmed booking on the FLL to LA segment, I wouldn't worry that it's showing unavailable. That status tends to come and go as Princess IT makes software and database changes.

Personally I'm more concerned about changes in the ship schedules on the port web-sites for the Island's itineraries in Oct/Nov/Dec as they conflict with Princess' published itineraries for the Island. This may portend a series of further changes that could affect your cruise. I would think Princess would do everything the could to make sure a World Cruise successfully sailed but, who really knows?

Edit: I now see a bunch more WC segments showing unavailable. Yeah, I'd definitely keep an eye on this.

Edited by beg3yrs

43 minutes ago, disneyochem said:

Hmmmm, this morning the Panama Canal segment is now available for booking!

The Panama Canal segment has always been available as I booked it and the one after it for the Caribbean

Kathy

8 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

The Panama Canal segment has always been available as I booked it and the one after it for the Caribbean

Kathy

As noted in an earlier post on this thread, the 14 day segment from FLL to LA was showing as unavailable for about a week.  I’ve been checking it daily once I heard about the reportedly new schedule for the Island Princess in Israel.  So, no, not ‘always’ available.....

We had booked this cruise last October when our 2021 Panama Canal Cruise had been cancelled.

1 minute ago, disneyochem said:

As noted in an earlier post on this thread, the 14 day segment from FLL to LA was showing as unavailable for about a week.  I’ve been checking it daily once I heard about the reportedly new schedule for the Island Princess in Israel.  So, no, not ‘always’ available.....

We had booked this cruise last October when our 2021 Panama Canal Cruise had been cancelled.

Well then the answer is simple if you want it book it like I did. I have checked them BOTH daily and I have never seen them not available. Are you looking at the right date? There are about 4 dates available I was looking at the one for December 12th

Kathy

1 minute ago, rabin1 said:

Well then the answer is simple if you want it book it like I did. I have checked them BOTH daily and I have never seen them not available. Are you looking at the right date? There are about 4 dates available I was looking at the one for December 12th

Kathy

As noted in my previous post, it is the FLL to LA (1/5/22) segment of the WC that I was referencing regarding availability.  I’m sure there are a number of other dates that the ship sails the Panama Canal but as a college professor, I’m only interested in the cruise that fits my teaching schedule.  

Thank you for your suggestion and have a wonderful day.

1 minute ago, disneyochem said:

As noted in my previous post, it is the FLL to LA (1/5/22) segment of the WC that I was referencing regarding availability.  I’m sure there are a number of other dates that the ship sails the Panama Canal but as a college professor, I’m only interested in the cruise that fits my teaching schedule.  

Thank you for your suggestion and have a wonderful day.

The 1/5/22 is the date the 2 week Caribbean holiday cruise comes back. I am on it as well

Kathy