New Israel Cruises for the Island Princess This Fall?

According to the Haifa Port Cruise Schedule, it shows the Island Princess in port on the following dates in 2021.

ate
Ship Name
Agent Name
Estimated Time of Arrival
Expected Sail time

22/10/2021

ISLAND PRINCESS

ROSENFELD SHIPPING

06:00

18:00

07/11/2021

ISLAND PRINCESS

ROSENFELD SHIPPING

21:00

15/11/2021

ISLAND PRINCESS

ROSENFELD SHIPPING

21/11/2021

ISLAND PRINCESS

ROSENFELD SHIPPING

27/11/2021

ISLAND PRINCESS

ROSENFELD SHIPPING

29/11/2021

ISLAND PRINCESS

ROSENFELD SHIPPING

Haifa Port-Cruise Schedule

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I may be wrong but don't you have to be a citizen of Israel to take these cruises?

DON

At the present time yes, but friends of mine in Israel tell me there is much talk about initiating a vaccine passport program to stimulate tourism.  Will that includes such cruises, I don't know.

Edited by jondfk

That's very concerning as we're booked on the Island Princess leaving from Rome on the 14th of November. It makes two calls in Israel on the 21st and 22nd of November and eventually gets back to Rome and then we're supposed to take the Island to Fort Lauderdale. So, those scheduled arrivals on the 27th and the 29th of November are very fishy.

Good thing we've got a backup cruise scheduled.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

That's very concerning as we're booked on the Island Princess leaving from Rome on the 14th of November. It makes two calls in Israel on the 21st and 22nd of November and eventually gets back to Rome and then we're supposed to take the Island to Fort Lauderdale. So, those scheduled arrivals on the 27th and the 29th of November are very fishy.

We are on the same cruise plus a couple so I also find this interesting-Nothing surprises me anymore but it has to stop sometime 🙂  Please!

• Like 2

Interesting. Right now we're booked on a 14 day Northern Lights RT cruise out of Southampton leaving on Oct 5th and returning Oct 19th. Since I would imagine it would take the Island longer than 3 days to get to Haifa from Southampton and it's currently sitting off Cypres right now, this doesn't add to our confidence factor that our cruise is actually going to happen. If true, which I don't doubt considering all that's going on, I wonder how long it will take Princess to let us know if/when the Island schedule does change?

Edited by Ken the cruiser

6 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Hi

Am I assuming you get into Ft. Lauderdale on December 12th? I am on the one leaving that day Panama Canal and the B@B after that for the 2 weeks holiday cruise to the Caribbean. So with those two cruises right after yours I suspect you are correct.  If you need anything here in Lauderdale before you get here let me know happy to help.

Kathy

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Interesting. Right now we're booked on a 14 day Northern Lights RT cruise out of Southampton leaving on Oct 5th and returning Oct 19th. Since I would imagine it would take the Island longer than 3 days to get to Haifa from Southampton and it's currently sitting off Cypres right now, this doesn't add to our confidence factor that our cruise is actually going to happen. If true, which I don't doubt considering all that's going on, I wonder how long it will take Princess to let us know if/when the Island schedule does change?

We are supposed to be on the cruise after yours from Southampton to Rome -- this is very disconcerting! 

Trying to look not so negatively here, does anyone know if it could simply be Princess putting a hold on dock space for their own version of Plan B (or C or D)?

The Pacific Princess from FLL to Tahiti was my plan A (gone), the Rome to Israel to Rome to FLL is Plan B (now threatened) and the Diamond Princess from LA to Buenos Aires on Dec 1 is Plan C (which if it goes will now be her first revenue sailing). I think Plan D might simply be an AI in the Caribbean or Mexico ...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Trying to look not so negatively here, does anyone know if it could simply be Princess putting a hold on dock space for their own version of Plan B (or C or D)?

I was thinking the same thing. Guess we will have to wait and see

IMO - I think the spread of dates listed looks more like a port call schedule, and not like a home port schedule.

Maybe the Island will be home ported in Greece or Cypress and Haifa will only be one of the ports of call on her itinerary (?)

51 minutes ago, srpilo said:

IMO - I think the spread of dates listed looks more like a port call schedule, and not like a home port schedule.

Maybe the Island will be home ported in Greece or Cypress and Haifa will only be one of the ports of call on her itinerary (?)

I agree. I believe it will be a port of call and not an embarkation port. Trying to figure out the embarkation port. It is not Piraeus either. The Piraeus port schedule site shows the Island Princess in Piraeus (Athens) as a transit port for the following dates and times:

November 11th: 9:00-18:00

November 24th: 9:00-18:00

December 3rd: 7:00-18:00

That means the current itineraries for the Island Princess will likely be undergoing changes. 

12 hours ago, srpilo said:

11 hours ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

I agree. I believe it will be a port of call and not an embarkation port. Trying to figure out the embarkation port. It is not Piraeus either. The Piraeus port schedule site shows the Island Princess in Piraeus (Athens) as a transit port for the following dates and times:

November 11th: 9:00-18:00

November 24th: 9:00-18:00

December 3rd: 7:00-18:00

That means the current itineraries for the Island Princess will likely be undergoing changes. 

• The November 11th port call is published on Princess as at sea between Mykonos and Messina.
  • The November 24th port call matches the published Princess itinerary except for arrival time.
  • December 3rd she's published to be at sea between Casablanca and Madeira, heading to FLL after that.

This all could still be backup dock reservations as dock schedules for the published itineraries are also matching up. One thing is for sure, Princess is working hard to get that ship sailing one way or another.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:29 PM, beg3yrs said:

Fishy is a good word!  Lol  We’re doing the 28 night also.  

Maybe these are secondary plans in case we are not allowed to come into Ft Lauderdale.

They may be waiting on the CDC?

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe these are secondary plans in case we are not allowed to come into Ft Lauderdale.

Aren’t we all?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I want you all to come to Ft. Lauderdale....................lol And if I can do anything before or after you cruise let me know I would love to give you some recommendations. 
Kathy

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, rabin1 said:

I want you all to come to Ft. Lauderdale....................lol And if I can do anything before or after you cruise let me know I would love to give you some recommendations. 
Kathy

Thanks Kathy!

We were thinking about adding the Canal onto this, but it’s not a real easy thing to decide any more, with everything cancelling and changing.  

Probably will need a lot of wine!  Lmao

Tonna

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thanks Kathy!

We were thinking about adding the Canal onto this, but it’s not a real easy thing to decide any more, with everything cancelling and changing.  

Probably will need a lot of wine!  Lmao

Tonna

Hi

I added the Canal cruise to the one before my 14 day Caribbean Cruise. I would do it now you can always cancel pretty cheap only $3300. 

Wine hmmm haven't you heard our nickname is Ft. Liquordale

Kathy

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, rabin1 said:

Hi

I added the Canal cruise to the one before my 14 day Caribbean Cruise. I would do it now you can always cancel pretty cheap only $3300. 

Wine hmmm haven't you heard our nickname is Ft. Liquordale

Kathy

I'm also on the 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Island in December. 

6 minutes ago, Princess Cruises Fann said:

I'm also on the 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Island in December. 

Hi

If you have not done so please go to our meet and mingle and sign up. We have a spread sheet. Once we are for sure going I will be posting the date of the M&M and all the other activities we will have going on

Kathy

Maybe this will be sorted out soon. Tonight the bookings have disappeared from the Personalizer. No cruises, no FCC etc show when logged in. Others have found the same. 
my booking for March 28/21 is gone, so it is not just a summer 2021 cruise update. 

1 hour ago, dog said:

Maybe this will be sorted out soon. Tonight the bookings have disappeared from the Personalizer. No cruises, no FCC etc show when logged in. Others have found the same. 
my booking for March 28/21 is gone, so it is not just a summer 2021 cruise update. 

all is back to normal on website now

50 minutes ago, Grego said:

This is all interesting and speculative.  It's well over 200 days until the Island Princess leaves Rome and a lot can happen, and will, before that embarkation.

So true!  Our letters to our Senators and Congress May have helped to get the CDC to give direction to cruise line’s.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Senate-bill-demands-the-CDC-lift-its-Conditional-Sailing-Order-by-July-4