Pacific Encounter has completed her dry dock

After completing the final touches to her interiors during her 2 week Drydock in Singapore, Pacific Encounter has left drydock:

She is currently still at Sembawang Ship Yard.

Thank You to Phillip Walter Gunter and Singapore Cruise Society for the photos. (From Facebook).

172310897_290476809138443_55220193958735

170921349_290476819138442_50062236320801

170396534_290476852471772_58058891501552

170108527_290476869138437_27779146538324

• Like 1

Ye olde Star Princess, was on her in February 2004, Sydney to Asia. She got a lot of attention at Circular Quay, big ship for the era. First ship of 100,000 plus tonnes to enter Australian waters.  Yes 2600 pax, lower berthed, Grand Class. Good vessel. With upper berths she can carry approx 3000 pax and as Pacific Encounter she probably will, all those families and kids, impacting on public areas.

In the pram handle was Skywalkers, night club and elite and suite lounge. I wonder what p and o has changed it to?

Edited by NSWP

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Mega ship when  launched in 2002. Now just large, i would not class her as a medium ship.

I guess I meant a medium big ship, rather than large or huge ship.  Not small ship which I love. 

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

In the pram handle was Skywalkers, night club and elite and suite lounge. I wonder what p and o has changed it to?

Sitting having a G&T    remembering enjoying skywalkers on the Golden and a couple of G&T and nibbles...... oh to do that again... but alas   all gone..... last time was december 2019 ....

Wonder what ship Princess to give us down here in Melbourne....   when  cruising ever starts....

Cheers Don.....   new and improved  now 20kg lighter

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Sitting having a G&T    remembering enjoying skywalkers on the Golden and a couple of G&T and nibbles...... oh to do that again... but alas   all gone..... last time was december 2019 ....

Wonder what ship Princess to give us down here in Melbourne....   when  cruising ever starts....

Cheers Don.....   new and improved  now 20kg lighter

Good work Don shedding 20kg, i cannot do it, too much cheese and ice cream..as for a princess ship, they have to get here first.

Edited by NSWP

10 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Good work Don shedding 20kg, i cannot do it, too much cheese and ice cream..as for a princess ship, they have to get here first.

Thanks Les.... it hasn't been easy...  but the doctor did grin.....    I would kill for cheese.....

Yes   a princess ship    my kingdom for a princess ship....  Oh not have a kingdom... and the rate things are going   even a kingdom will not get a cruise ship to Melbourne soon

( ahhhh yes the meaning of soon.......  )

Well one can dream.....    ( it is cheaper and fat free    lol )

Don     getting ready for dinner

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Grand Princess is scheduled for Melbourne in 2022/3.  We’re already booked on Adelaide to New Zealand in Jan 2023.