Department of State April 19, 2021 on travel

Redtravel

Yesterday The US. Dept of state issued a do not travel warning.  Since most countries are listed as RED, they said not to travel internationally.  The list keeps increasing red level 4 countries.  This includes business travel.  How will this affect cruising?

26 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Yesterday The US. Dept of state issued a do not travel warning.  Since most countries are listed as RED, they said not to travel internationally.  The list keeps increasing red level 4 countries.  This includes business travel.  How will this affect cruising?

Not in a god way.  If you can't get to your ship then you don't cruise. Not interested spending the rest of my life on a cruise in the Carib.

2 minutes ago, RJB said:

Not in a god way.  If you can't get to your ship then you don't cruise. Not interested spending the rest of my life on a cruise in the Carib.

Agree. It seems like a lot of hassle just to take a cruise in Carib. Good luck on anyone trying to get insurance on their cruise now.  I would not want to risk becoming ill and being stuck in a small island hospital. Head to a FL beach, Hawaii, or take a land trip. 

3 hours ago, RJB said:

I don’t understand.... we are booked on Crystal, July 31, 2021 Nassau-Nassau. I have my flights booked round trip from Miami to Nassau. Returning August 7th to Miami. 
Not happy to be forced to fly out of the US to take a cruise 1 hour off the coast of Florida. But we can get there, if that’s what it takes to go on a cruise. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, pinotlover said:

They are not banning travel, they are only advising against it. Huge difference.

The President can ban travel to other countries by Executive Order, but that isn’t what’s being done here.

But don't you think the CDC will expand that from "advise" to "ban"?

9 hours ago, clo said:

But don't you think the CDC will expand that from "advise" to "ban"?

The CDC doesn’t have the authority to do so. They could advise the President to do so. 

The State Department routinely puts out travel advisories for a long list of reasons. They are advisories.

The State dept. and the CDC want to protect Americans.  They constantly monitor world situations. They often have info that is privileged.  I admire their work.   While I want to travel, I don’t want to get into a dangerous situation.  Traveling is an adventure that we hope is safe.  For now, international travel may not be a safe choice.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

The State Department routinely puts out travel advisories for a long list of reasons. They are advisories.

And I for one pay attention to them. I signed up for them some years ago when we were planning a trip to Turkey.

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

The State dept. and the CDC want to protect Americans.  They constantly monitor world situations. They often have info that is privileged.  I admire their work.   While I want to travel, I don’t want to get into a dangerous situation.  Traveling is an adventure that we hope is safe.  For now, international travel may not be a safe choice.  

Yep. I keep saying 'it's a freaking vacation.' I'm not going to risk (if I can) turning it into and life or death situation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1