Celebrity's Chief Marketing Officer leaves for other opportunities

ipeeinthepool

On 4/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Celebrity's CMO has left the company.  This is the person that brought us, AI, Sail Beyond Borders, Wonder Awaits, Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle brand and evolved modern luxury into whatever it is today.  It should be interesting to see the new direction for the Celebrity brand.  Does anyone have any suggestions for the new marketing officer?

Hi P

The changes in names of campaigns and terms were certainly meant to drive traffic to the site and gain bookings.

But for loyalists it wasn’t important...til it ruined pricing 

The AI prices are eye popping and we don’t need the AI and as an upper level Capt Club we feel it’s removed any perks

For us the Prem Bev and long lost ultimate dining were the two Best Buy’s for us.

We really enjoy Blu as well.

We don’t gamble, shop or spend lots of time online. When we did need fast WiFi for work related items on a TA, it was spotty. 

Like you..we hope they reconsider their strategies...we have an ABC sailing on X in Nov from a lift n shift. Without new pricing strategies we likely won’t be back...and like I said..we are an upper level loyalty bracket...

With respect to other posts...I tired of hearing oh, poor cruise line re pricing and COVID. Our biz lost 40% in 2020 and we did not change pricing to gouge clients now to share the pain.

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

Hi P

The changes in names of campaigns and terms were certainly meant to drive traffic to the site and gain bookings.

But for loyalists it wasn’t important...til it ruined pricing 

The AI prices are eye popping and we don’t need the AI and as an upper level Capt Club we feel it’s removed any perks

For us the Prem Bev and long lost ultimate dining were the two Best Buy’s for us.

We really enjoy Blu as well.

We don’t gamble, shop or spend lots of time online. When we did need fast WiFi for work related items on a TA, it was spotty. 

Like you..we hope they reconsider their strategies...we have an ABC sailing on X in Nov from a lift n shift. Without new pricing strategies we likely won’t be back...and like I said..we are an upper level loyalty bracket...

With respect to other posts...I tired of hearing oh, poor cruise line re pricing and COVID. Our biz lost 40% in 2020 and we did not change pricing to gouge clients now to share the pain.

you answered your own comments on the AI program.

X (and others) can't build new ships on marginal profits from fares only.  They need profit from on board revenue

You (and many others) found  a sweet spot of service from X that really was low profit for them.  CC benefits (drinks?) were enough so you didn't have to buy additional.  You don't gamble, buy from stores or use the internet.  X appreciates your business but wasn't making really any money from you.  All they were doing was handing out benefits that didn't get them any upside - except CC coming back for more free stuff on low margin fares.  Not a business model that enables them to be building Billion $ Apex and Beyond .  HAL has got the market cornered on low margin customers and see how they are doing

I think that pricing change and the pandemic are largely coincidental - it was going to happen anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tfred said:

you answered your own comments on the AI program.

X (and others) can't build new ships on marginal profits from fares only.  They need profit from on board revenue

You (and many others) found  a sweet spot of service from X that really was low profit for them.  CC benefits (drinks?) were enough so you didn't have to buy additional.  You don't gamble, buy from stores or use the internet.  X appreciates your business but wasn't making really any money from you.  All they were doing was handing out benefits that didn't get them any upside - except CC coming back for more free stuff on low margin fares.  Not a business model that enables them to be building Billion $ Apex and Beyond .  HAL has got the market cornered on low margin customers and see how they are doing

I think that pricing change and the pandemic are largely coincidental - it was going to happen anyway

Actually we paid for Premium Bev package,

We paid for ultimate dining package 

both on top of fares.

Hate MDR 

Aqua works for us

we hear Luminea is lovely..it’s just out of reach and a bit perkless for pricing imho

on our last B2B we sailed AQ first week and then concierge next 10 nights.

We also bought an 8 night specialty dining for that ten...
X makes a lot on us in food/bev

We also had a cabana on a sea day at the lawn...for two days.

Perhaps X needs to pay Lisa and the design team who made those infinite verandas less....

we do own RCCL stock and its done beautifully...bought in in early 2020 when everyone was running around like their hair was on fire

whether it continues remains to be seen.

we didn’t buy much..just enough for the discount. 
we would trade stock value for better pricing with X

Many people  who post here seem to not  understand that Loyal Cruisers spend quite a bit on board..upgrades from perks program,.but they choose what they enjoy..  Not everyone cruises to drink and not all Loyal cruisers are low end freeloaders.

For now we will deal with the current pricing plans or wait for change. We do  appreciate all inclusive Concierge/ suite level at Sandals but their prices fairly reflect what is offered and are truly all inclusive other than the spa treatments.

The luxury starts  the minute you arrive!

Marketing that focuses on excellent service and  overall quality is what wins out in the end!

Edited by hcat

On 4/25/2021 at 9:50 AM, Pinboy said:

Speaking for myself---

I suggest this topic be removed.

It's a personal thing between him and the Company and none of anyone's business on a public forum.

wouldn't surprise me, but I don't take that as a reversal of direction - so you anti AI folks calm down ".

Nonsense.

It is a public company so it is other people’s business. Suggesting the topic be removed? Really? 🙄

I didn't wade through all posts but Peter Giorgi left Celebrity for Equinox Group. Not to be confused with the Celebrity Equinox. They own/operate Equinox, SoulCycle, PURE Yoga, Blink Fitness, Precision Run, Equinox Hotels, PROJECT by Equinox, Equinox Explore and Equinox Media.

Looks like he's again taking on a pretty broad position similar to Celebrity also. Good luck to whoever the new person is. Tough crowd.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2021 at 3:11 PM, hcat said:

Many people  who post here seem to not  understand that Loyal Cruisers spend quite a bit on board..upgrades from perks program,.but they choose what they enjoy..  Not everyone cruises to drink and not all Loyal cruisers are low end freeloaders.

For now we will deal with the current pricing plans or wait for change. We do  appreciate all inclusive Concierge/ suite level at Sandals but their prices fairly reflect what is offered and are truly all inclusive other than the spa treatments.

The luxury starts  the minute you arrive!

Marketing that focuses on excellent service and  overall quality is what wins out in the end!

X knows everything about you specifically and collectively about the spending and on board cruising habits of different CC tiers.  Your Seapass tells them everything the need to know - how much time in the room, restaurants chosen, drinks, spa etc.  It's all Big Data and the look at it 100 different ways.

Ultimately they decided that whatever low and middle CC tiers spend on board wasn't worth the maintaining a distinct set of benefits (e.g. drinks).  They weren't freeloaders but X wasn't making enough profit from them.  The people at the top of the CC pile were probably getting suites or routinely buying PBP so the loss of a few free drinks in the afternoon want going to turn them off.  If someone is profitable, believe me, X will find them and take care of them.  

Marriott and Delta have gone through the same decision tree (I know this personally) and have survived and prospered.  Highly discounted fares/rooms get lower tier points and a longer path to status