Details on the all new Haven on the Epic (Post-COVID) - Complete refurbishment of all Haven areas

Cruise Gopher

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, southafricanboy said:

Has anyone yet seen any actual pics of the Epic Haven refurb, beyond the renders? 

Looking very forward to seeing actual pics. 
(…booked for many months from now, but the Epic Haven was definitely in need of this refurb when we last sailed her in 2019)

Don’t think she has sailed yet. Hopefully we should get some reports and pics in September. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

We are set to sail out of Barcelona on the Epic this October and are staying in the Haven Spa Suite. The Jetted tub overlooking the ocean was a huge selling point to me and I am pretty disappointed now that it looks like its not there anymore. We called guest services yesterday to verify this and they insisted that the room still had the tub because it was still in the room description in their system and found nothing about the refurbishment. We pointed out that the room description, photos, and layout on the website has changed and they told us not to trust the website 🤦‍♀️ I am guessing it is more likely that their system is not up to date with the changes, and they were trying to appease us. 

Either way, I am disappointed that significant changes were made to our room (like not having a tub anymore) and we weren't really notified. I only noticed because the picture of our stateroom changed in our vacation summary in the last couple of weeks. I then looked into it and found out about the Haven upgrades on the Epic. I generally agree that the upgrades are gorgeous and the layout is improved, but it simply isn't what we booked. We are already dealing with changes to itinerary due to COVID, so maybe this is just another change that I have to just deal with. I just wish we got some solid answers about what to expect with our room. We might end up just bidding for an upgrade so I can get my tub and some peace of mind 😆 Its not a guarantee, and I'm not happy that I will have to pay more to get what I wanted, but that's first world problems for you.

TLDR: After calling, we still aren't sure what the Haven Spa Suites are going to include, and will have to wait to get more info. Their system and the website seem to be contradicting each other.

10 minutes ago, Spicker said:

We are set to sail out of Barcelona on the Epic this October and are staying in the Haven Spa Suite. The Jetted tub overlooking the ocean was a huge selling point to me and I am pretty disappointed now that it looks like its not there anymore. We called guest services yesterday to verify this and they insisted that the room still had the tub because it was still in the room description in their system and found nothing about the refurbishment. We pointed out that the room description, photos, and layout on the website has changed and they told us not to trust the website 🤦‍♀️ I am guessing it is more likely that their system is not up to date with the changes, and they were trying to appease us. 

Either way, I am disappointed that significant changes were made to our room (like not having a tub anymore) and we weren't really notified. I only noticed because the picture of our stateroom changed in our vacation summary in the last couple of weeks. I then looked into it and found out about the Haven upgrades on the Epic. I generally agree that the upgrades are gorgeous and the layout is improved, but it simply isn't what we booked. We are already dealing with changes to itinerary due to COVID, so maybe this is just another change that I have to just deal with. I just wish we got some solid answers about what to expect with our room. We might end up just bidding for an upgrade so I can get my tub and some peace of mind 😆 Its not a guarantee, and I'm not happy that I will have to pay more to get what I wanted, but that's first world problems for you.

TLDR: After calling, we still aren't sure what the Haven Spa Suites are going to include, and will have to wait to get more info. Their system and the website seem to be contradicting each other.

You will not be disappointed.  The Epic spa is STILL the largest and best spa at sea.  You will have access to it with your Spa Suite booking.  The tub removal gives you room to actually eat a meal in your stateroom.  I know the tub is what you were looking for but they took forever to fill and really were never for 2 people. You will enjoy all the soaking in the spa much more than a bathtub in the stateroom.

I did a dummy booking and saw this ....

image.thumb.png.edca95eca8ef609f85e04e0e2a44804b.png

Looks like NCL has put in the same set of stock photos and cabin layout for each of the Haven Penthouse/Suite HC, HF and H9 even though they are different.

I also did a dummy booking for a HC and HF and they do not have Hot Tub listed like above for H9. These two have bathtub instead of shower.

4 hours ago, david_sobe said:

You will not be disappointed.  The Epic spa is STILL the largest and best spa at sea.  You will have access to it with your Spa Suite booking.  The tub removal gives you room to actually eat a meal in your stateroom.  I know the tub is what you were looking for but they took forever to fill and really were never for 2 people. You will enjoy all the soaking in the spa much more than a bathtub in the stateroom.

Yes I am sure it will still be a good room, though I must say that the spa isn't a big selling point for me knowing that we will need to wear masks because it is indoors (confirmed by others on different European cruises). I have no problem wearing a mask in public spaces, but the chances of me going to the hot tub or sauna with a mask on is very low.

But I am sure it will be great. I imagine I will be making the most out of the Haven benefits either way. We will bid for an upgrade and hopefully we can get it. If not, we will still have fun.

4 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

Looks like NCL has put in the same set of stock photos and cabin layout for each of the Haven Penthouse/Suite HC, HF and H9 even though they are different.

I also did a dummy booking for a HC and HF and they do not have Hot Tub listed like above for H9. These two have bathtub instead of shower.

This is likely what the people we talked with on the phone saw too. I can still see this also being inaccurate. NCL has said in multiple places that all the Haven rooms were upgraded, and it is unclear what that means for spa suites. I guess we will figure out when we get there 🤷‍♀️. I plan on making a video of our room and cruise experience for others to get an idea of what to expect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@SkierRobUMN - thank you very much for the updated pictures!

It looks like they did not touch the bathroom in the refurbishment, which is probably a good thing. The new furniture is not as Ikea-like as I feared, but I think there were four chairs around the table in the living room, two of them with armrests..

6 hours ago, renji said:

Any thoughts about whether that glass cover over the pool will help make it usable in December out of NY?  How hot are the hot tubs?

There is no cover on the Haven courtyard on Epic, unfortunately.  I am going to be on the TA that arrives in NYC on Dec 5 before it heads to San Juan.  I am fully expecting that once we are a day or so out of NY, it will be downright cold outside.  

I've heard from others that the captain typically takes a southernly route, coming across south of Bermuda and then swinging north into NYC.  Maybe it will be okay for me for a day or so, and I would expect until you get a day or so out of NYC southward, it will be cold in December.

41 minutes ago, Trimone said:

The haven spa suite is a standard cabin now, doesn’t even have a tub, we got moved to 2 bed in haven because I had paperwork from 23/08/2021 guaranteeing in had a hot tub!

What paperwork did you have that said that? We stayed in a spa suite before and would be disappointed if there was no bath in the room any more

Edited by Yinster

I asked my PCC for evidence it still had the tub, so he sent me the document that he uses, when I arrived and looked at the room I went straight back to Omar the haven concierge and said deal with it, he said my documents were like gold as evidence I had been miss sold !

moved before nighttime 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Trimone said:

I asked my PCC for evidence it still had the tub, so he sent me the document that he uses, when I arrived and looked at the room I went straight back to Omar the haven concierge and said deal with it, he said my documents were like gold as evidence I had been miss sold !

moved before nighttime 

Someone could really game the system with this knowledge.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, caitlynambrai said:

Someone could really game the system with this knowledge.

I did offer back in August to pay for a move to 2 bed, the cost difference was only £119 because I was worried the rooms had been altered, however the PPC assumed me the H9 still had Hot Tub, I had an email assuring me of this with room spec! When I approached Omar we attempted to say the rooms had changed however I had the 23/08/2021 on the email.

Get evidence of your agent and print it off?

6 hours ago, Trimone said:

I did offer back in August to pay for a move to 2 bed, the cost difference was only £119 because I was worried the rooms had been altered, however the PPC assumed me the H9 still had Hot Tub, I had an email assuring me of this with room spec! When I approached Omar we attempted to say the rooms had changed however I had the 23/08/2021 on the email.

Get evidence of your agent and print it off?

This is my concern! I have called and my travel agent has called and we were both assured that there were still tubs in the room, and they said they would put a note in our account about our concern. I have been waiting to see pictures of the room so I could have proof, because they keep telling us not to trust the renderings. Did it look like the images they currently have on the website for the room?