Details on the all new Haven on the Epic (Post-COVID) - Complete refurbishment of all Haven areas

Cruise Gopher

Thought I would start a thread with all the details we know about the totally refurbished Haven area on the Epic.  This was announced on April 28th, 2021 via press release.  

Summary

Reaffirming the Company's commitment to elevating the guest experience at sea, the Cruise Line will debut an all-new The Haven by Norwegian complex aboard Norwegian Epic, following an extensive refurbishment in Marseille, France at the end of 2020.  Norwegian Epic was the first in the fleet to premiere the Brand's key-card access ship-within-a-ship concept in 2010, complete with private amenities, dedicated services and the most luxurious accommodations on board. The recent renovation resulted in 75 reimagined and upgraded suites combined with redesigned experiences including The Haven Restaurant and The Haven Courtyard Pool and Sundeck.  Norwegian Epic features one of the largest The Haven complexes in the Norwegian fleet.

"Although we have been unable to connect with our guests at sea, we have used the last year to prepare for their return by investing in our fleet and our onboard offerings," said Sommer. "Norwegian Epic's redesign is a testament to our unwavering commitment to extraordinary quality and elevating the standard of excellence across our fleet."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/norwegian-cruise-line-prepares-for-resumption-of-cruising-from-barcelona-and-rome-301279097.html

Haven Courtyard Remodeled

Haven_Courtyard_Pool_and_Sundeck.jpg?p=publish

Haven Lounge Remodeled

Haven_Lounge.jpg?p=publish

Haven Restaurant Remodeled

Haven_Restaurant.jpg?p=publish

ALL 75 Haven Suites Remodeled!!

H2 The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

881x400_Epic_H2_Haven_Deluxe_Owner's_Suite_Bedroom.jpg

881x400_Epic_H2_Haven_Deluxe_Owner's_Suite_Livingroom.jpg

881x400_Epic_H2_Haven_Deluxe_Owner's_Suite_Bathroom.jpg

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony floor plan

H6 The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony

881x400_H6_Haven_2-Bedroom_Family_Villa_with_Balcony_Bedroom.jpg

881x400_H6_Haven_2-Bedroom_Family_Villa_with_Balcony_Livingroom.jpg

881x400_H6_Haven_2-Bedroom_Family_Villa_with_Balcony_Bathroom.jpg

The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony floor plan

HF The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony

and HC The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony

881x400_HF_F9_HC_Haven_Bedroom.jpg

881x400_HF_F9_HC_Haven_Bedroom_2.jpg

881x400_HF_F9_HC_Haven_Bathroom.jpg

The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony floor plan

H9 The Haven Spa Suite with Balcony

Photos on the website are the same as the above Penthouse, no in-room jacuzzi shown, so unsure what is happening with these.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

Looks great. Thanks for sharing. 

Were the bathrooms always in a separate room for Haven guests as opposed to the layout in the standard cabins?

Yes, they were separate bathrooms in the Haven. Nothing like the odd separate compartment bathrooms in the regular Epic rooms. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seany527 said:

Looks great. Thanks for sharing. 

Were the bathrooms always in a separate room for Haven guests as opposed to the layout in the standard cabins?

The HC and HF used to have the circular bed with the bathroom in the room behind a curtain.  I love the new layout much better with the bathroom separate.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting.  Sailed the Epic many years ago and was astonished by the ship.  I've stayed in the Haven on both -Away ships, but given the concept originated on the Epic, I always wanted to stay in the Haven there.

Now, I'll get a chance at the "new" Epic Haven!

The Epic has the best Haven in the fleet. We were on the first cruise after her 2015 dry dock. She looks even better now.

In 2015, they demo’ed all of the Haven public areas and rebuilt including room furnishings. Throughout our cruise more “stuff” would show up daily (e.g., throw pillows, curtains, chairs). They cleaned up some excess grout on the tiles. 

Since they also cut big holes in the hull and replaced two engines, we did some mini sea trials during the cruise. Full speed starts, emergency stops, and did a 1 hour leisurely 360 degree turn while in port to recalibrate the ships compass (because of all the new steel). 

I was trying to find pictures of the original Haven stateroom layouts to compare before and after and I noticed on another booking site that the pictures of the balcony staterooms differ from NCLs website...but it’s most certainly the Epic with that awkward sink in the photo.

48CBDC12-1F8E-4397-ACD7-20373E4A1F3D.jpeg

DD4EA631-2EBA-4880-BCE6-671B1483CB9B.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Seany527 said:

I was trying to find pictures of the original Haven stateroom layouts to compare before and after and I noticed on another booking site that the pictures of the balcony staterooms differ from NCLs website...but it’s most certainly the Epic with that awkward sink in the photo.

48CBDC12-1F8E-4397-ACD7-20373E4A1F3D.jpeg

DD4EA631-2EBA-4880-BCE6-671B1483CB9B.jpeg

That bottom photo totally looks like an original stateroom rendering and not an actual photo. I chuckled at the ficus tree next to the bed. 🤣

Edited by SkierRobUMN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't notice much difference in the public spaces, and I'm actually disappointed in what they did with the 2br. It looks like the bar area we had when we were on her last time is now the closet for the main bedroom. The main bedroom lost the big double closet and makeup sitting area. Just looks more squished now I guess. Here's some messy photos from when we sailed her in Feb 2020.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on the Epic out of Rome to New York at the end of November this year and are looking forward to seeing the changes. The Haven on the Epic is our favorite, hope the ship actually sails as things are up in the air right now.    

• Like 1

On 4/29/2021 at 6:49 PM, Sailing12Away said:

I don't notice much difference in the public spaces, and I'm actually disappointed in what they did with the 2br. It looks like the bar area we had when we were on her last time is now the closet for the main bedroom. The main bedroom lost the big double closet and makeup sitting area. Just looks more squished now I guess. Here's some messy photos from when we sailed her in Feb 2020.

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Did they borrow Kelly Hoppen from Celebrity? If so, get prepared to uncomfortable furniture and lack of storage

Here are some photos  of Aft Penthouse 13295 in 2011.  It was definitely a quirky layout.

We're booked in the same suite in December 2022, so it will be interesting to compare the updates.

PA230159.jpg

Cruise Suite1.jpg

Cruise Suite3.jpg

Cruise Suite5_0.jpg

PA230160.jpg

5 minutes ago, TheGinBoy said:

Loving the updated look. Thinking we might upgrade to Haven for our April 2022 cruise.

Does anyone know if they touched much else of the ship during the works?

They didn’t refurb much else at all, however they did add a Starbucks. 

• Haha 1

Wow

Really nice. I cant believe how fast time goes since the photos from 2015's refresh were posted.  I liked them but never liked what they did to the Haven bar area. IMHO it was a step backwards from how it originally was.  But these photos make everything look so new and fresh.  Too bad they could not make the haven pool larger.  I hope someday the Epic comes back to Miami because I sailed her twice and cant wait to go back again.  I am in the minority but Epic is a superior ship to Getaway and Breakaway for many reasons too long to mention.

The 2 bedroom suites on Epic are my all time favorite cabins.  I see they made the second bedroom bigger by making it wider and now the bed no longer faces the bathroom and the picture window to the sea.  Apparently this was no refresh but real construction to maximize space.

3 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Wow

Really nice. I cant believe how fast time goes since the photos from 2015's refresh were posted.  I liked them but never liked what they did to the Haven bar area. IMHO it was a step backwards from how it originally was.  But these photos make everything look so new and fresh.  Too bad they could not make the haven pool larger.  I hope someday the Epic comes back to Miami because I sailed her twice and cant wait to go back again.  I am in the minority but Epic is a superior ship to Getaway and Breakaway for many reasons too long to mention.

The 2 bedroom suites on Epic are my all time favorite cabins.  I see they made the second bedroom bigger by making it wider and now the bed no longer faces the bathroom and the picture window to the sea.  Apparently this was no refresh but real construction to maximize space.

David looking at the two bedroom the balcony’s look tiny, I have a haven Spa booked but for a few hundred I could have a two bedroom, I’m only put off by the balcony.

On 4/29/2021 at 4:58 PM, BirdTravels said:

The Epic has the best Haven in the fleet. We were on the first cruise after her 2015 dry dock. She looks even better now.

In 2015, they demo’ed all of the Haven public areas and rebuilt including room furnishings. Throughout our cruise more “stuff” would show up daily (e.g., throw pillows, curtains, chairs). They cleaned up some excess grout on the tiles. 

Since they also cut big holes in the hull and replaced two engines, we did some mini sea trials during the cruise. Full speed starts, emergency stops, and did a 1 hour leisurely 360 degree turn while in port to recalibrate the ships compass (because of all the new steel). 

How different did the full speed start/stops feel?  That would be interesting.  

5 hours ago, Trimone said:

David looking at the two bedroom the balcony’s look tiny, I have a haven Spa booked but for a few hundred I could have a two bedroom, I’m only put off by the balcony.

The spa suite balconies are larger but I would not classify the Haven 2 bedroom balconies as small especially by today's standard. You cant put a lounger on one unless you get 16001 or 17001 with the solariums and they are big.  Balcony is important to you so stick with what you like. IMHO, I would sacrifice balcony size to be able to stay in the Haven.