NEW MSC Drink Packages (2021 onwards)

Maikell

Hi @Aeroplex, packages are about $860 for the Easy package, which includes only Heineken draft, while Easy plus is almost $1,200, both in Canadian money, for my 17-day cruise. There is a third package that was even more expensive that is just too much money for me. I enjoy beer and would have settled for Heineken, but for two or my favourite craft brands, and some frozen drinks, the extra $17.50 a day is worth it. But if you are a medium to low drinker, I’m not sure a drinks package would pay off for you. It would take more than 5 drinks a day (including port days) to break even, although that does include non-alcoholic drinks and specialty coffees. The packages also include tips, which would normally be added to you bill, apparently. There are some good resources out there to figure out if packages are for you, it’s just been incredibly difficult to find what is actually included in each package. Also MSC makes everyone in the same cabin buy some type of package. I’m travelling alone so that’s not an issue for me. 

Edited by Geeynots

1 hour ago, Geeynots said:

Hi @Aeroplex, packages are about $860 for the Easy package, which includes only Heineken draft, while Easy plus is almost $1,200, both in Canadian money, for my 17-day cruise. There is a third package that was even more expensive that is just too much money for me. I enjoy beer and would have settled for Heineken, but for two or my favourite craft brands, and some frozen drinks, the extra $17.50 a day is worth it. But if you are a medium to low drinker, I’m not sure a drinks package would pay off for you. It would take more than 5 drinks a day (including port days) to break even, although that does include non-alcoholic drinks and specialty coffees. The packages also include tips, which would normally be added to you bill, apparently. There are some good resources out there to figure out if packages are for you, it’s just been incredibly difficult to find what is actually included in each package. Also MSC makes everyone in the same cabin buy some type of package. I’m travelling alone so that’s not an issue for me. 

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I was just a little bit fascinated about the fact too book easy plus for 2 beer brands. Still 1200 CAD is 900€ which is almost 52€ per day ( are you sure the 1200 CAD is correct?).

But in the end it’s your holiday so enjoy and have a lot of drinks haha

I'm afraid it is correct. It's $1,190 CDN actually. But it is a 17-day cruise and does include the 15-18% tip. The two beer brands are a big reason, and there a number of other brands as well, but it would be nice to have the odd frozen drink and higher-end cocktail, which also aren't included in the cheaper package. And I'll be having a couple of cappuccinos a day. It really is a tough call for me, but I think I'd likely average more than the 6 drinks (including coffees and non-alcohol options) to break even, so I'll give it a go. Guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, Geeynots said:

I'm afraid it is correct. It's $1,190 CDN actually. But it is a 17-day cruise and does include the 15-18% tip. The two beer brands are a big reason, and there a number of other brands as well, but it would be nice to have the odd frozen drink and higher-end cocktail, which also aren't included in the cheaper package. And I'll be having a couple of cappuccinos a day. It really is a tough call for me, but I think I'd likely average more than the 6 drinks (including coffees and non-alcohol options) to break even, so I'll give it a go. Guess we'll see.

You can ask your steward to empty the mini bar, if it isn't included. Then you can ask for beer bottles sealed to enjoy it from your mini bar / balcony. Then I would suggest to order bottled water or other sealed beverages for all the excursions.

^^ Enjoy

Edited by Aeroplex

10 minutes ago, Aeroplex said:

You can ask your steward to empty the mini bar, if it isn't included. Then you can ask for beer bottles sealed to enjoy it from your mini bar / balcony. Then I would suggest to order bottled water or other sealed beverages for all the excursions.

^^ Enjoy

I knew about emptying the minibar but hadn't thought about getting an unopened bottle. That's a great tip, thank you.

27 minutes ago, Geeynots said:

I knew about emptying the minibar but hadn't thought about getting an unopened bottle. That's a great tip, thank you.

If you say you want to enjoy the bottle in the cabin/balcony ^^, it will be given to you sealed. It should also be possible to take beer off-board.

Edited by Aeroplex
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Geeynots said:

Hi @Aeroplex, packages are about $860 for the Easy package, which includes only Heineken draft.

There are some good resources out there to figure out if packages are for you, it’s just been incredibly difficult to find what is actually included in each package.  

There is a PDF online with current packages and inclusions.

Winter 2021 - Onwards
Drink Package Comparison
The Bahamas 
& Caribbean Cruises

Europe, Emirates, 
Southern Caribbean & World Cruise

Drink Package:

Easy
Select drinks 
Easy Plus 
(Included in All-In offer)
All drinks up to $9
Premium Extra
All drinks 
up to $15
Easy
Select drinks 
Easy Plus
(Included in All-In offer)

All drinks up to €8
Premium Extra
All drinks 
up to €13
BEER BRANDS            
Affligem Blond        
Amstel Light        
Angry Orchard Apple Cider        
Beck's    
Blue Moon        
Bud Light        
Budweiser     
Coors Light         
Corona / Corona Light        
Desperados         
Dos Equis    
Draft Beer   
Franziskaner         
Guinness     
Heineken    
Heineken 0.0 Alcohol-free  
Michelob Ultra        
Miller Lite (bottle)      
Nastro Azzuro    
Newcastle Brown Ale    
Paulaner        
Pilsner Urquell        
Red Stripe        
Samuel Adams        
San Miguel        
Sol        
Stella Artois    
Strongbow Apple Cider        
Yuengling Lager        
WHISKEY BRANDS            
Ballantine's Finest        
Bell's        
Bushmills           
Canadian Club     
Chivas Regal 12Y         
Crown Royal    
Dewar's         
Dewar's Special Reserve 12Y           
Dewar's White Label         
Elijah Craig         
Fireball Cinnamon Whiskey         
Gentleman Jack           
Glenlivet Master Distiller's Reserve         
J&B         
Jack Daniel's Old N° 7        
Jameson Irish    
Jim Beam White Label    
Johnnie Walker Black 12Y         
Johnnie Walker Red     
Maker's Mark         
Mitcher's Rye           
Nikka Days          
Seagram's 7        
Whiskey (well)          
Woodford Reserve        
VODKA BRANDS            
Absolut    
Absolut Elix        
Belvedere        
Chopin        
Finlandia        
Grey Goose        
Houpert & Frère          
Ketel One         
Moskowskaya         
Ocean (organic vodka)           
Smirnoff     
Stolichnaya     
Tito's     
Ultimat           
Vodka (well)  
RUM BRANDS            
Appleton Estate         
Bacardi 8Y         
Bacardi Black     
Bacardi Flavored         
Bacardi Oakheart         
Bacardi Superior White     
Brugal Anejo            
Captain Morgan         
Captain Morgan Spiced         
Gosling's Black Seal         
Havana Club 3Y         
Havana Club 7Y           
Malibu Coconut         
Myer's Original     
Pirat XO Reserve           
Rum (well)    
Santa Teresa 1796         
Zacapa 23Y         
GIN            
Aviation         
Beefeater     
Bombay Saphire     
Bulldog           
Gin (well)      
Gordon's Dry    
Gordon's Premium Pink         
Hendrick's         
Plymouth           
Tanqueray N° Ten         
The Botanist           
TEQUILA             
1800 Reposado        
Cazadores Reposado          
Cuervo Gold        
Cuervo Silver        
Don Julio Reposado          
Don Julio Silver          
Herradura Reposado          
Jose Cuervo Gold        
Jose Cuervo Silver        
Patrón Añejo          
Patrón Silver        
Tequila (well)    
BRANDY, COGNAC & ARMAGNAC / GRAPPA         
Aalborg Akvavit        
Armagnac Janneau XO        
Brandy (well)
Cardinal Mendoza    
Grappa Montanaro White          
Grappa Montanaro Aged         
Hennessy VS        
Kirschwasser         
Martell VS        
Martell VSOP         
Metaxa         
Piore Williams         
Rémy Martin VSOP         
Vecchia Romagna Etichetta Nera    
LIQUORS & BITTERS             
Amaretto Disaronno       
Amaro Averna           
Amaro Ramazzotti            
Amato Montenegro       
Aperol     
Baileys Irish Cream     
Bitter Campari     
Cointreau     
Drambuie     
Fernet Branca     
Godiva Chocolate         
Grand Marnier     
Jägermeister    
Kahlúa    
Limoncello      
Malibu         
Patron XO Cafe     
Porto Sandeman Ruby     
Ricard     
Ruaviejo Licor de Hierbas         
Sambuca     
Sherry Harvey’s Bristol Cream         
Southern Comfort         
Vecchio Amaro del Capo         
Vermouth Martini (white & red)      
APERTIFS             
Campari Soda         
Crodino         
Ouzo         
Pastis 51         
Raki         
Ramazzotti Aperitivo Rosato        
Sanbitter         
COCKTAILS             
Alcohol-Free Cocktails          
Classic Cocktails          
Contemporary Classics     
Featured Cocktails           
Fresh Fruit Cocktails    
Frozen Drinks            
Mixed Drinks with Well Spirits   
Premium Cocktails & Mixed Drinks         
Protein Shakes     
Signature Cocktails           
Spritz Cocktails         
Tropical Treasures         
CHAMPAGNE & WINES             
House-Brand Wines        
Wine by the glass up to $9             
Wine by the glass up to $15             
Wine by the glass up to €8             
Wine by the glass up to €10             
SOFT DRINKS & OTHER            
Bottled Mineral Water     
Energy Drinks         
Fountain Soda / Soda by the glass          
Fresh Orange Juice         
Fruit Juices by the glass    
Iced Tea (cans)        
Soda (cans)        
PREMIUM COFFEES             
Caffè Latte     
Cappuccino     
Espresso     
Hot Chocolate     
Hot Tea     
Specialty Coffees            
Spirit Coffees         

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for this @phissy, I actually stumbled across that a few hours ago. It doesn't list the beer I was interested in, but I called MSC this morning to be sure about Covid testing and she also confirmed the brands I was curious about are included in the Easy Plus. Unfortunately Johnny Black has been dropped from the middle package. Thanks again for the info.

Edited by Geeynots
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Geeynots said:

Thanks for this @phissy, I actually stumbled across that a few hours ago. It doesn't list the beer I was interested in, but I called MSC this morning to be sure about Covid testing and she also confirmed the brands I was curious about are included in the Easy Plus. Unfortunately Johnny Black has been dropped from the middle package. Thanks again for the info.

Usually here in Germany, there is the Cruise + All Inclusive offer, where EASY package costs exactly 20€ per day.

For a 17 night cruise it would be at 340€ for Easy and the Plus Upgrade 17 * 12,5 = 215€ = 555€ for everything. So 32,5€ per night for Easy Plus and not 52€ which is a huge markup. 

So for me 860€ on the US or Canadian market is clearly a little bit overpriced. 

I mean you even book it in advance and not on the cruiseship.

For example 7 night cruise, price difference of Special and Special All in are 140€ per person^^

B.JPG

Edited by Aeroplex

8 hours ago, Acrobatu2 said:

What?!?  no frozen drinks for Mediterranean cruises? I hope is a mistake, my favorite cocktail is the frozen Toblerone

I've never had it but is sure sounds good! And for my cruise, the frozen cocktails are not included in the cheapest package. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Geeynots said:

I've never had it but is sure sounds good! And for my cruise, the frozen cocktails are not included in the cheapest package. 

Unfortunately, it seems that the frozen drinks are not available altogether for Mediterranean cruises , despite having the easy plus packages, or even for the premier package.

Hmmmm, MSC lists it on their menus, but they could be for any cruise. They are listed on the drinks package, though. It just wasn't included in the cheapest Easy package.

Edited by Geeynots
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 9:16 AM, Aeroplex said:

If you say you want to enjoy the bottle in the cabin/balcony ^^, it will be given to you sealed. It should also be possible to take beer off-board.

Please note that if you are found taking beer off-board  you may be denied the use of the package you paid for for the balance of the cruise...( as it is not intended for such use.)  (On ship consumption).  Also, the bartenders are technically supposed to open the can/bottle at the bar to prevent such occurrences.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Acrobatu2 said:

Unfortunately, it seems that the frozen drinks are not available altogether for Mediterranean cruises , despite having the easy plus packages, or even for the premier package.

Just got off Grandiosa and frozen drinks were included in the Easy Plus, at least the BBC, Miami Vice etc., up to 9 euro.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2022 at 7:35 PM, Wor1dTrave11er said:

Just got off Grandiosa and frozen drinks were included in the Easy Plus, at least the BBC, Miami Vice etc., up to 9 euro.

Just got off Seaview and Grandiosa in the Mediterranean and all frozen drinks are included in the Easy Plus package (all frozen cocktails are €8, not 9).

The best Frozen cocktails were BBC and Rock Lobster.

You can also request the bartender to reduce the amount of juice and increase the amount of alcohol in the Frozen cocktail (no charge). If required, you can even have it without ice.

The most popular drinks ordered were beer in the morning and Tequila sunrise, BBC, Ultimate Pina Coladaa & Classic margarita at night.

The premium cocktails €9--13 are not included in the Easy Plus package.

Edited by drsel
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, drsel said:

Just got off Seaview and Grandiosa in the Mediterranean and all frozen drinks are included in the Easy Plus package (all frozen cocktails are €8, not 9).

The best Frozen cocktails were BBC and Rock Lobster.

You can also request the bartender to reduce the amount of juice and increase the amount of alcohol in the Frozen cocktail (no charge). If required, you can even have it without ice.

The most popular drinks ordered were beer in the morning and Tequila sunrise, BBC, Ultimate Pina Coladaa & Classic margarita at night.

The premium cocktails €9--13 are not included in the Easy Plus package.

Thanks so much for that. I’ll be sure to try those drinks. We’re many beer excluded from the plus package? Seems like a number may be. 

9 minutes ago, Geeynots said:

Thanks so much for that. I’ll be sure to try those drinks. We’re many beer excluded from the plus package? Seems like a number may be. 

We had bottled Heineken, Budweiser and Desperados (beer with a dash of tequila).

But post 236 has all the details.

The bottled beer is better than the draft beer.

Surprisingly most people did not realize this and were happy to accept draft beer in a glass

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1

Of the Frozen cocktails, first try ultimate pina colada and then BBC, (which is a better version of ultimate pina colada)

You should also try Rock Lobster and the combination of pina colada and strawberry daiquiri.

But I didn't like the Frozen cocktail with mango rum

Edited by drsel
  • Like 1