NEW MSC Drink Packages (2021 onwards)

Maikell

12 minutes ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I just did. It does NOT mention the 15% gratuity anywhere

Mine is the free "Easy" package bundled in the cruise fare for an October Mediterranean  sailing.

Yours must a Winter ''Easy Plus'' package in the Caribbean, so the terms may be different.

The last 2 lines in my terms are missing in yours. Also my terms are not in ALL CAPS.

I copied & pasted the terms in post 103, after spacing them out for easy reading.

You are lucky if there are no service charges.

For me, its okay to pay them.

Service charges may help prevent wastage.

Edited by drsel

On 6/21/2021 at 10:53 PM, Itchy&Scratchy said:

I just did. It does NOT mention the 15% gratuity anywhere.

I took a screenshot as proof. Please tap on the screenshot to make the text clear.

Please see the last line which mentions 15% service charge will be automatically added to your bill

Screenshot_20210625-231922.jpg

Edited by drsel

24 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Exactly!   They do not add 15% service charge when a drinks package is included (or purchased prior to departure).

This 15% service charge is already in my cruise details. I got Easy included in my cruise fare.

Not buying it onboard.

This is a photo of my own personal Cruise details with proof of 15% service charge.

Maybe a new policy.

Edited by drsel

I also said “included”.  MSC often include references that don’t apply specifically to your booking - they’re notorious for it.  Why not just come back after your cruise and let us know if you were charged 15% service charge on each drink.  It’ll be a first!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

They talk about packages... See starting at Terms and Conditions....if you buy an upgrade on board, you pay the 15%

But Itchy & Scratchy had the last 2 lines (of my terms and conditions) missing in his Cruise details.

D

18 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Maybe it only applies to you 🤪

Exactly my point!

He clearly has NO 15% service charge mentioned, whereas I clearly do!!

This is clearly discrimination!!!

Could it be because mine is a Mediterranean Cruise in fall, while his is a Caribbean cruise in summer and different terms apply for different regions and seasons?

Edited by drsel

Could be for any number of reasons but MSC does not charge 15% for individual drinks when you have a package, regardless of the region in which the ship is sailing or whether it’s been included as a promotion or pre-purchased.   There is NO scenario where you are only charged 15% service charge to your account on an MSC ship. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/26/2021 at 1:04 AM, Beamafar said:

Maybe it only applies to you 🤪

You are close--15% service charge is mentioned only in THAT particular booking of Oct 2021. (maybe a software glitch)

A 2022 booking with Easy Plus included in the cruise fare does not have any service charge

Edited by drsel

Just now, zekekelso said:

Ignoring the great gratuity question for a minute.... If a package covers wine up to 9€ per glass, what happens if someone wants to try a 12€ wine; do they get charged the full 12€ or just the €3 difference?

They get charged the full price  - plus 15% service charge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Ignoring the great gratuity question for a minute.... If a package covers wine up to 9€ per glass, what happens if someone wants to try a 12€ wine; do they get charged the full 12€ or just the €3 difference?

€13.80 will be charged.

Easy plus includes drinks upto €8 or $9.

Easy includes drinks upto $6

Easy Plus with unlimited Wi-Fi for two devices is included for an extra 150 dollars on a 12 night cruise and 99 dollars for a 7 night Cruise in 2022.(select sailings).

This cost will reduce further, due to the  discount on the basic fare, given by the travel agents

Edited by drsel

On 5/4/2021 at 10:24 AM, Até said:

Is this true? This is the only place I have been able to find this on the internet, we will be Aurea guests  on the Nov. 28th Meraviglia cruise and would love to look foward to a little more than the basic Easy drink package.

I've seen Aurea will be getting Easy Plus once the ships switch to the new packages.  Canadian FAQ:

What drink package is included in the Aurea Experience?

The Easy Plus Package will be included for all cruises booked with the Aurea Experience.

https://www.msccruises.ca/on-board/dining-and-drinks/drinks-packages

28 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

@SteelCruisinThanks for that.  Have an Aurea booking when the new drinks packages will be in force.   Really happy to see that EasyPlus will be the included package. 

I’d say we can safely assume that the PremX will be included for YC.  Hopefully will find out next March.  😜

1 hour ago, SteelCruisin said:

Is this true? This is the only place I have been able to find this on the internet, we will be Aurea guests  on the Nov. 28th Meraviglia cruise and would love to look foward to a little more than the basic Easy drink package.

So far I've only seen the Canadian site mention this, the US and other websites still make no mention of Easy Plus for Aurea.

6 hours ago, deliver42 said:

When you have the easy, 15% is added to every drink, even though you don't pay for the drink if it's in your package.

Are you sure? Where did you get this information?

15 hours ago, deliver42 said:

When you have the easy, 15% is added to every drink, even though you don't pay for the drink if it's in your package.

The only package that did this was the short-lived Drinks On Us package.  As far as I know all other packages have never had a per drink gratuity added, unless you exceeded the package limit and pay full price for a drink.  If you purchase a drink package on-board you will be charged a 15% gratuity on the value of the package but not on individual drinks.

• Like 3

Exactly! This has been confirmed by other experienced MSc Cruisers also.

But maybe in the case of deliver 42, MSc delivered him a booking confirmation mentioning the Easy package with 15% service charge per drink, just like mine!

Edited by drsel

Does anyone know if drinks are included in speciality restaurants if you are on the premium package?

Just booked speciality dining and it says "valid for food only", which I thought was an odd T&C.

3 hours ago, navyjas said:

Does anyone know if drinks are included in speciality restaurants if you are on the premium package?

Just booked speciality dining and it says "valid for food only", which I thought was an odd T&C.

With the Premium package, drinks can be consumed in all bars (except the Starship Club on MSC Virtuosa), buffet and the main dining room as well as speciality restaurants. This is an important difference from the Easy package, which doesn’t allow you to order drinks in speciality restaurants.

If you plan to dine in a few speciality restaurants during our cruise, this deal is probably a better choice than the Easy drinks package.