NEW MSC Drink Packages (2021 onwards)

Maikell

35 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

No extra cost....

Not any more.

Now MSC will add 15% service charge to your final bill,  for each & every ''free'' drink in your  Easy & Easy Plus drink packages, when they are bundled into your cruise fare (and not charged separately).

The bundled cruise fare for select Med sailings is only $100 more (for a 7 night cruise) & includes Easy or Easy Plus & unlimited WiFi for 2

See info I found below--

"Savour the freedom to satisfy your thirst at any moment with a dedicated selection of house wines by the glass, draught beer, a selection of classic cocktails, mixed drinks and non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass, bottled mineral water and classic hot drink (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea).

The Easy Package covers all the above served in our bars, buffet and main restaurant. Whats more, it also includes Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations, but does not cover the specialty restaurants and signature venues, including Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato and Starship Club.

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

Beverage packages are not transferrable and may not be shared with other guests, being valid for one beverage only per each order. Violation of these terms may result in cancellation of a guests package without eligibility for a refund or credit of any kind.

Packages are sold on a per cruise basis and not a per day or any other basis.

Pricing applies to each day of the cruise, except for disembarkation day.

Once activated on board, packages cannot be terminated or refunded.

Packages must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, travelling together and wishing to dine at the same table. This includes minors, for who the Minors Package must be booked. Packages are not obligatory for infants under three years of age.

The following exclusions apply: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and signature venues, including Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shops, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, regardless of beverage price, room service and promotions.

Must be of legal age to consume alcohol - see our terms of our guest alcohol policy.

Other conditions & terms may apply.

Beverages and liquors may be substituted based on availability and itinerary.

Guests under legal drinking age respective of the country are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol.

15% Service charge will be automatically added to your bill."

Edited by drsel

1 hour ago, drsel said:

Not any more.

Now MSC will add 15% service charge to your final bill,  for each & every ''free'' drink in your  Easy & Easy Plus drink packages, when they are bundled into your cruise fare (and not charged separately).

The bundled cruise fare for select Med sailings is only $100 more (for a 7 night cruise) & includes Easy or Easy Plus & unlimited WiFi for 2

See info I found below--

"Savour the freedom to satisfy your thirst at any moment with a dedicated selection of house wines by the glass, draught beer, a selection of classic cocktails, mixed drinks and non-alcoholic cocktails, soft drinks and fruit juices by the glass, bottled mineral water and classic hot drink (espresso, cappuccino, caffe latte, hot tea).

The Easy Package covers all the above served in our bars, buffet and main restaurant. Whats more, it also includes Ocean Cay and other exclusive destinations, but does not cover the specialty restaurants and signature venues, including Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shop, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato and Starship Club.

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

Beverage packages are not transferrable and may not be shared with other guests, being valid for one beverage only per each order. Violation of these terms may result in cancellation of a guests package without eligibility for a refund or credit of any kind.

Packages must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, travelling together and wishing to dine at the same table. This includes minors, for who the Minors Package must be booked. Packages are not obligatory for infants under three years of age.

The following exclusions apply: tobacco, souvenir glasses, ice cream menu, retail items, minibar and signature venues, including Venchi 1878 establishments, Lavazza Coffee Shops, Jean Philippe Chocolate, Coffee, Crepes & Gelato, regardless of beverage price, room service and promotions.

Must be of legal age to consume alcohol - see our terms of our guest alcohol policy.

Guests under legal drinking age respective of the country are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol.

I think that was also written on the old packages, if you bought them onboard they added 15% on the cost of the package as service charge, no to each bill. Or depending how you look at it, at the end of the day, that's the only bill you get, they don't bill you on free drinks 😛

It's the same in NCL, they charge(20% I think) on the nominal cost of the package, not on each drink. The difference is that NCL charge the service even if they give you the package "for free", at least on some countries.

3 hours ago, drsel said:

Not any more.

See info I found below--

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

I'll pay $1.50 for a mixed drink any day.

4 hours ago, drsel said:

Not any more.

See info I found below--

TERMS & CONDITIONS:

Where did you find this information?  I do not see it on my booking with the All In Package from the USA website.  The only reference to a 15% charge I've seen is if the package was purchased on board, not with those included in the cruise fare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Where did you find this information?  I do not see it on my booking with the All In Package from the USA website.  The only reference to a 15% charge I've seen is if the package was purchased on board, not with those included in the cruise fare.

When you log in to the MSC website and click on "cruise details", this Easy or Easy plus package information is mentioned along with your onboard credit and Bella, Fantastica or Aurea experience.

6 hours ago, elbarney said:

I think that was also written on the old packages, if you bought them onboard they added 15% on the cost of the package as service charge, no to each bill. Or depending how you look at it, at the end of the day, that's the only bill you get, they don't bill you on free drinks 😛

It's the same in NCL, they charge(20% I think) on the nominal cost of the package, not on each drink. The difference is that NCL charge the service even if they give you the package "for free", at least on some countries.

Check your "Cruise details" when you log into your booking on the MSC website

Edited by drsel

The new packages’ prices, when the onboard currency is Euros, are

Easy - €32

Easy Plus - €44

Premium Extra - €62

That’s some jump in prices over the last couple of years - especially with the reduced coverage.

ETA  Plus 15% if purchasing onboard. 

Edited by Beamafar

39 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Easy - €32

Easy Plus - €44

Premium Extra - €62

That’s some jump in prices over the last couple of years - especially with the reduced coverage.

Every time they replace the head of the Drinks department with someone from another cruise line the prices increase! A common theme over the last 5 years or so.

• Like 1

The reduction in coverage hides the real increase.  It’s frustrating not knowing what exactly will be included when booking before the new menus come out and they get shared here. Have to say we were spoiled with Prem+.  It was good while it lasted. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drsel said:

When you log in to the MSC website and click on "cruise details", this Easy or Easy plus package information is mentioned along with your onboard credit and Bella, Fantastica or Aurea experience.

I have Easy Plus from the All In promotion on a Winter sailing. No mention of the 15 percent in the detailed description of the package.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

I have Easy Plus from the All In promotion on a Winter sailing. No mention of the 15 percent in the detailed description of the package.

I have the easy package from the All in promotion on an October Cruise.

Login to your account on the MSC US website.

click on cruise details for your upcoming Cruise which includes the easy or easy plus package.

Here you will see Bella or Fantastica or Aurea experience and your onboard credit and easy plus package.

Under easy plus package, the very last line states

Only it is not in bold, but in fine print at the end of a compact dense paragraph (with no spaces or line gaps), in order to escape detection.

Edited by drsel

7 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Easy - €32

Easy Plus - €44

Premium Extra - €62

You don't need to pay these prices.

just choose the All in promo which is going on for many Cruises right now.

It costs between $100 to $260 dollars more (per person) for 7 to 11 night Med Cruises.

I didn't check Caribbean Cruises

21 minutes ago, drsel said:

You don't need to pay these prices.

just choose the All in promo which is going on for many Cruises right now.

It costs between $100 to $260 dollars more (per person) for 7 to 11 night Med Cruises.

I didn't check Caribbean Cruises

You seem to assume that every Country has the same offers as the U.S.A and have the same pricing structure.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, drsel said:

I have the easy package from the All in promotion on an October Cruise.

Login to your account on the MSC US website.

click on cruise details for your upcoming Cruise which includes the easy or easy plus package.

Here you will see Bella or Fantastica or Aurea experience and your onboard credit and easy plus package.

Under easy plus package, the very last line states

Only it is not in bold, but in fine print at the end of a compact dense paragraph (with no spaces or line gaps), in order to escape detection.

You are on a Fall sailing, not a Winter sailing.  Mine is Caribbean. I have Easy Plus in Winter, which is different.  No such verbiage exists in my cruise details.  It's long, so I didn't want to paste it here.  But here goes since  you're assuming Fall and winter packages are the same.

EASY PLUS PACKAGE     included

ALL BEVERAGES PRICED UP TO S9! CHEERS TO BOTTOMLESS BEVERAGES ALL DAY LONG! THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE INCLUDES YOUR FAVOURITE FROZEN AND CLASSIC COCKTAILS, WELL SPIRITS, LIQUORS AND CORDIALS. THEN THERES YOUR CHOICE OF A SELECTION OF WINE BY THE GLASS, A 10% DISCOUNT ON BOTTLED WINES PURCHASED ONBOARD AND A WIDE VARIETY OF DRAFT AND BOTTLED BEERS, NON-ALCOHOLIC COCKTAILS, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER, COFFEE DRINKS (LATTE, ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO, ETC.), HOT CHOCOLATE AND HOT TEAS. THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE COVERS ALL THE ABOVE SERVED AT OUR BARS, BUFFET, MAIN RESTAURANT AND SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS. WHATS MORE, IT ALSO INCLUDES OCEAN CAY AND OTHER EXCLUSIVE DESTINATIONS, BUT DOES NOT COVER THE SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOP, JEAN-PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO. TERMS & CONDITIONS: BEVERAGE PACKAGES ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND MAY NOT BE SHARED WITH OTHER GUESTS, BEING VALID FOR ONE BEVERAGE ONLY PER EACH ORDER. VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF A GUEST'S PACKAGE WITHOUT ELIGIBILITY FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT OF ANY KIND. PACKAGES ARE SOLD ON A PER CRUISE BASIS AND NOT A PER DAY OR ANY OTHER BASIS. PRICING APPLIES TO EACH DAY OF THE CRUISE, EXCEPT FOR DISEMBARKATION DAY. ONCE ACTIVATED ON BOARD, PACKAGES CANNOT BE TERMINATED OR REFUNDED. PACKAGES MUST BE BOOKED BY ALL GUESTS OCCUPYING THE SAME STATEROOM, TRAVELLING TOGETHER AND WISHING TO DINE AT THE SAME TABLE. THIS INCLUDES MINORS, FOR WHOM THE MINORS PACKAGE MUST BE BOOKED. PACKAGES ARE NOT OBLIGATORY FOR INFANTS UNDER THREE YEARS OF AGE. THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS APPLY: TOBACCO, SOUVENIR GLASSES, ICE CREAM MENU, RETAIL ITEMS, MINIBAR AND SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOPS, JEAN PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO, REGARDLESS OF BEVERAGE PRICE, ROOM SERVICE AND PROMOTIONS. MUST BE OF LEGAL AGE TO CONSUME ALCOHOL - SEE OUR TERMS OF OUR GUEST ALCOHOL POLICY. OTHER CONDITIONS & TERMS MAY APPLY. BEVERAGES AND LIQUORS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED BASED ON AVAILABILITY AND ITINERARY.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidari said:

You seem to assume that every Country has the same offers as the U.S.A and have the same pricing structure.

MSC US website has the lowest pricing structure, and possibly the best offers also!

Edited by drsel

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

You are on a Fall sailing, not a Winter sailing.  Mine is Caribbean. I have Easy Plus in Winter, which is different.  No such verbage exists in my cruise details

You are correct, it's not there for you.

My terms and conditions are copied and pasted in post 103

It's almost the same except for the extra last two lines in my terms and conditions.--

"Guests under legal drinking age respective of the country are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol.

Edited by drsel

32 minutes ago, drsel said:

You are correct, it's not there for you.

My terms and conditions are copied and pasted in post 103

It's almost the same except for the extra last two lines in my terms and conditions.--

"Guests under legal drinking age respective of the country are not permitted to purchase or consume alcohol.

I wish it wasn't in all CAPS.  It's so hard to read.  Better yet, it only added $90 for the Easy Plus and Unlimited Wifi for a 7 night cruise.  

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Hopefully it's not an oversight.  I wish it wasn't in all CAPS.  It's so hard to read.  Better yet, it only added $90 for the Easy Plus and Unlimited Wifi for a 7 night cruise

My terms are not in CAPS.

But since the Easy package is bundled with the cruise fare & does not have a specific price,

I assume that 15% service charge will be added to each and every drink and show up in the final bill.

This makes sense, because it only added $100 for the Easy package and Unlimited Wifi for a 7 night cruise, and is a very good offer!

Edited by drsel

3 hours ago, little britain said:

Just checked: mine says the same for April! 

That's my plan as well for our YC sailing in October. The way they've worded it, it seems that "anything" would be available, and there would be no need to purchase the Premium Plus or whatever the top tier package is.

2 minutes ago, jules815 said:

That's my plan as well for our YC sailing in October. The way they've worded it, it seems that "anything" would be available, and there would be no need to purchase the Premium Plus or whatever the top tier package is.

You can be the first one into battle for the rest of us - LOL!  Please let us know how you get on. 

The current drink packages will still be in play in October;  YC gets the equivalent of Premium going on past experiences.   We had to upgrade to Prem+ for the higher end drinks (including those with prices on the YC drinks’ menus). 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 10:24 PM, drsel said:

I just did. It does NOT mention the 15% gratuity anywhere.

• EASY PLUS PACKAGE included
    • name 1
    • name 2
    ALL BEVERAGES PRICED UP TO S9! CHEERS TO BOTTOMLESS BEVERAGES ALL DAY LONG! THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE INCLUDES YOUR FAVOURITE FROZEN AND CLASSIC COCKTAILS, WELL SPIRITS, LIQUORS AND CORDIALS. THEN THERES YOUR CHOICE OF A SELECTION OF WINE BY THE GLASS, A 10% DISCOUNT ON BOTTLED WINES PURCHASED ONBOARD AND A WIDE VARIETY OF DRAFT AND BOTTLED BEERS, NON-ALCOHOLIC COCKTAILS, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER, COFFEE DRINKS (LATTE, ESPRESSO, CAPPUCCINO, ETC.), HOT CHOCOLATE AND HOT TEAS. THE EASY PLUS PACKAGE COVERS ALL THE ABOVE SERVED AT OUR BARS, BUFFET, MAIN RESTAURANT AND SPECIALTY RESTAURANTS. WHATS MORE, IT ALSO INCLUDES OCEAN CAY AND OTHER EXCLUSIVE DESTINATIONS, BUT DOES NOT COVER THE SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOP, JEAN-PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO. TERMS & CONDITIONS: BEVERAGE PACKAGES ARE NOT TRANSFERRABLE AND MAY NOT BE SHARED WITH OTHER GUESTS, BEING VALID FOR ONE BEVERAGE ONLY PER EACH ORDER. VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS MAY RESULT IN CANCELLATION OF A GUEST'S PACKAGE WITHOUT ELIGIBILITY FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT OF ANY KIND. PACKAGES ARE SOLD ON A PER CRUISE BASIS AND NOT A PER DAY OR ANY OTHER BASIS. PRICING APPLIES TO EACH DAY OF THE CRUISE, EXCEPT FOR DISEMBARKATION DAY. ONCE ACTIVATED ON BOARD, PACKAGES CANNOT BE TERMINATED OR REFUNDED. PACKAGES MUST BE BOOKED BY ALL GUESTS OCCUPYING THE SAME STATEROOM, TRAVELLING TOGETHER AND WISHING TO DINE AT THE SAME TABLE. THIS INCLUDES MINORS, FOR WHOM THE MINORS PACKAGE MUST BE BOOKED. PACKAGES ARE NOT OBLIGATORY FOR INFANTS UNDER THREE YEARS OF AGE. THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS APPLY: TOBACCO, SOUVENIR GLASSES, ICE CREAM MENU, RETAIL ITEMS, MINIBAR AND SIGNATURE VENUES, INCLUDING VENCHI 1878 ESTABLISHMENTS, LAVAZZA COFFEE SHOPS, JEAN PHILIPPE CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, CREPES & GELATO, REGARDLESS OF BEVERAGE PRICE, ROOM SERVICE AND PROMOTIONS. MUST BE OF LEGAL AGE TO CONSUME ALCOHOL - SEE OUR TERMS OF OUR GUEST ALCOHOL POLICY. OTHER CONDITIONS & TERMS MAY APPLY. BEVERAGES AND LIQUORS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED BASED ON AVAILABILITY AND ITINERARY.