Second time on Regent

fudge

Hi Everyone,

We are looking at a cruise out of Monte Carlo to Athens October 2022. Regent have an offer on, a  2 upgrade on a suite. 

The last time we sailed we were in a concierge suite which was very nice, we really enjoyed Regent having previously sailed with Silversea and Seabourn.

The deal is an upgrade from a from the G grade to the E Grade Concierge, we have a choice of decks 7, 8 or 9,  8 suits in total. From experience is there much difference in the decks or suits, we cannot make our mind up?  Is there a big difference between a veranda suite and a Concierge suit?  

So many questions sorry, any advise would be appreciated. 

IMO, it would make no difference. The Suites are all the same size in that grouping. Personally, I would avoid being under the pool or under a restaurant, near the elevators or near the laundry room. I like the lower decks.

Also look at the "Suite Guru"  section of this board forum. Or post the list of suite numbers for individual comments.

J

29 minutes ago, JMARINER said:

IMO, it would make no difference. The Suites are all the same size in that grouping. Personally, I would avoid being under the pool or under a restaurant, near the elevators or near the laundry room. I like the lower decks.

Also look at the "Suite Guru"  section of this board forum. Or post the list of suite numbers for individual comments.

J

Hallo,

Thank you for your reply, we may go for 845 or 846.

All things equal (which they never are):  A lower deck and centered suite has been our preference when Concierge.  And, no worries about being near a laundry.  "Free" Laundry service is now included for all categories.  Another result of COVID.  One less potential crowding venue.   

GOARMY!

3 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

We like the lower decks and center when we can.  However that said we really like the back of the ship when we can.

True. Except for the Navigator, or as it's affectionally called, the Navibrator. The aft vibration is legendary.

11 hours ago, JMARINER said:

Could you tell me precisely how I can access the "suite Guru" section you mention? Thanks.

42 minutes ago, fudge said:

Thank you everybody who responded, very much appreciated.

A quick update: We are now looking at a Penthouse suite, we have been offered c Penthouse, suits 1054 through 1059 678,679, or 876. Most if not all are right at the back of the ship, has anyone experienced any of these please?

8 hours ago, fudge said:

We are now looking at a Penthouse suite, we have been offered c Penthouse, suits 1054 through 1059 678,679, or 876

The aft suites on deck 10 are at risk of noise from the La Veranda restaurant directly above; those on deck 6 are at risk of noise from the Horizon Lounge directly below. (876 is not a PH)

As others have advised, see comments on individual suites available on SuiteGuru.

IMO, PH grade B or A are a better size and layout than the PHC on Voyager, although the large aft balconies of the PHC are appealing. 

So many choices 😀