What happened to my post?

smilin jack

Around the middle of April I made my first post on the Silversea board. All I did was ask a couple of questions....Can you serve yourself, or does the crew serve you at the Buffet, and do the suite TV's have a USB port....The post is gone...I hope I didn't say anything that got the post removed! We are now on the Jan. 3 cruise out of FLL, on the Spirit...our first cruise on Silversea. Cruised on Oceania, Seabourn and Regent Seven Seas a number of times...I would like to know what happened to my post...Help!

Edited by smilin jack

Hi,🙂 you had asked about the buffet on SS? It is located inside "Terrazza" and the square footage of the area itself is much smaller than what you would normally find on any Mass Market Line.  They do have crew behind the counter areas and in the past they could serve you or you could do self serve. I would think any new protocols put in place would now prohibit any self serve.  But we won't find out for sure until that first sailing in June. 

22 hours ago, smilin jack said:

Well, I am glad that I didn't do anything bad, must have been a glitch in the software. Two or three people responded to that post...thanks.

Your sail date is the same as mine in FLL...... Silver Dawn and Silver Spirit will be keeping each other company..... I'll give you a wave! 😃

As Lois has said, La Terrazza is the lunctime buffet restaurant, which you certainly served yourself. I suspect that will not be the case going forward.

TVs on the Spirit, were renewed in 2018, so they should have USBs and several HDMIs, though they may have been disabled, but suspect will be fine. You will have a few USB ports by the bed and near the TV as well...... What is it you are hoping to do?

I searched to see if I could find a ship visit I did, which included numerous photos of the rooms - including all the USB ports, but seems not to be here now. More forum gremlins maybe.

We have four other couples on this cruise with us...one has a large suite, and we are planning a party. I hope to have a slide show playing in the background of pictures of everyone over the years.

The last three cruises we have taken have been on Oceania, and they serve you at the buffet....I much prefer that in my old age!😎 

I now see the Dawn is leaving on the third also....are you going all the way around?

Edited by smilin jack

13 hours ago, smilin jack said:

I now see the Dawn is leaving on the third also....are you going all the way around?

No just to Lima. Had it booked for last November also on the moon.

PS... Yes Lois is correct.... I certainly should have said Breakfast and Lunch buffet. My bad.