Cost of princess transfers from LAX to San Pedro, CA

missbsmom

5 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

That being said, I need some updated information regarding using Princess transfers from LAX to San Pedro.  Cost is still $34.  But inquired for a friend arriving at 6 AM.  Princess agent said that they will not be at baggage claim until 11 AM.  Is this correct?

My guess is that that Princess reps will be there earlier than11 am. But I would not expect the first bus to leave until around 9:30 AM - 10 AM.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Thanks cruisers for the Opoli recommendation!  I hadn't heard of them, but I am always looking for reliable transportation that is reasonable.

Go to the West Coast departure board and you will find some recent negative reviews.

• Thanks 1

I can confirm what other posters are saying about Shuttle2LAX/Opoli/Prime Time Shuttle (all under the same company).  They are terrible and will leave you high and dry.  My ride was cancelled 7 hours before an early morning pick up.  

That being said, the Pandemic has really put a strain on drivers since Shared Rides (with unrelated passengers) are discouraged.  In addition, if you are flying into LAX, you need to get yourself over to the shared ride holding tank.  

https://www.flylax.com/lax-it

Princess Transfers is looking better and better.  

Now....can someone give me their experience on being picked up at San Pedro Cruise Terminal and driven home by someone other than family/friend?  I will be needing a ride.  Vans used to line up at across the street of the terminal. I haven't seen them there recently.  I am inexperienced with Lyft/Uber.  Can I just walk outside and flag down someone?

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I can confirm what other posters are saying about Shuttle2LAX/Opoli/Prime Time Shuttle (all under the same company).  They are terrible and will leave you high and dry.  My ride was cancelled 7 hours before an early morning pick up.  

That being said, the Pandemic has really put a strain on drivers since Shared Rides (with unrelated passengers) are discouraged.  In addition, if you are flying into LAX, you need to get yourself over to the shared ride holding tank.  

https://www.flylax.com/lax-it

Princess Transfers is looking better and better.  

Now....can someone give me their experience on being picked up at San Pedro Cruise Terminal and driven home by someone other than family/friend?  I will be needing a ride.  Vans used to line up at across the street of the terminal. I haven't seen them there recently.  I am inexperienced with Lyft/Uber.  Can I just walk outside and flag down someone?

The last time we cruised we took Uber to and from the ship.  But that was before Covid.  Uber is more expensive now as there are not as many drivers.  I understand that taxi rides ane now competitive with Uber.  Our cruise next week is only 7 days which makes parking about the same price as Uber so we will drive ourselves.

you will find plenty of cabs

4 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

X2. Do not use. Internet has hundreds of bad reviews on this shuttle company dating back to pre COVID. Some were real horror stories.

• Like 1