Carnival to change ships for Alaska cruises.

6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png
NOTICE OF SHIP CHANGE
CARNIVAL FREEDOM TO CARNIVAL MIRACLE
JULY 27 THROUGH AND INCLUDING SEPTEMBER 14, 2021

Dear Carnival Guest:

We want to provide you with an update on our 2021 Alaska program.  Our ability to operate in Alaska is based on gaining permission to sail from the U.S. and Canadian authorities and we are optimistic a solution will be found. 

In the meantime, we are making a deployment change that will allow us to operate your cruise this summer, should we receive approval.  Carnival Freedom has remained on the East Coast during the pause and will not be transiting to Seattle for the Alaska season. Our plan is to reposition Carnival Miracle, already in Long Beach, CA., to assume Carnival Freedom’s Alaska sailings, beginning July 27. 

For your convenience, your reservation is being moved to Carnival Miracle.  Our team will handle the transfer process and here’s what you need to know:
  • We will do our best to assign you a comparable stateroom.  We expect the work to be completed by May 18, 2021 at which time you will receive an email confirmation with your stateroom number. 
  • We ask for your patience because there may be a time between now and then, that neither our team nor our travel agency partners will have access to your reservation as we process this change.
  • Any onboard credits currently on your reservation, and all pre-purchased items such as Carnival Vacation Protection, gratuities, Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop items will automatically transfer with you to Carnival Miracle.
  • Once you receive your new confirmation email, if you have any questions or wish to cancel and request a full refund, please call our contact center at 1-800-764-7419, your Personal Vacation Planner or your travel advisor.  After May 31, our regular fare rules will apply to any further changes.
If you are booked on the September 14, 2021 cruise, our plan is to operate the sailing as an 8-day voyage.  Should we not receive approval to operate voyages longer than 7-days, your cruise will change to a 7-day sailing with a modified itinerary on the same departure date, returning one day earlier than previously scheduled.

We know you will love Carnival Miracle, all the great activities and entertainment, and the warm and attentive service from our team.  We are excited to get back to cruising and look forward to our terrific crew welcoming you on board! 

Sincerely,

Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

This should get interesting with the Miracle having almost 300 less cabins. We have three balcony cabins located next to each other. If the cruise does go, I hope we can all still be together.

• Like 1

Ugh!  Our cruise was July 13th.  Just got cancel notice today.  Onto try #5 for next summer for Alaska...  But, the good news is that now we are going on a 2 week Florida vacation, including Universal Orlando!!  

4 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

How I wish the Freedom would return to Galveston.  She is my favorite ship by far.

Yes, always a great crew and hot meals on Freedom from Galveston. Her and Breeze were the 2 best ships here and am glad to get breeze back, didn't like Vista as much because of the theatre and atrium.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Whoa I just read the House approved cruises to alaska without stopping in canada. 

Still has to pass senate. 

20210513_190603496.jpeg

I think it's the other way around Fire, the bill passed the Senate but now needs House approval.

• Thanks 1