Ventura recollections

sail1658

3 hours ago, Britboys said:

Gibraltar has improved itself enormously over the years - I dare say the cruise money has helped in that respect. Still my least favourite port on a Med Cruise though...

I loved getting to Gibraltar and being able to talk the language after a fortnight of foreign languages. Gibraltar doesn't seem to be a stop for most of the med cruises now.

On 5/30/2021 at 1:30 PM, July morning said:

Loving the videos

Thanks July morning and emam. Glad you're enjoying the videos. Hopefully we'll be back on board soon. That's why I'm editing and posting them to keep me occupied until then. The photos at the Top of the Rock were from an earlier cruise. You need to be early to get to the cable car and beat the queues.

59 minutes ago, sail1658 said:

Thanks July morning and emam. Glad you're enjoying the videos. Hopefully we'll be back on board soon. That's why I'm editing and posting them to keep me occupied until then. The photos at the Top of the Rock were from an earlier cruise. You need to be early to get to the cable car and beat the queues.

Brings back good memories of Gib for me too ,We have driven into Gib a few times and love 

flying in as well. The only one to elude us is sailing into Gibraltar ..One day maybe :classic_smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emam said:

I loved getting to Gibraltar and being able to talk the language after a fortnight of foreign languages. Gibraltar doesn't seem to be a stop for most of the med cruises now.

Ironically, the one I have booked for next year does call at Gib. Fortunately for me, only a half-day call 😀.

• Like 1

The next video of this cruise is now on YouTube, - a walk into Cartagena, followed by dining at Sindhu Restaurant, then a day at sea passing Gibraltar and Epicurean restaurant dining, then evening entertainment in Tamarind Club with Glenn Miller Big Band Night. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another great video. Once again you have shown us something we haven't seen, the statue of the man and the big monument. We were going to go to the naval museum the last time we were there but the plan didn't' work out.

Thanks emam,  glad you enjoyed the video.

We always enjoy Cartagena, as it's easy to walk around independently. There's also a lift to the top of the castle with beautiful gardens to walk around which we discovered on a previous cruise.. 

2 hours ago, sail1658 said:

Thanks emam,  glad you enjoyed the video.

We always enjoy Cartagena, as it's easy to walk around independently. There's also a lift to the top of the castle with beautiful gardens to walk around which we discovered on a previous cruise.. 

Yes, a lovely place and unspoilt by tourism so far. All being well, I will have my second visit there next Summer off Aurora 🤞🏻

• Like 1

I have only just caught up with the Gibraltar video, which I really enjoyed. On both of our Gib cruise stops, we have again taken service buses to have a look around the island before heading into the main shopping area.  

Your videos are a delight; you just linger long enough on your featured place or item to make you want more.  A real treat and I’m saving the Cartagena one as my reward for later today after tackling a few household tasks I’ve been putting off!

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:

Your videos are a delight

Thanks mrsgoggins, - you're just so kind.

I only started my video project for the personal benefit of not having to search out DVDs to revive my memories until we can cruise again. I'm absolutely amazed that others find them enjoyable.

I'm almost ready to post the first part of a Canberra video from 1991 sailing from Southampton with the first stop in Gibraltar.

• Like 1

The final port of this cruise, La Coruna, is now on YouTube. It includes a short walk around the city on a rainy and blustery morning, then back onboard for an early lunch in the Saffron Restaurant. Also shows sailing home across a choppy Bay of Biscay, dinner in the Epicurean Restaurant, as well as some photos around the ship.