New CDC Guidance for vaccinated travelers (CSO)

lizord

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Their policy was always to wear a mask while not working out/between machines. Uh huh - I'd say they never had much more than 50% compliance, even at its peak.

My health level is sweat when I eat, but I honestly think I might be at risk of passing out if I exercised in a mask. 

13 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Money is a great incentive. Many employers are requiring vaccinations. I read of more and more colleges requiring. I hope we get there before variants render the initial process obsolete and we need to do it all over. Hopefully any booster would just be a single shot that would be quicker to administer 

Pfizer will have a pill by year end.

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

My health level is sweat when I eat, but I honestly think I might be at risk of passing out if I exercised in a mask. 

I couldn't imagine having to exercise while wearing a mask.  I feel sorry for the kids who have to wear masks while playing.  That can't be healthy.  I've never even worn a mask outside.  The heat alone would make that miserable.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, asalligo said:

Same in Walmart and Sam's in Orlando yesterday. At Sam's they had a sign up that said please wear a mask if not vaccinated, but no one was checking anything.  

That is the problem. How would they check? No one carries their CDC vaccination card around, and if they did it would probably eventually disintegrate.

Cruise lines better come up with a solution as their is a big difference between thousands of people together for a week or more and sometimes in crowded conditions and passing someone in the aisle at Walmart for a few seconds.

8 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

That is the problem. How would they check? No one carries their CDC vaccination card around, and if they did it would probably eventually disintegrate.

Cruise lines better come up with a solution as their is a big difference between thousands of people together for a week or more and sometimes in crowded conditions and passing someone in the aisle at Walmart for a few seconds.

The cruise lines that said they are sailing out of the US on vaccinated cruises are requiring proof of vaccination.  The stores don't.  That's the difference.  

At some point, there has to be a chance to move forward and accept that we will be living with covid for a long time.  Testing before people get on the ship should be enough, in my opinion.  Someone going from testing negative to hospitalization in less than 7 days with all of the precautions and treatments now is slim to none.  This isn't April 2020 any more.  The majority of people who get covid are just fine.  If the high risk people will get vaccinations, problem solved.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

You might want to change the "no one". My wife carries both of our laminated vaccination cards all the time in her purse.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Just curious, but why does she do that?

Just in case we are asked for proof of vaccination. That is the reason you were given them in the first place. Two thin small cards. Takes up no room in her purse.

This is not just about mask and mask less. A small amount of the population may be vindictive. They pass along illnesses to others. They will do it with flus and other forms of viruses. They will do it with this if it takes on another. There are employees of places that will do it and have done it as well as the citizen for whatever reason. This does no one on any side of the issue any good.

4 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Just in case we are asked for proof of vaccination. That is the reason you were given them in the first place. Two thin small cards. Takes up no room in her purse.

I get that but who in your local area is going to ask to see it?

By the way and I have no idea whether they are including ALL population or just adults....

my County has 33.7% FULLY vaxxed at this point.  The MOST vaxxed nearby county is about 40%.  I know Carolyn hates us throwing stats around but c’mon, if your going to quote 60% vaxxed, it only matters if it’s FULLY vaxxed and not partial.  

20 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

This is not just about mask and mask less. A small amount of the population may be vindictive. They pass along illnesses to others. They will do it with flus and other forms of viruses. They will do it with this if it takes on another. There are employees of places that will do it and have done it as well as the citizen for whatever reason. This does no one on any side of the issue any good.

If one is (fully) vaccinated, does it matter?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Again. Just incase. 

Like I said any busness in Flordia that even askes for that card will get slaped with a $5000 fine per person that is asked, so I am asking again how are the cruise lines going to tell who is vac and whi is not in Flordia, 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, florida eagle said:

WUT??????

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Like I said any busness in Flordia that even askes for that card will get slaped with a $5000 fine per person that is asked, so I am asking again how are the cruise lines going to tell who is vac and whi is not in Flordia, 

It will be interesting to see how Carnival handles this, but I suspect they will handle it just like businesses now. You cannot cruise unless vaccinated, but we are not asking for proof, just telling you that you cannot. 

image.png.0b3e2b0726e93c885f3af3384f9f9275.png

The law states that a fine of up to $5,000.00 can be administered against a business “per violation,” the Department of Health could potentially impose a penalty of up to $5,000.00 for each customer denied access to a business for failing to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

Since there is also no law for violating the rule, their only recourse right now for ignoring their rule would be debarking or banishment from Carnival. This order specifically states it applies to all entities foreign and domestic operating in Florida.  

25 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

No one here knows the answer to your question.  At this point, the cruise lines probably don't know - and by the time they start cruising again (hopefully in July), the answer could change.

26 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

I will say again. A cruise line is NOT a Florida business!!!

1 minute ago, asalligo said:

It will be interesting to see how Carnival handles this, but I suspect they will handle it just like businesses now. You cannot cruise unless vaccinated, but we are not asking for proof, just telling you that you cannot. 

image.png.0b3e2b0726e93c885f3af3384f9f9275.png

The law states that a fine of up to $5,000.00 can be administered against a business “per violation,” the Department of Health could potentially impose a penalty of up to $5,000.00 for each customer denied access to a business for failing to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.

Since there is also no law for violating the rule, their only recourse right now for ignoring their rule would be debarking or banishment from Carnival. This order specifically states it applies to all entities foreign and domestic operating in Florida.  

None of this has anything to do with the cruise lines. None are Florida businesses.

I will say again. A cruise line is NOT a Florida business!!!

The law dictates that it is impermissible for any business operating in Florida to require patrons or customers to provide documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery “to gain access to, entry upon, or services from” the business. Under the law, a business is defined as including any form of corporation, partnership, association, cooperative, joint venture, business trust, or sole proprietorship operating in Florida and applies to both domestic and foreign businesses. The law’s definition of business entity also includes charitable organizations and non-profit corporations. It sets forth potentially steep penalties for businesses that are not in compliance with this new law, including a fine of up to $5,000.00 “per violation” imposed by the Florida Department of Health.  The law also directs the Department of Health to adopt rules to enforce this penalty and to otherwise ensure compliance.

3 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

I swear, some people won't be satisfied until

....people are honest with their stats.  Hope that helps as I’m ready to sail but you won’t with 1 jab.  I’m also ready to take off this mask but my gov’t job doesn’t recognize your 1 dose number as “herd immunity”.

2 minutes ago, asalligo said:

The law dictates that it is impermissible for any business operating in Florida to require patrons or customers to provide documentation certifying COVID-19 vaccination or post-infection recovery “to gain access to, entry upon, or services from” the business. Under the law, a business is defined as including any form of corporation, partnership, association, cooperative, joint venture, business trust, or sole proprietorship operating in Florida and applies to both domestic and foreign businesses. The law’s definition of business entity also includes charitable organizations and non-profit corporations. It sets forth potentially steep penalties for businesses that are not in compliance with this new law, including a fine of up to $5,000.00 “per violation” imposed by the Florida Department of Health.  The law also directs the Department of Health to adopt rules to enforce this penalty and to otherwise ensure compliance.

I give up. Not going to say any more. You just make whatever you want of it.

None of this has anything to do with the cruise lines. None are Florida businesses.

Just now, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Carnival also has no history of pushing back, they will do their best to walk the line between the CDC and the State Of Florida. If the CDC says, yes, you must specifically require proof and store that proof, then maybe, but as long as their rule just says 95% vaccinated. That leave a lot of room for wiggle. 

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Florida-gov-won-t-make-a-vaccine-passport-exception-for-cruises

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

You cannot seriously think that the Duffy who has appeared in person with Desantis dozens of times in joint ventures will go directly against his order openly.