why are NCLs cabin pics so small in number and size?

luckyinpa

im sooooo tired of virus questions. so here's something better to chat about: 

I figured in the last year maybe something would change but it hasnt. I just looked up the most expensive room on Prima and it's 27K for the week. Theres one pic of the bed and one pic of the living room and one of the floor plan. I love looking at the floor plans of the cabins but even on my 17 inch laptop they arent that big.  It's crazy! Why arent the pics 'clickable' to make them bigger? I do know i can blow my browser size up. but im not an IT person so im' wondering how hard it is to make pics bigger on a website when you design it. or is it a lot more money to take more pics and post them?

Also even if you are super rich. dont you want to see what your 27K buys you? i realize there are youtube vids of most cabin types but how difficult is it to maybe take 5 to 10 pics of every cabin type on each ship or even the virtual video tours?  it literally is their job to make us fall in love with the cabins.  i also checked out bliss DOS and there are just 3 cabin pics.

I've never been on royal but i see they are doing virtual tours on some of their cabins. princess does floor plans and the same 1 or 2 pics that NCL does.  unsure what the others do. but i think NCL would want as many pretty pics as possible of their cabins available on their site. Are there any marketing experts on this forum that can explain the marketing plan to only give 2 tiny pics of a cabin and how that is the absolute best way to reel people in to book? 

• Like 1

I agree! This drives me crazy! It costs them next to nothing to do lots of photos and a large detailed floor plan. This is one of the reasons I was turned off by Princess’ website because it’s like one stock photo for all the suites so I have no idea what I am getting. 

Even the descriptions are super poor.  Why can’t they be very clear and list the number of beds, number of bathrooms, number of showers/bathtubs, etc?

10 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

Maybe because at this point they’re just digital renderings and not actual photos? 

This isn’t just an issue with Prima. It’s a common occurrence on NCL’s website for their other ships, and same issue with all other cruise lines too. 

The reason why CDP is a business.  Things change, the lines don't want to spend time or money.  Refurbs happen.  Even within a category many different variants.

Dawn and Star DOS still have rendering from 2010 that does not match either of the two real versions.

I'd agree about new ship but Haven sold out on TA in 36 hours.  Those in the know that NCL usually improves a category so if you are familiar with a cabin type there is low risk of disappointment.

I do agree about the Prima. I know they are just digital renderings but the the floor plan layouts were so small it was hard to see where closets or bathrooms were. I was having to take screen shots and then zoom in. For 10k, 20k+, the pics could be a little better.