Kind of a surprise. Request for shareholder OBC credited in a couple of hours without argument...

Stockjock

I have Royal Caribbean stock and 2 upcoming Celebrity sailings.  Sent them a statement today and requested they add the appropriate OBC.  In the past, I've had to argue with them about it.

This time, it was credited to both sailings within 2-3 hours and now shows online, available for pre-cruise purchases.  One of the bookings is a heavily discounted group rate.  I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to fight for it, as it was sometimes denied in the past.

Since I'm with a major Wall Street firm, I think I should provide a disclaimer:
The preceding is not a recommendation for or against RCL or any other stock/securities, nor is it an offer to buy or sell securities or a solicitation.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found the best way is to email them with all the info and attach a copy of the broker statement.  They respond very quickly, even for cruises booked a year or more in advance.  I remember in the past you had to wait 60-90 days prior to the cruise to email them a current statement, but not the case recently.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

I found the best way is to email them with all the info and attach a copy of the broker statement.  They respond very quickly, even for cruises booked a year or more in advance.  I remember in the past you had to wait 60-90 days prior to the cruise to email them a current statement, but not the case recently.

That's exactly what I did.  Super fast reply.  One cruise is about 6 months out and the other is just over a year away.

I submitted a request through the site and didn’t hear back. However, the $100 credit is on my account and already spent on an excursion! It’s nice to have it back. 

Dale

1 hour ago, jwlane said:

Interesting.  I submitted a request through their online portal and have yet to see anything.  Looks like it's time for Plan B.

If it's not credited shortly, maybe try the request via e-mail, which is what I did.

They recently haven't been responding especially if you use a TA.   Other times you may get a new invoice.   The easiest way to check is to monitor your Cruise Planner and see if it shows in the available OBC there.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

They recently haven't been responding especially if you use a TA.   Other times you may get a new invoice.   The easiest way to check is to monitor your Cruise Planner and see if it shows in the available OBC there.

They told me that it might not show up until a day or so after I was on board, but it showed up in my cruise planner immediately.

Edited by Stockjock

On 5/13/2021 at 8:06 PM, Stockjock said:

I have Royal Caribbean stock and 2 upcoming Celebrity sailings.  Sent them a statement today and requested they add the appropriate OBC.  In the past, I've had to argue with them about it.

This time, it was credited to both sailings within 2-3 hours and now shows online, available for pre-cruise purchases.  One of the bookings is a heavily discounted group rate.  I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't have to fight for it, as it was sometimes denied in the past.

Since I'm with a major Wall Street firm, I think I should provide a disclaimer:
The preceding is not a recommendation for or against RCL or any other stock/securities, nor is it an offer to buy or sell securities or a solicitation.

Have not sailed since purchased stock.  Can I print a copy of a brokerage statement and send them just the page with my RCCL holdings when applying for OBC online?

1 hour ago, gfkcruiser said:

Have not sailed since purchased stock.  Can I print a copy of a brokerage statement and send them just the page with my RCCL holdings when applying for OBC online?

Yes.  Reference your booking number, sail date, and ship and forward it to the address below, requesting the shareholder credit.  I sent them the title page with my name on it and the page that detailed my RCCL stock.
shareholderbenefit@rccl.com

20 hours ago, gfkcruiser said:

This link will tell you everything you need to do to request the shareholder benefit.  https://www.rclinvestor.com/contact-us/faqs/shareholder-benefit/

You can also do it online at this link https://rclshareholderbenefit.questionpro.com/

It's sort of a survey to collect the required sailing info then you upload a copy of your proof of ownership.  I do as you say, just include the part of my statement with the RCL details and redact account numbers and any other information making sure to leave the account owner name and date of the statement visible as well as the RCL asset details.

The rules state you must submit ownership proof 2 - 3 weeks before sailing.  

otherwise one could buy stock, get the obc, then sell their shares.  

Still, I have one Celebrity cruise in Feb. 22, and four Royal cruises booked, a B2B in September 21 and a B2B in July 22.  

If you’re saying they’re disregarding their time limit rule, then I can submit proof of ownership now?  I’ll see what occurs…