Destination Celebration

Riocca

26 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Funnily enough Oman has come up on my Facebook memories from exactly four years ago. 😎

Phil 

Mine too, I think that one was my fourth trip, I love it so much.  My photos four years ago seemed to centre around my fixation about lines of shoes outside the Mosque in Salalah 🙂 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ECCruise said:

While you are there, please give a hearty thanks to the Omani people. 🥰

It was only by their grace that we were able to end our early pandemic Indian Ocean adventure last year when they allowed us to disembark in Muscat.  Ports had been barring our docking for days, including our original disembarkation port in Dubai. 

We've been to Oman a number of times.   It is an incredible country in many ways.

We must have been on the same cruise! The February cruise from Cape Town to Dubai? We were also supposed to be on the next cruise in the Persian Gulf. We still enjoyed the cruise even thought it was cut short.

Just now, CynthiaP said:

We must have been on the same cruise! The February cruise from Cape Town to Dubai? We were also supposed to be on the next cruise in the Persian Gulf. We still enjoyed the cruise even thought it was cut short.

That would be it.

Amazing how with all the problems we had, everything worked out in the end!

• Like 1

Someone on my roll call just pointed out that our itinerary originally included Salalah, not Muscat. On the website it still shows Salalah, but in the excursion planning site, it shows Muscat (where the onboard celebration is). I know they have the right to make changes, but is it common to do so before a cruise without notifying booked guests?

Betsey

On 5/16/2021 at 12:59 PM, CynthiaP said:

Same with us.. It was a wonderful cruise.