Destination Celebration

Riocca

8 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Also has anyone else noticed this board on CC is now called Azamara Voyages?

Yes I did.  Only just seen it when I looked at the forum page.  Is this the new name Sycamore wants to use?

Thanks for information about Destination Celebration.

Edited by Medeba
additional text

13 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Looking like the AzAmazing Evening’s are being changed to Destination Celebration on the ship, would make sense with the COVID situation. 
This is the announcement on Twitter:

1881F1D3-DCBE-4524-A217-2A94A45D2AED.thumb.jpeg.4d9269db6a1c72cc9a08a712815b051e.jpeg

These appear to be available on some of the sailings already.

Our 4 November Spain Intensive has it bookable.  2 different times, 5:15 and 8:30 on this sailing.  Night in Valencia.

1 minute ago, Mackdogmolly said:

According to the video I was sent, this will be in place through spring 2022. Really hope they will then resume Azamazing Evenings. 

I agree.  

We've had onboard experiences like this a number of times already, especially when in Africa, when groups came onboard at every port.  But I do understand the difficulty of coordinating ~600 pax off the ship, onto a dozen buses (which, with distancing would mean double that).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ECCruise said:

I agree.  

We've had onboard experiences like this a number of times already, especially when in Africa, when groups came onboard at every port.  But I do understand the difficulty of coordinating ~600 pax off the ship, onto a dozen buses (which, with distancing would mean double that).

Restrictions are easing rapidly in the US, as of yesterday. So hopefully they won’t make this a permanent change.

• Like 1

I think logistically it is a sensible move for the next year and then they can give thought to what is most appropriate beyond then

Not seen any announcements about Azamara Voyages - I wonder who made the decision to change the title on cruise critic and what prompted it

3 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Restrictions are easing rapidly in the US, as of yesterday. So hopefully they won’t make this a permanent change.

Unfortunately, with Azamara's global presence, we have to wait for the rest of the world to catch up.  And that may take quite a while, unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, uktog said:

I think logistically it is a sensible move for the next year and then they can give thought to what is most appropriate beyond then

Not seen any announcements about Azamara Voyages - I wonder who made the decision to change the title on cruise critic and what prompted it

I guess someone from Azamara/Sycamore must have notified them.  That is what happened when we went from Azamara to Azamara Club Cruises and back to Azamara again in the last few years.

10 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I guess someone from Azamara/Sycamore must have notified them.  That is what happened when we went from Azamara to Azamara Club Cruises and back to Azamara again in the last few years.

It would be a surprising name change as much was made even as recently as last month about their land plus voyage focus so to rename Voyages doesn't reflect that.  Time will tell what the rationale was

• Like 1

Interestingly the Twitter account is @Azamara but the Instagram and Facebook accounts are @Azamaravoyages.  As I've only recently signed up to Instagram, I don't know how long the Instagram name has been in use.

Edited by Medeba
additional text

16 hours ago, ECCruise said:

These appear to be available on some of the sailings already.

Our 4 November Spain Intensive has it bookable.  2 different times, 5:15 and 8:30 on this sailing.  Night in Valencia.

ECCruise, can you tell me where on the website you located this?  I don't find it for my October cruise. 

1 hour ago, SunnyNy said:

ECCruise, can you tell me where on the website you located this?  I don't find it for my October cruise. 

In the Shore excursions for the day it is scheduled. You have to choose ports that are late departure or overnight to locate. But it is possible that it hasn't been posted for your sailing yet. 

14 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

In the Shore excursions for the day it is scheduled. You have to choose ports that are late departure or overnight to locate. But it is possible that it hasn't been posted for your sailing yet. 

Thanks, I found it.  It must have been very recently added.

16 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Found ours for our Athens to Dubai sailing in November - Omani Wonders Night in Muscat.

Betsey

And I found one for our cruise which is right after yours, Betsey, (Dubai to Singapore). Ours is in Colombo - ‘An Evening of Sri Lankan Culture’

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Found ours for our Athens to Dubai sailing in November - Omani Wonders Night in Muscat.

Betsey

While you are there, please give a hearty thanks to the Omani people. 🥰

It was only by their grace that we were able to end our early pandemic Indian Ocean adventure last year when they allowed us to disembark in Muscat.  Ports had been barring our docking for days, including our original disembarkation port in Dubai. 

We've been to Oman a number of times.   It is an incredible country in many ways.

• Like 5

Another vote for Oman here, the hospitality and friendship we enjoyed in the dessert camp and villages on our overnight trip off Journey (one of their first overnight land discovery adventures) is something we will never forget.  For DH, trusting a 3 year old child to lead his camel on a walk was a challenge but something that is now such a fond memory

• Like 2

We visited the home they lived it, no computers, mobile phones, the children were happily playing a game on the ground that seemed to involve pairs and matching using stones they had collected.

They are very kind thoughtful people which is why I am sure they opened their ports to others at the start of the problems. 

A1F0311D-1EC3-4CCD-9D56-05F2B6AEAE69.jpeg

Edited by uktog
  • Like 5

53 minutes ago, uktog said:

We visited the home they lived it, no computers, mobile phones, the children were happily playing a game on the ground that seemed to involve pairs and matching using stones they had collected.

They are very kind thoughtful people which is why I am sure they opened their ports to others at the start of the problems. 

A1F0311D-1EC3-4CCD-9D56-05F2B6AEAE69.jpeg

Funnily enough Oman has come up on my Facebook memories from exactly four years ago. 😎

Phil 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1