Bliss 10700 - pole?

msrika

Has anyone been on NCL Bliss oceanview 10700? The NCL travel agent told me its 372 sq feet but looking through this forum some people posted there's a pole in the middle of the cabin? I don't want to worry about kids running into this (or myself for that matter). Also, how's the noise and forward motion? TIA

1 hour ago, msrika said:

Has anyone been on NCL Bliss oceanview 10700? The NCL travel agent told me its 372 sq feet but looking through this forum some people posted there's a pole in the middle of the cabin?

The *700 staterooms on the BA Plus ships can either have a little room separated by a curtain (like the video of Escape above) or can have a more open floorplan. 

Bliss 11700 looks like this....

2ABDEE4B-8CE5-440B-AE41-1DFC0981391F.jpe

...but Bliss 12700 looks like this...

The pole location (if there is one) can vary by deck. For example, Joy 9700 looks like this...

norwegian-joy-norwegian-ncl-154677.jpg

I haven't compiled enough data (photos/video) for all *700 staterooms across all 4 BA Plus ships so any info that anyone can provide would help. 

• Like 3

On 5/18/2021 at 6:52 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

I haven't compiled enough data (photos/video) for all *700 staterooms across all 4 BA Plus ships so any info that anyone can provide would help. 

In the past I've posted in, I think/hope, every single *700 thread to promote their value for money! :classic_biggrin:

10 hours ago, msrika said:

How is the motion at the front? Will we be terribly seasick?

Do you tend to have motion sickness? Pitching is felt more at either end of the ship. Aft-facing cabins, nevertheless, command premium fares, because of the balconies. Forward-facing cabins don't have balconies.

I leaped at a forward-facing cabin on a different cruise line, even for a Bering Sea itinerary that is likely to have very rough seas (and possibly snow!), but I'm not prone to motion sickness. I remember one NCL cruise, on the Gem, where we sailed into storms between New York and Halifax, and the next morning, every conversation I heard at breakfast was about Dramamine. Later that day, the bow pitched down so sharply that water came over deck 13.

One other consideration with a forward-facing cabin is that you must not show any light at night. Keep the blackout curtains closed, or if you want to look out, turn off the lights in your cabin.

Edited by kochleffel

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 12:52 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

The *700 staterooms on the BA Plus ships can either have a little room separated by a curtain (like the video of Escape above) or can have a more open floorplan. 

The pole location (if there is one) can vary by deck. For example, Joy 9700 looks like this...

I just booked cabin 10700 on the Joy for 1/15/22 and appreciate the pic of cabin 9700 you posted. So happy to get this special cabin for a reasonable price. I'm actually paying the exact same price as I did for the Encore 1/19/20 with all the same perks (only 2 specialty meals now), so that's a plus. I had a standard balcony on Encore but I'd much rather have the much larger stateroom as I never stay in the cabin to enjoy the balcony and my 2 girls will absolutely love the extra storage space and larger bathroom.

We don't get motion sickness so that's no big deal for us too.

• 5 months later...
On 5/17/2021 at 11:52 PM, Two Wheels Only said:

Thanks for posting a picture of the Joy 9700, my husband and I will be in that cabin in May 2022. Do you have any other pictures of that room?

31 minutes ago, j&bcruzing said:

Thanks for posting a picture of the Joy 9700, my husband and I will be in that cabin in May 2022. Do you have any other pictures of that room?

As I stated above, I will be on the Joy 1/15/22 in cabin 10700. My sister in law and her family will be directly under us in 9700. I will try my best to remember to take a couple of pictures while I'm on board. 

I'm super excited for these cabins and the Joy, in general. 

• 8 months later...
On 11/18/2021 at 12:41 PM, bkrickles1 said:

As I stated above, I will be on the Joy 1/15/22 in cabin 10700. My sister in law and her family will be directly under us in 9700. I will try my best to remember to take a couple of pictures while I'm on board. 

I'm super excited for these cabins and the Joy, in general. 

Soooooooooooooooo did you take photos? Can you post? Someone is wandering around Cruise Critic looking for photos, but can't find any of 10700. Thanks! 

Sorry for unearthing an old post y'all, but it seems appropriate to the current poster looking for information.

@WorkingForOBC - hopefully @bkrickles1 can help you out!

19 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Soooooooooooooooo did you take photos? Can you post? Someone is wandering around Cruise Critic looking for photos, but can't find any of 10700. Thanks! 

Sorry for unearthing an old post y'all, but it seems appropriate to the current poster looking for information.

@WorkingForOBC - hopefully @bkrickles1 can help you out!

Well, I never made it to this cabin.

Unfortunately, my 1/15/22 sailing was cancelled just 2 days before I was supposed to fly to Miami.

I rebooked the Joy for 6/26/22 sailing but was unable to get 10700.

We loved our sailing on 6/26 and the Joy was fantastic!

Ship was in great shape and the entertainment was outstanding.

We ended up with a Club Balcony Suite and enjoyed it. The cabin was way smaller than 10700 would have been but we did have an oversized bathroom, so that was good.

10700 is unique and I bet it's a great cabin.

2 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

Well, I never made it to this cabin.

Unfortunately, my 1/15/22 sailing was cancelled just 2 days before I was supposed to fly to Miami.

I rebooked the Joy for 6/26/22 sailing but was unable to get 10700.

We loved our sailing on 6/26 and the Joy was fantastic!

Ship was in great shape and the entertainment was outstanding.

We ended up with a Club Balcony Suite and enjoyed it. The cabin was way smaller than 10700 would have been but we did have an oversized bathroom, so that was good.

10700 is unique and I bet it's a great cabin.

Oh nooooo....I'm sorry for having brought up those memories! Glad you got on the ship in June, but sorry about the January sailing. 😞 

On 5/18/2021 at 12:52 AM, Two Wheels Only said:

We had an Ocean view stateroom on the Bliss or we would have, if the cruise wasn't canceled due to the pandemic. We were booked in 2020 on a 21 day cruise and boom the Pandemic hit. We need to book another cruise on this beautiful ship.