MSC cruise quality / experience?

Titanfan22

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

I had a similar issue with Nicholas F on one of our sailings.  Three butlers, including the head butler got involved.   The bartender was new to YC at the time.   I straightened it out later with the sommelier and didn’t have a problem afterwards.  

You probably remember that it took me a couple of days to solve it and that even the YC manager said no.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MouseBerry said:

Hi,

I thought whats included in YC areas is easy to guess. What's on the YC bar menu without price indication is included. Period.

Problem is that you never know the bar menu details until you are on the ship for sure. Now with not using printed menus, but rather use electronic ones, they could change it very dynamically.

cheers

MouseBerry

My problem was that the Nicholas Feuillatte wasn't mentioned in the menu so I couldn't see there that it was included. I asked about the pricelimit in bars outside the YC so that I could borrow a menu somewhere and show them that it was included but they didn't wanted to tell me a limit so I couldn't do that!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

My problem was that the Nicholas Feuillatte wasn't mentioned in the menu so I couldn't see there that it was included. I asked about the pricelimit in bars outside the YC so that I could borrow a menu somewhere and show them that it was included but they didn't wanted to tell me a limit so I couldn't do that!  

This.

That is exactly what makes it so difficult and causes it (sometimes) to change daily. Depending on who you talk to you'll get different answers...

1 hour ago, MarkusToe said:

The main issue here on Seaview, the NF is way above the premium limit, but included in YC package....

Price per glas on outside bars is 14.50€.....

What is the limit?

I looked at a menu in your Seaview thread and the price on that menu is 12€.

I ran into this pricing problem on my last cruise.  It was mainly in the Champagne bar and specialty restaurants where the wine was priced above the YC limit but available inside the YC for no charge.  I do see where Seaview Pool Bar has NF for €12, but I suspect other venues may have different prices.

Several times I've also run into the issue of certain wines being available in Top Sail but not in the YC restaurant or One Pool Deck.

Edited by Até

2 hours ago, Até said:

I ran into this pricing problem on my last cruise.  It was mainly in the Champagne bar and specialty restaurants where the wine was priced above the YC limit but available inside the YC for no charge.  I do see where Seaview Pool Bar has NF for €12, but I suspect other venues may have different prices.

Several times I've also run into the issue of certain wines being available in Top Sail but not in the YC restaurant or One Pool Deck.

We have had the experience as well, but not for long.  A cordial chat with management resolved the issue for the remainder of our cruises.  Having said that, on one cruise, I went down and got my DW's preferred wine.  After that, the problem never arose again.

Edited by JAGR

1 minute ago, JAGR said:

… on one cruise, I went down and got my DW's preferred wine.  After that, the problem never arose again.

Despite there being a wine list in the YC restaurant, the sommelier “chooses 2 reds and 2 whites” each evening as has been our experience.   I have a particular favourite onboard that I always have which is included in the top drinks package we always upgrade to when not in YC.  It’s included in YC. 

Early into a 28 night cruise I was refused the wine as it wasn’t “on” that night.   We were on a Fantasia-class ship which entailed walking to the aft for dinner.   We passed the wine bar every evening on the way so I began getting 2 glasses on the way.

After a couple of nights the sommelier came over and asked why we were  bringing wine to the YC.  Once I explained the problem I was never without my favourite in the restaurant for the remainder of the cruise. 

• Like 1