Website question

LynnSD

I’m taking my first Holland America cruise in October.   
I bought a couple of shore excursions, but now I can’t find that displayed anyplace on my itinerary.   What am I missing?  There must be a record of the purchase somewhere online, right?   

thanks!  

On the HAL website, go into 'Already Booked'  (right side of the page, near the top.

Select 'Manage my Bookings' 

Sign in and select 'Select a Booking Number' (if you have more than 1 cruise booked) or else click on 'Find Booking'

Click on 'Itinreary and WishList' and select 'Itinerary' .  Anything booked will be shown on the specific date.

You should be able to see booked excursions online.

From the Homepage click on the following:

Already Booked

Manage My Bookings

(Select the booking)

Itinerary & Wishlist

Itinerary

VMax1700 beat me by a few seconds!

Edited by Cruise Suzy

When you manage to get back to the shore excursions page if you download the personalized e brochure.  It will conveniently list all of your paid for excursions with the necessary details. 

Let me piggyback with another web site question:  when I log into one of my bookings on the HAL site, is there anyplace where it will show me our basic booking info, e.g., what dining times we have [or Anytime], what OBC, things like that?  I've looked high and low, but I am coming up empty.  (I realize this info is in the emailed booking confirmation from HAL, but I'm surprised not to be able to see it easily on line with my booking.)  Thanks for any tips! 

34 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Let me piggyback with another web site question:  when I log into one of my bookings on the HAL site, is there anyplace where it will show me our basic booking info, e.g., what dining times we have [or Anytime], what OBC, things like that?  I've looked high and low, but I am coming up empty.  (I realize this info is in the emailed booking confirmation from HAL, but I'm surprised not to be able to see it easily on line with my booking.)  Thanks for any tips! 

No, it’s not on the HAL site.  Only on your booking confirmation.

OBC does show IF you booked with HAL or a PCC.  If you booked with a TA it does not.  But your TA’s OBC is in their email and HAL’s is on your confirmation.

Basically the website is to book your cruise activities.  Those will all show up in “your itinerary”.

Hope this helps.

9 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

OBC will show up when you go into 'Make a Payment' on the website.  Already Booked > Manage My Booking > Login > Select Booking > Make Payment >  Onboard Credit is shown halfway down the page.

The Itinerary Link also shows is you have prepaid Hotel Charges, but, as yet, I am unable to find 'Beverage Packages' mentioned anywhere except on the Booking Confirmation.

@kazu  

Edited by VMax1700
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

OBC will show up when you go into 'Make a Payment' on the website.  Already Booked > Manage My Booking > Login > Select Booking > Make Payment >  Onboard Credit is shown halfway down the page.

The Itinerary Link also shows is you have prepaid Hotel Charges, but, as yet, I am unable to find 'Beverage Packages' mentioned anywhere except on the Booking Confirmation.

@kazu  

Thanks for elaborating on my point that OBC shows if you book with HAL and giving the steps.

Sadly if you book with a TA the “make a payment” is not available and therefore neither is the OBC.

Thanks too on the prepaid Hotel Charges showing on the itinerary.  I never noticed that before 😱 

22 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for elaborating on my point that OBC shows if you book with HAL and giving the steps.

Sadly if you book with a TA the “make a payment” is not available and therefore neither is the OBC.

Thanks too on the prepaid Hotel Charges showing on the itinerary.  I never noticed that before 😱 

It really is the most user unfriendly website.  Sometimes necessary to login twice to accomplish one small enquiry.  (the word 'accomplish' is quite tenuous in its use here 😱)

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks again @kazu and @VMax1700.  I see the OBCs now.  Does HAL allow you to use OBCs for pre-cruise purchases like shorex as some cruise lines (like Celebrity) are doing? 

No, sorry they don’t.  OBC is on board credit only so you have to wait until you are on the ship.  

41 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Does HAL allow you to use OBCs for pre-cruise purchases like shorex as some cruise lines (like Celebrity) are doing? 

Pre-COVID, you could use OBC to book excursions if you called them no more than 3 days before sailing. Could not do it via the Website. If it's an excursion you really want, don't wait that long.

1 hour ago, Cruise Suzy said:

Pre-COVID, you could use OBC to book excursions if you called them no more than 3 days before sailing. Could not do it via the Website. If it's an excursion you really want, don't wait that long.

Thanks for that info and advice.  I would never wait that long for something I'd really like to do. 😊

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks for that info and advice.  I would never wait that long for something I'd really like to do. 😊

Then my suggestion would be to book online and pay by credit card.  When you board the ship go to the Shorex desk and see if there is availability and if there is, then you could cancel your original booking and use OBC to book instead.   The cancelled Shorex should then be returned to your account and if you still have OBC at the end of the cruise, it would be refunded.    I believe that this would work for Shorex from 3rd day onward, but you would need to check out any changes to cancellation policy.   

• Thanks 1