Princess releases COVID-19 Risk Acceptance Form

HBCcruiser

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

A lot less words, but I have to sign something similar when I go to my dentist's office for treatment.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Related to the above:
Was there any mention of having to present vaccination card, or sign something to attest that you are fully immunized?

Not that I have seen and I've been looking because my husband may need to secure satisfactory documentation from the Covid vaccine trial he participated in to sail in August and I'd rather know sooner than later what that would be.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

It is all in the fine print.  Thanks for posting.  Specifically section 2, A, iii:
(iii) Bring all necessary travel documents such as passports, visas, proof of citizenship, re-entry permits, minor's permissions, medical certificates showing all necessary vaccinations, and all other documents necessary for ports of call in the countries to which You will travel.

Edited by dreams_of_travel
added vaccination section
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, dreams_of_travel said:

It is all in the fine print.  Thanks for posting.

You're welcome!  It is coming out soon.  Still this is all it says about vaccinations on page 6:

(11) on specified itineraries, vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carrier, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Not that I have seen and I've been looking because my husband may need to secure satisfactory documentation from the Covid vaccine trial he participated in to sail in August and I'd rather know sooner than later what that would be.

I would suggest get the documentation without waiting to find out if Princess will find it necessary. It cannot hurt to have it just in case you ever need it.

Remember people have said call twice and you get two different answers to your question, so I would not rely on any you do not need it advice.

• Like 3

Just now, azbirdmom said:

You're welcome!  It is coming out soon.  Still this is all it says about vaccinations on page 6:

(11) on specified itineraries, vaccination of guests with documentary proof satisfactory to Carrier, according to the criteria set forth in the COVID-19 Guest Protocols in effect at the time of sailing

I had not gotten to that page yet.  Good to know.  Good luck getting the proper documentation for your husband. 

• Like 1

Just now, ontheweb said:

I would suggest get the documentation without waiting to find out if Princess will find it necessary. It cannot hurt to have it just in case you ever need it.

Working on getting all that I can from the clinical trial.  But if Princess says they want something different it's back to the drawing board.

TAs have been invited to a webinar on June 3rd during which all of this will be discussed.  There will also be a health questionnaire that will need to be completed prior to sailing.  And us passengers will see this info soon:

"We anticipate these documents will be available in the next MedallionClass™ app release in app stores in the coming weeks. The MedallionClass app can be accessed using either a smartphone or a tablet device. The documents will also be available on princess.com, and your clients should be encouraged to review them prior to finalizing a booking."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, azbirdmom said:

TAs have been invited to a webinar on June 3rd during which all of this will be discussed.  There will also be a health questionnaire that will need to be completed prior to sailing.  And us passengers will see this info soon:

"We anticipate these documents will be available in the next MedallionClass™ app release in app stores in the coming weeks. The MedallionClass app can be accessed using either a smartphone or a tablet device. The documents will also be available on princess.com, and your clients should be encouraged to review them prior to finalizing a booking."

I was on the phone with my TA, and she mentioned the webinar, as well as the updated helath questionnaire.  Now if we could just get the Medallion app to work correctly, or even at all.  🤪

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

I was on the phone with my TA, and she mentioned the webinar, as well as the updated helath questionnaire.  Now if we could just get the Medallion app to work correctly, or even at all.  🤪

LOL I completely agree!  I can finally see my husband on all 4 of our future cruises but can't select arrival or departure groups nor can I add our friends as traveling parties.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Hi there -- thank you and hubby for being in the trial.  My husband and I were in the Pfizer trial.  I got the vaccine, he got the placebo.  So, my vaccination dates on my CDC card are BEFORE the vaccine was formally approved in the US.  To avoid issues with people assuming it is a faked cdc card, Pfizer provided me with a letter on the Clinic's letterhead stating I am in the trial and received my vaccine shots on XX dates.  The letter was signed by the Clinic director.  Our situation is a little different as Pfizer is already approved for use in the USA and I do have a CDC card.  However, I just wanted to share about getting something that notates why the dates on your CDC card [once astra zenica is approved] are earlier than the approval date.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mina said:

Hi there -- thank you and hubby for being in the trial.  My husband and I were in the Pfizer trial.  I got the vaccine, he got the placebo.  So, my vaccination dates on my CDC card are BEFORE the vaccine was formally approved in the US.  To avoid issues with people assuming it is a faked cdc card, Pfizer provided me with a letter on the Clinic's letterhead stating I am in the trial and received my vaccine shots on XX dates.  The letter was signed by the Clinic director.  Our situation is a little different as Pfizer is already approved for use in the USA and I do have a CDC card.  However, I just wanted to share about getting something that notates why the dates on your CDC card [once astra zenica is approved] are earlier than the approval date.  

His dates are from last year so getting a letter from the clinic director is a good idea.  I have also asked if the CDC and or state has information about him being vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Legal mumbo-jumbo to cover their as_es.

Many businesses here in Georgia have similar signage by their entrances.

yep ... where do I sign or where is the checkbox - read that , uh,  sure ...

• Like 1

I have the CDC card, the payment sheets from MEDICARE showing both vaccines were given plus the TEXAS Health Dept administration record of both jabs of vaccine. All info crosschecks with each other, so I dont see how it wouldnt be enough as proof of vax.

• Like 1

@azbirdmomi thought I had read somewhere in the CDC’s  Technical

Instructions, the requirements for volunteer passengers on simulated voyages a statement regarding vaccinations.  Although, as far as I know, no simulated voyages are going to take place.  I do not think the requirements will change a great deal.   Never can tell what the CDC will come up with though.

This is the statement I found:

The cruise ship operator must ensure all volunteer passengers have either:

• Proof of being fully vaccinatedagainst COVID-19 using an U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized vaccine or a vaccine product that has received emergency use listing from the World Health Organization (WHO); 

Astrazenca as we both know had been approved by the WHO for Emergency Use.

I have kept all our correspondence from the leaders of the trial indicating that we are fully vaccinated.  
Looks like you sail before us as our first is not until October.   
Fingers are still crossed.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

@azbirdmomi thought I had read somewhere in the CDC’s  Technical

Instructions, the requirements for volunteer passengers on simulated voyages a statement regarding vaccinations.  Although, as far as I know, no simulated voyages are going to take place.  I do not think the requirements will change a great deal.   Never can tell what the CDC will come up with though.

This is the statement I found:

The cruise ship operator must ensure all volunteer passengers have either:

• Proof of being fully vaccinatedagainst COVID-19 using an U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-authorized vaccine or a vaccine product that has received emergency use listing from the World Health Organization (WHO); 

Astrazenca as we both know had been approved by the WHO for Emergency Use.

I have kept all our correspondence from the leaders of the trial indicating that we are fully vaccinated.  
Looks like you sail before us as our first is not until October.   
Fingers are still crossed.

Yes, we are in the same boat (so to speak).  I had thought that the WHO authorized vaccine language was from the crew requirements section but it is good to see the update you quoted.  I did actually find this language on the CDC website.  It pertains to quarantining but I would think it would extend to sailing requirements as well - the language there seems to be changing all the time:

• Passengers who are fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized vaccine or a vaccine authorized by emergency use by the World Health Organization do not need to self-quarantine after cruise travel.

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices/covid-4/coronavirus-cruise-ship

Edited by azbirdmom
  • Like 1

Just noticed in reading the new passage contract that they raised the cost of bringing wine on board above the one bottle you are allowed from $15 to $20.  Not a big deal with the beverage package.  There is also a whole section on shore excursions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks to me like much of this was written before the CDC relaxed mask restrictions for vaccinated people. It still contains language that says masks will be required at embarkation, disembarkation on excursions and on board in public areas.

Edit: Just got to the end and yes, this is an April 2021 version of the contract. It has not been updated for the latest CDC guidance.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

Looks to me like much of this was written before the CDC relaxed mask restrictions for vaccinated people. It still contains language that says masks will be required at embarkation, disembarkation on excursions and on board in public areas.

Edit: Just got to the end and yes, this is an April 2021 version of the contract. It has not been updated for the latest CDC guidance.

Interesting, it was just shared today with TAs and referenced as the new document but clearly it is a work in progress!

Edited by azbirdmom

1 hour ago, franktown said:

Just noticed in reading the new passage contract that they raised the cost of bringing wine on board above the one bottle you are allowed from $15 to $20.  Not a big deal with the beverage package.  There is also a whole section on shore excursions.

Good catch.  There's also a paragraph about water and non alcohol beverages right underneath the wine section:

• Guests are also prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in bottles. A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day, only if carried on in Guests’ hand luggage (not in checked luggage). A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person. Guests will be asked to discard open beverages in plastic containers prior to boarding.

Not surprising after more than a year of not cruising but still it will be a surprise to some, especially folks who don't book Princess Plus!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1