Princess releases COVID-19 Risk Acceptance Form

HBCcruiser

10 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

It's not what you write, it's what you leave out. You make a statement like, and I'm paraphrasing here, 'vaccinated people can get infected and spread the virus'. You don't provide any context nor do you say how likely something like that is to happen. On its face, the statement is factually correct but it doesn't provide the reader with enough information to make an informed decision. Letting the reader know how unlikely this event is would be sufficient. So, without that, the reader may decide that if it was important enough for the statement to be made, the likelihood of that event occurring must be high enough or serious enough to decide on a course of action (like not cruising) when an alternate choice might have been made if the reader had more information.

Purposefully leaving out important information multiple times (you've done this on other threads) indicates there's an agenda behind this behavior. So, what's your agenda here? Spit it out! 😁

I have said that on other forums and do not remember if I explained it. I really do not want to do it over and over. So here it goes. Can a vaccinated person spread the covid19 virus. The answer is yes. Here is how. If they are in contact with a person that has covid19 that spreads it to a vaccinated person. The vaccinated person does not know they have it because it is not affecting that person. However, because a vaccinated person is now carrying the covid19 that person can spread it to others.

Those most at risk are those that have not had covid19 or have not received the vaccine. Those that did get covid19 and do not get a shot have antibodies to protect them and others. They however, should get at least one vaccine shot. It would be the equivalent of a person not ever having covid19 and receiving the shots. Hope that clears it up.

13 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I have said that on other forums and do not remember if I explained it. I really do not want to do it over and over. So here it goes. Can a vaccinated person spread the covid19 virus. The answer is yes. Here is how. If they are in contact with a person that has covid19 that spreads it to a vaccinated person. The vaccinated person does not know they have it because it is not affecting that person. However, because a vaccinated person is now carrying the covid19 that person can spread it to others.

Those most at risk are those that have not had covid19 or have not received the vaccine. Those that did get covid19 and do not get a shot have antibodies to protect them and others. They however, should get at least one vaccine shot. It would be the equivalent of a person not ever having covid19 and receiving the shots. Hope that clears it up.

Nope. 

While all that is factually accurate as far as I know, you still fail to mention that the likelihood of a vaccinated person spreading the virus, even if they have it, is so low that even the highly risk-adverse CDC now allows vaccinated people to go without masks almost anywhere and with anybody. After all, masks aren't to protect the wearer, they're protecting those around the mask wearer.

So here's where I'm at with all this. If you're trying to inform non-vaccinated people of their risks, that's all well and good but as more and more people get vaccinated, the risk to the non-vaccinated will continue to go down and, it's already far lower than one would infer from your statements. OTOH, if you're trying to create a 'the sky is falling' scenario by scaring people, that's no good.

Background: I recovered from COVID-19 back in November and have been fully vaccinated since April. Trifecta!

Let's be done with this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I also heard they are revamping the tier system. They need to up the number of cruises/credits for the top tier.

The revamping of tier levels on other cruise lines has resulted in many people loosing benefits they had earned because those benefits were now reserved for higher tier levels.

Those wanting higher requirements for tiers or a new higher tier level should, unless already with a very high number of qualifying days/cruises,  be prepared to no longer have some benefits they already enjoy.

3 minutes ago, caribill said:

The revamping of tier levels on other cruise lines has resulted in many people loosing benefits they had earned because those benefits were now reserved for higher tier levels.

Those wanting higher requirements for tiers or a new higher tier level should, unless already with a very high number of qualifying days/cruises,  be prepared to no longer have some benefits they already enjoy.

theoretical question: if all status things were eliminated on all cruise lines ,how would people decide what line to cruise? ive seen many complaints on the forum about status issues and it appears to be points of contention for everyone.  and cruising is def about less stress, not more. 🙂

14 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on today’s webinar it can only be done through the MC app & not even on a computer. They recommended using the app on a friend’s smart device (phone or tablet) and if not to call Princess to seek a solution.

The app must also be used for Vaccination Attestation to prove you’re fully vaccinated before the cruise & if not done would be denied boarding. Again call Princess to attempt to accomplish it without using a smart device MC app.

C8E856EA-2EB8-4EA0-9C03-C77AAE72DA96.png

IF HAL and Seabourn can do it via Online Guest Check In - why doesn't Princess also at least offer that option

35 minutes ago, voljeep said:

IF HAL and Seabourn can do it via Online Guest Check In - why doesn't Princess also at least offer that option

That question was asked at the webinar & the answer was because Princess has MedallionClass but the other CCL cruise lines do not have it.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Princess reevaluates their MC app only usage as they get calls from passengers who don’t have smart devices (phones & tablets) seeking workarounds for their problems. And by talking to first level phone reps who aren’t provided solutions from Princess or the reps are unaware of them. Guessing that they don’t want to spend money to make the Cruise Personalizer function like the MC app & instead to figure out workarounds for those who don’t have smart devices & thus cannot use an app. I also wish they’d offer the online CP option but that’s not my decision.

I’m not defending their actions but attempting to objectively analyze their decisions which as in the past might continue to evolve based on passenger input. Thankfully the latest MC app has been an improvement for me & I don’t have the issues that others are experiencing.

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

nstead to figure out workarounds for those who don’t have smart devices & thus cannot use an app. I also wish they’d offer the online CP option but that’s not my decision.

first off - we've been on only 2 ( CB and SKY ) OM ships and had medallion in hand when boarding, so we have gone thru the process with the old app - seemed like at that time it was "fun" and something new to look forward to - now, not so much

I'm more concerned with "FOMO" ( Fear Of Missing Out ) on the 'other things' that 'can' be done on the app - picking dining times without even knowing what's going on as activities ( paper patter / yellow highliter ) and more importantly securing our 'early as possible' boarding time.

we will deal with all of the above - have to - first world problems, huh ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

first off - we've been on only 2 ( CB and SKY ) OM ships and had medallion in hand when boarding, so we have gone thru the process with the old app - seemed like at that time it was "fun" and something new to look forward to - now, not so much

I'm more concerned with "FOMO" ( Fear Of Missing Out ) on the 'other things' that 'can' be done on the app - picking dining times without even knowing what's going on as activities ( paper patter / yellow highliter ) and more importantly securing our 'early as possible' boarding time.

On our Sky cruise. You  would get the paper guide in your room and count on it being correct. Most of the time there were changes. I was thinking because the SKY was new they had not worked out the kinks. I hope I was correct. Trying to go by the APP was fruitless. It was changing a lot. We would go, get there and find out either the location or the time was changed or both. I really hope they got that figured out. Next Princess cruise for us is December. Two more Princess cruises for next year.

43 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Agree…and that eventually all of the glitches will be fixed and that MedallionClass cruising will functioned as envisioned to be another benefit of a Princess cruise.

We sail on the Majestic in October after nearly 3 months of shakedown Alaskan cruises so hoping that most of the glitches will be gone by then. And hopefully they’ll still have the free delivered OceanNow drink like on our other three MC cruises. ☺️

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, caribill said:

That's exactly what's going to happen. RCL did it years ago when they introduced the pinnacle level. As a Diamond plus I no longer would be able to use the concierge lounge. After a bit or bitching and moaning people adjusted. The same will happen when Princess announces their new tiers . Elite has too many passengers competing for the same perk, think laundry. 

On 6/3/2021 at 5:43 PM, luckyinpa said:

wonder how you confirm thru the medallion app if you dont have a phone

You may want to look into Android simulators for your PC. There are a number of them that will allow you to download android apps from the playstore and run them on your PC. There should be similar apps for Mac as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

You may want to look into Android simulators for your PC. There are a number of them that will allow you to download android apps from the playstore and run them on your PC. There should be similar apps for Mac as well.

It should not be up to the customer to research possible workarounds to Princess limiting what digital devices can be used for the mandatory information.

Using a PC, it should take less than two minutes to sign in and agree to any acceptance form. It would take significantly more time to research workarounds, purchase if required, download and install, and then see if the workaround works. Whether it is 5 minutes more or 5 hours more or any other additional time, the customer should not have to do this.

I also see posts that say many people have Android smart phones with versions of Android software that the Princess app will not work with. So even having an Android device is no guarantee you can download and use the app to provide the required information.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, caribill said:

It should not be up to the customer to research possible workarounds to Princess limiting what digital devices can be used for the mandatory information.

Using a PC, it should take less than two minutes to sign in and agree to any acceptance form. It would take significantly more time to research workarounds, purchase if required, download and install, and then see if the workaround works. Whether it is 5 minutes more or 5 hours more or any other additional time, the customer should not have to do this.

I also see posts that say many people have Android smart phones with versions of Android software that the Princess app will not work with. So even having an Android device is no guarantee you can download and use the app to provide the required information.

I am in total agreement. I only stated that one "could" get Android simulators for their PC. I am appalled (but not really all that surprised) by the incompetence displayed in the creation and implementation of this app. Princess has long been known for their poor implementation of IT. Since other members of the CCL family are doing all of this stuff on their web sites it would make sense for Princess to allow a hybrid model where it could be done on either platform rather than insisting it all be done on a platform that clearly is not functional at this time.