***CDC gives RCI GO AHEAD to start test cruises in July***

12 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

In case anyone wants to volunteer -- I think they have more than enough volunteers -- but it doesn't hurt to try -- here's the link:

https://cruisesimulationform.questionpro.com/

Thanks for the tip.  I had placed our names in the hat yesterday and would like to be picked.    But I know it is a long shot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bmblob said:

Thanks for the tip.  I had placed our names in the hat yesterday and would like to be picked.    But I know it is a long shot.

Hey good luck, you never know you might just be one of the lucky ones to get picked.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I make curious what did they just change?

The CDC is retreated on almost a daily basis.

This was about the conveyance mask rule. Yesterday it was mixing vax and non-vax.

Tuesday, they'll probably waive the quarantine requirements or something equally pointless. 

2 minutes ago, boatseller said:

The CDC is retreated on almost a daily basis.

This was about the conveyance mask rule. Yesterday it was mixing vax and non-vax.

Tuesday, they'll probably waive the quarantine requirements or something equally pointless. 

But you said there was a change in masking guidance today; what was it?

More on the good news front.  Carnival got CDC approval for its port agreements for Port Canaveral, Galveston and PortMiami.  The Mardi Gras (newest ship) is on its way from the shipyard in Europe, due to arrive on June 4th at Port Canaveral. 

https://spacecoastdaily.com/2021/05/carnival-cruise-line-agreement-with-port-canaveral-gains-cdc-approval-as-restart-plans-progress/

18 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

More on the good news front.  Carnival got CDC approval for its port agreements for Port Canaveral, Galveston and PortMiami.  The Mardi Gras (newest ship) is on its way from the shipyard in Europe, due to arrive on June 4th at Port Canaveral. 

https://spacecoastdaily.com/2021/05/carnival-cruise-line-agreement-with-port-canaveral-gains-cdc-approval-as-restart-plans-progress/

Too bad the Governor Desantis stands in the way of any ship sailing from Florida... So good news for Galveston. People from Florida can drive there or fly and get on a ship.

Edited by Jimbo

25 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Too bad the Governor Desantis stands in the way of any ship sailing from Florida... So good news for Galveston. People from Florida can drive there or fly and get on a ship.

I'm sure Micky Arison, Carnival's chairman, with the clout he has in FL in and in particular South Florida will work something out with DeSantis.  I'm not worried.  

Edited by livingonthebeach

6 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I'm sure Mikey Arison, Carnival's chairman, with the clout he has in FL in and in particular South Florida will work something out with DeSantis.  I'm not worried.  

If it involves Desantis, I would be worried. If it was anyone else I would agree with you. We'll see I guess.

Can't see Desantis walking away with his tail between his legs. Because that is the way it will look.

He hasn't changed his stance since this all started, can't see him doing a 180 right now and allowing it.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1