Alaska cruise - fully vaccinated cruises only (for now)

Carnival just announced that the Alaska cruises will be for fully vaccinated cruisers only.  That really means no children under 12 as well.  This is for ALASKA ONLY.

If you are booked on the Alaskan cruises, you will be receiving a letter today with the new protocols. They will be offering full refunds or rebook you.

Not Carnival's doing by the way.  Things will change as things improve.  We are almost there, folks!

They will be releasing the protocols for the Caribbean within 6 days.  Stay tuned.....

Edited by BrotherCraig
  • Like 2

That covers it. We all need to hurry up and wait for information from the official Carnival website not some blogger. Glad they pushed back the final payment date for August sailings ( Liberty Aug 9th and 13th ). 

• Like 1

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521

Alaska cruises are available only for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise and have proof of vaccination. Accordingly, the following applies only to these specific Alaska itineraries:

• All guests, including children who are age-eligible for vaccines, will need to show proof of vaccination.
  • This means, that regrettably, guests who are not vaccinated, including children who are not yet eligible for a vaccine, will not be permitted to sail.
Our Have Fun. Be Safe. guidelines for Alaska voyages incorporate guidance from the CDC and Alaska officials:
  • All guests will be asked to confirm their status as fully vaccinated for COVID-19 during check-in and provide proof of vaccination in advance of boarding. (As a reminder, “fully vaccinated” means the final dose of the vaccine was administered 14 days prior to embarkation.)
  • It’s important for guests to come prepared, as those who arrive at the embarkation terminal without the proper proof of vaccination will not be able to cruise, and no refund will be issued.
  • Face masks for all forms of transportation are still required by the CDC; however, protocols are evolving and as changes are announced, we will share more information as soon as possible.
  • While guests will be vaccinated, we will follow protocols and requirements for each destination while ashore in Alaska. Remember, these restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.

1 hour ago, miataman19 said:

. We all need to hurry up and wait for information from the official Carnival website 

Thank You.... Next?  😉

https://www.carnival.com/Legal/covid-19-legal-notices/covid-19-guest-protocols?icid=advisory_cruisehealth_052521

as verified from post 3

Edited by klfrodo

4 minutes ago, pamelajean62 said:

Anyone know what "proof of vaccination" will consist of?  We have our vaccination cards.

Vaccination cards.  If you lost yours and had it done at CVS or Walgreens, you can get it online from their site.  Also, via the app.  

Also, there is a list of site from each state where you can retrieve or request a copy of proof. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html#state

17 minutes ago, pamelajean62 said:

Anyone know what "proof of vaccination" will consist of?  We have our vaccination cards.

I was wondering the same thing. We got ours at a small grocery store and we had to ask for the cards.  Then they just told us to fill them in ourselves.  All they did was give us the lot number.  They actually sort of look like something that someone would fraudulently try to pass off as proof of vaccine which concerns me.  

30 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

I was wondering the same thing. We got ours at a small grocery store and we had to ask for the cards.  Then they just told us to fill them in ourselves.  All they did was give us the lot number.  They actually sort of look like something that someone would fraudulently try to pass off as proof of vaccine which concerns me.  

All vaccinations are reported to the CDC and local state health agencies.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html#state

• Like 1

"All vaccinations are reported to the CDC and local state health agencies.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html#state"

This is correct. I know in Nevada (and I know a few other states), the local county has a record of your Covid vaccination. I even filled out my own CDC shot card when I got my shot and they still correctly entered my vaccine information into the county immunization record system. So I think this will be what is required. There is a misunderstood idea that a NATIONAL DATABASE is not available. While TRUE, there IS a record of your vaccination, likely in the county or state vaccination records you would use for school, etc. Faking those CDC cards won't help anyone without valid vaccination records (yes, I supposed those could be forged, but that takes even more effort)

Edited by JMKreno
  • Like 1