Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

2 minutes ago, royallondon said:

We came off the Silhouette Saturday and had a really good time.

Two main showtimes still in place at 7pm and 9pm.

Lewis certainly had a challenging week with the resident show team down (he told us he was 27 staff members down).  Getting acts on at short notice over the Bank Holiday weekend who had to be PCR tested apparently was a real challenge.  

The McDonald brothers joined the Ship at Liverpool (their first time on Celebrity) and the Shamrock Tenors at Belfast.  The Baracade boys were also on but not sure if they were replacement acts or scheduled ones.

Regards

Baracade Boys are regulars along with the Beatles Experience, Oli Nez and Matt McGurk  (magician). 

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Baracade Boys are regulars along with the Beatles Experience, Oli Nez and Matt McGurk  (magician). 

Oh please let them have some different entertainers on the Canary Islands cruise! No a big fan of the acts they had in the theatre for the UK cruise.

1 minute ago, Tipsy252 said:

Oh please let them have some different entertainers on the Canary Islands cruise! No a big fan of the acts they had in the theatre for the UK cruise.

Sorry about that - we liked them all except the comedian on the first night.  We think "Just John and Paul" are a better Beatles act but enjoyed the Beatles Experience. Matt McGurk was excellent especially as he did big illusions as well as close up. His magic class was also great fun. Still we can't all like the same things. 

5 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Sorry about that - we liked them all except the comedian on the first night.  We think "Just John and Paul" are a better Beatles act but enjoyed the Beatles Experience. Matt McGurk was excellent especially as he did big illusions as well as close up. His magic class was also great fun. Still we can't all like the same things. 

😄😄 Quite agree! We actually liked the female comedienne!

From FB

In a crazy turn of events we are delighted to be rejoining the Celebrity Cruises Silhouette, when it docks in Belfast on Thursday, for the next few cruises! We’re incredibly grateful to have the opportunity to perform again ☘️🙏

Shamrock Tenors.
Barricade Boys and Beatles Celebration on one cruise....i wait until the 18th in hope.
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, the penguins said:

She's great(ish) as long as she doesn't sing.

I expect it will be Lewis (no socks) straight out of TOWIE.

Agree that Sue Denning is good.

We've had Lewis on our 2 UK cruises and I'm really hoping for a change in October.  The way he can mangle the English language sets my teeth on edge, although I do admit that he has lots of energy. 

The recent postings definitely underline how we all like different things.  Not at all keen on the first night singer/comedienne, or the magician but enjoyed the Barricade Boys and would be happy if they were still on board in October when we are back again.  

One of the best acts I've seen on a cruise ship in years was the Shamrock Tenors and was quite envious to hear they were on board again last week!

Has any other former UK staycation passenger who didn't use Eurofin had the experience I have just had.  Miami based Celebrity staff phoned me up and asked for my credit card details so they could repay my PCR test cost.  Not wanting to give them out to a cold caller he then suggested I ring Celebrity myself which I did.  I waited twenty odd minutes to get through to the UK number and then was transferred to wait again at the US end before getting someone who had to have everything explained to them.   No idea why they couldn't put it on the credit card I used on the ship or why they couldn't do this through my travel agent.  The first caller said that no one he called has given up their details first time, what a surprise!

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Were there any more covid cases or just those amongst the production cast?

Im curious, who were the replacement acts? Thanks

No more cases as far as I know.

Irish folk singers and  guy who starred in West end musicals,  sorry can't remember  their names 

Here's a pic of the Irish singers

Edited to say that a royallondon has already identified them above

20210903_201913.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KaryEstelle said:

Are they having one show per night, due to the reduced numbers of passengers?

Two shows,  7pm and 9pm plus sometimes a matinée.  Plus often one of the headline acts does an additional show in the central foyer 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, KaryEstelle said:

Thank you for your reply.

On August sailing every act did a second show either in the theatre, Sky Lounge or the Grand Foyer. The Barricade Boys second show was Jersey Boys as one of the group has starred in that. Matt McGurk the magician did a  workshop.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, the penguins said:

On August sailing every act did a second show either in the theatre, Sky Lounge or the Grand Foyer. The Barricade Boys second show was Jersey Boys as one of the group has starred in that. Matt McGurk the magician did a  workshop.

Thank you, I'm so looking forward to this cruise!

On 9/6/2021 at 8:50 AM, emmas gran said:

teabear obviously made a slight mistake with back and front!!

The only time I am sure which end is which is on a horse - several clues there help me.  Have pity for my poor driving instructor, went a bit pale when he saw I had written left and right on the back of my hands - so to clarify - Tuscan is at the rounded end not the pointy one

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, teabear said:

The only time I am sure which end is which is on a horse - several clues there help me.  Have pity for my poor driving instructor, went a bit pale when he saw I had written left and right on the back of my hands - so to clarify - Tuscan is at the rounded end not the pointy one

I am exactly the same with Left and Right!!🙈🙈

8 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Easy if you are right handed- you WRITE with your RIGHT hand.

Sorry Jackie but sometimes when using/ giving directions I will point left and say right, maybe because I am left handed. At my zumba classes a new routine I need to stand behind the leader to get tricky left/right footwork😂 but now I'm too old to change.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, emmas gran said:

Sorry Jackie but sometimes when using/ giving directions I will point left and say right, maybe because I am left handed. At my zumba classes a new routine I need to stand behind the leader to get tricky left/right footwork😂 but now I'm too old to change.

I too struggle with Left and Right - another lefty. Similar story for fitness classes too, if stood in front of the instructor, I tend to mirror their moves! Have caused more than one or two pile-ups in class. 🤣

On 9/5/2021 at 10:57 PM, the penguins said:

She's great(ish) as long as she doesn't sing.

I expect it will be Lewis (no socks) straight out of TOWIE.

I thought he brought a breath of fresh air to the CD role. I certainly prefer it to the 1970s working men’s club style of some other cruise directors. 

Edited by iandjm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iandjm said:

I thought he brought a breath of fresh air to the CD role. I certainly prefer it to the 1970s working men’s club style of some other cruise directors. 

Our favourite John Grantham. His style is unique. He used to be Stunt Man. On sea days he does a daily show talking to all the guest entertainers in which he encourages audience participation. Also informal discussions in Celebrity Central with various officers with nothing off limits. His Liars Club nights push the limits to breaking point. He also does a show featuring films of some of his stunts. He is at the gangway at every port to see as many people off as possible and back again to greet passengers as they return. Finally he hates his office and you will always find him a corner if the Al Bacio or one of the bars doing is paperwork. Regrettable he only seems to do the Pacific. Geoff