Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

17 minutes ago, NeroliGirl said:

Hi - I’m currently on board, disembarking tomorrow. 🥲

Have dined in Murano twice and the lobster was still being prepared table-side, as was the crepe ballon rouge dessert. Quality and service is every bit as good as I remember. 

Already looking forward to being back on board on 4th September. I was told there are only 400 pax booked for that sailing so there could be some last-minute bargains up for grabs!

Sincere thanks!

The ballon rouge is a family favourite...It is the smell of the lobster cooking next to you that makes that dish so wonderful. If there is tableside preparation on our cruise it will be a bonus...

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

I booked last week for the 18th Sept sailing.

I noticed in today’s Bank Holiday w/e sale the price is £200 less than I paid.

The office was closed,I will ring tomorrow.

Has anybody had a reduction as a result of the Price Promise Guarantee on any Staycruise?

Do keep us updated, I imagine they will be getting a few calls in the morning 🙂

3 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Has anybody had a reduction as a result of the Price Promise Guarantee on any Staycruise?

Hi Jeanie - I’ve used the Best Price Guarantee, once pre-final payment and once after final payment, didn’t have any problems at all (apart from the long wait on the phone to speak to someone!). If you get a price reduction after final payment this will be given as OBC. 

15 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

I don’t know about desperate, but speaking to one of the crew, he told me that the crew shop was running short of things like toothpaste and shampoo.  We were in a large Tesco by Greenock port, but I chickened out of buying personal stuff like that (DH uses Tesco’s cheapest of both and it might have appeared a bit insulting to get the same 😁) and will give cash instead - plus a little chocolate.

They can, and do, get things delivered by Amazon!

What they can’t get is small souvenirs of the places they visit.

Also, every crew member I spoke to is generally happy to be back working. Yes it’s hard work but if they need a shift off then they get it.

13 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

Yes we got a OBC credit as it was after final payment. Was done through our TA reasonably quickly. Could see it online to spend. 

11 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

Hi - I’m currently on board, disembarking tomorrow. 🥲

Have dined in Murano twice and the lobster was still being prepared table-side, as was the crepe ballon rouge dessert. Quality and service is every bit as good as I remember. 

Already looking forward to being back on board on 4th September. I was told there are only 400 pax booked for that sailing so there could be some last-minute bargains up for grabs!

We are on the 4th Sept, wow 400 pax that will be interesting on a ship this size. Problem is if they reduce prices too hard existing pax will also claim reduction. Fine balancing act for X. 

Edited by woodards

1 hour ago, Alethers said:

For a newbie, where’s the best place to watch the sail away? Not sure if I should go to a lounge or a deck somewhere?

Lots of great places to choose from.....

If the weather is really bad head for the Sky Lounge. Panoramic views and you can start enjoying your drinks package.

Your balcony can be nice. Most balconies have some cover so again even if the weather is bad you can usually still stand out. 

The Sunset Bar. A great favourite for many. It is at the back of the ship top deck and seating extends around both sides. Enjoy a drink or three!

Most sail away times seem to be about 6pm on this cruise so you can watch the sail away from one of the speciality restaurants with a view. Lawn Grill in on deck. It does have a roof and plastic sides which go up or down depending on the weather. You can be sat ordering your meal and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of sail away. Tuscan Grill is inside at the back of the ship and offers great wake views. We love dining here and watching ports slowly fade away...Both these restaurants are at additional cost.

Sometimes sail away can be delayed resulting in them running into set dining times. An easy way to prevent this becoming a problem is to stay on deck and enjoy the sail away for as long as you like then dine in the buffet. The Celebrity buffet has wonderful views and is usually fairly quiet in the evenings. There are a wide range of options including Indian, stir fry, pizza, roast of the day...There is also a grill to order station offering steak, salmon etc. Another bonus of the buffet on sail away day is if you are tired or have not yet unpacked casual attire is fine. This option is also at no extra cost.

Almost forgot! You can always sit on the lawn!

Edited by chemmo
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, woodards said:

We are on the 4th Sept, wow 400 pax that will be interesting on a ship this size. Problem is if they reduce prices too hard existing pax will also claim reduction. Fine balancing act for X. 

Shame the 4th is a poor itinerary - lots of floating around in the Irish sea - would have been nice to have had Liverpool in the mix etc.

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi Mark.

Straight on to it this morning,,phone answered first ring.

No problem £200 into my account as OBC,,,,,so upgraded DP👍

Same experience here, no phone queue at all which was quite a surprise.

Cancelled and rebooked a couple of things to recycle the OBC into a credit card refund.

Very easy, but I guess we shouldn't get used to this as this sort of price protection isn't going to go on forever sadly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Sometimes sail away can be delayed resulting in them running into set dining times.

This happened on 06/08/21 sailing, so unfortunately we were already in the dining room.😱

E050EC06-5C99-4B9E-81CD-5925C78C5D4B.jpeg

Edited by upwarduk

1 hour ago, Mark_T said:

Same experience here, no phone queue at all which was quite a surprise.

Cancelled and rebooked a couple of things to recycle the OBC into a credit card refund.

Very easy, but I guess we shouldn't get used to this as this sort of price protection isn't going to go on forever sadly.

it's been the norm in the USA (along with fully refundable deposits) for years - we are just catching up

2 minutes ago, the penguins said:

it's been the norm in the USA (along with fully refundable deposits) for years - we are just catching up

Indeed, but I'd consider this as a brief glimpse behind the curtain, rather than catching up...

Would be great if it lasted, but it will revert to the 'same day of booking price match' soon enough.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Indeed, but I'd consider this as a brief glimpse behind the curtain, rather than catching up...

Would be great if it lasted, but it will revert to the 'same day of booking price match' soon enough.

hopefully not - once the genie is out of the bottle it's hard to put it back. This benefit is one reason why a lot of UK passengers chose to book with a USA agent.

I do agree, pre-covid I spent about half my time working in the USA so the advantages of using a 'local' USA agent were clear, but as it stands, Celebrity seem determined to shoehorn that genie right back into the bottle for bookings after October 31st according to their current published details:

image.thumb.png.098ffb0295478baad279f61fc92e12ad.png

• Like 2

19 hours ago, upwarduk said:

This happened on 06/08/21 sailing, so unfortunately we were already in the dining room.😱

E050EC06-5C99-4B9E-81CD-5925C78C5D4B.jpeg

Looking forward to enjoying these extended seating areas! I hope our weather is favourable!

Despite our many cruises we still love to see the ropes come off the ship, hear the toot and watch the ship slowly move off...

Very frustrating when sail aways coincide with dinner! 

51 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Not sure why we were so late,leaving, the green light at the terminal had been flashing since 6pm ( advertised sail away time).

We eventually started moving at 6.45pm.

It is now our family tradition to book into Tuscan Grill first night early and watch the sail away from there. We do miss the standing on deck with all  the sights, sounds and smells but as I can no longer stand for long delays become increasingly frustrating! Better to be sipping a glass of wine, sat in a comfortable chair perusing the menu and comfortably see the ropes coming off the back, hear the muted toots and slowly watch the port disappear into the distance and day turn to night...

We are planning to book Lawn Grill at 6pm as we leave Liverpool...As we hear the toot (weather permitting) we will head to the rails to watch the ship pull away. 

Whilst I know each cruise will have different weather, how breezy/cold was it on your cruise in the evenings? 

Edited by chemmo

4 minutes ago, rachiem said:

We have a suite booked and didn't realise that the retreat lounge was limited to 24. If you do get a seat is the atmosphere not flat?

Perhaps that explains why we felt the lounge lacked any atmosphere. It was either empty or when it was full, it was deathly quiet with couples keeping to their own space. Sharing tables / spaces was not allowed 🤷‍♀️.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rachiem said:

We have a suite booked and didn't realise that the retreat lounge was limited to 24. If you do get a seat is the atmosphere not flat?

We have often found the Retreat nicer and easier to mix in when fairly quiet. General noise levels are less and the usual “Starter conversations” between tables (Where are you from? Have you cruised Celebrity before?...) are easier to ask and reply to. 

Hopefully everyone on board will be so delighted to be at sea the atmosphere will be buzzing!

I would also hope that they have placed chairs and tables strategically ensuring space but the option for none shouting conversations to be possible....

We have booked this cruise knowing that things can not be ‘normal’ obviously we hope the ambiance and general feel will be unchanged....

• Like 2

Hi all - I have a question for folk who have been on this cruise already. My mother in law has just returned from her cruise and complained that, as a single female traveller, she found it very hard to get served at the bars. She thought that male guests were served in precedence to her and I was curious if anyone else had this experience. It doesn't seem to fit with expectations of Celebrity (or any cruise line really). My sister was hoping to book onto the same cruise in a few week's time but she's concerned about the service, as she would also be a single female traveller. I'd appreciate any feedback about service on the ship, particularly for women travelling on their own. It just doesn't seem right to me but I obviously wasn't there! Thanks all.

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Hopefully everyone on board will be so delighted to be at sea the atmosphere will be buzzing!

No buzzing atmosphere, in fact I couldn’t believe how quiet the Sky Lounge was between 5-7. 
We ended up going to the Ensemble lounge on most nights and we saw the Captain’s Club host there talking to passengers.

Never ever saw Lewis the CD between 5-7 ( unlike Sue Denning who was everywhere).

0FF3CD4D-576C-4C68-9064-C750C088C4BE.jpeg