Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

49 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Just read on social media that the Captain's Club host is in isolation, wonder how many crew are affected?

Where did you see this?  Not finding it on the usual Fesses de bouc pages

On 8/22/2021 at 2:54 PM, upwarduk said:

ED65B856-3286-45DC-87B3-B50D5F43FDB9.jpeg

I’m pretty sure these are Galtonias...Galtonia Candicans to be exact.

I know the individual flowers look like Leucojum but Galtonia have more of a cluster of growth at the top and multiple flowers along the stem. 

1 hour ago, TraderSam said:

I’m pretty sure these are Galtonias...Galtonia Candicans to be exact.

I know the individual flowers look like Leucojum but Galtonia have more of a cluster of growth at the top and multiple flowers along the stem. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, upwarduk said:

The only restrictions were half of our bus were allowed off to use the toilets and 5 minutes later the remainder. 

2D8EE2BA-BDCA-4AD7-B8D7-7477E8CC3214.jpeg

0A648E96-5459-4518-95B7-C45E3DBC7C54.jpeg

190317E6-D171-42DA-9C88-23E785D77412.jpeg

22C83331-D2BF-4241-9DB0-EA44647F2D7A.jpeg

4270F9F3-5FE7-46ED-8418-22EEDD3D3B1B.jpeg

Great, thank you. Someone mentioned that the restrictions were with the site capacity but it looks well spread out 🙂

59 minutes ago, scottie920 said:

For those using EUROFINS for their pre cruise PCR test. How quickly did you get the results and how easy was it to access them. Thank you in anticipation. 

Very easy and the results go direct to Celebrity as well. We had the test Tuesday at Stanstead,  were quoted 48 hours but had them late Wednesday. If the results don't arrive just go to Southampton at your check-in time - if Celebrity don't have them they have facilities for a rapid test (30 minutes). 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the penguins said:

Very easy and the results go direct to Celebrity as well. We had the test Tuesday at Stanstead,  were quoted 48 hours but had them late Wednesday. If the results don't arrive just go to Southampton at your check-in time - if Celebrity don't have them they have facilities for a rapid test (30 minutes). 

Thank you. Reassuring . Just hope we don’t fail. Would be extremely disappointed to miss cruise after waiting so long. 🙏🤞🛳🍾

54 minutes ago, rachiem said:

Great, thank you. Someone mentioned that the restrictions were with the site capacity but it looks well spread out 🙂

Timed tickets for all visitors. We had a private guide and she prebooked for 12.30 we left the ship at 10.00. Cafe not open inside but the ladies were serving teas,lattes etc outside from a mobile kitchen. A couple of tables but it was very windy so we sheltered against the wall behind the toilet block - was better than it sounds

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottie920 said:

For those using EUROFINS for their pre cruise PCR test. How quickly did you get the results and how easy was it to access them. Thank you in anticipation. 

Ours took around 36 hours. We never received the email- it has been reported that aol and yahoo accounts have issues. However we could access the results on TrustOne. Once others on our roll call started receiving theirs, I kept checking TrustOne.

Our Eurofins results took just under 24 hours to come through. The results came through on the website link/account several hours before the emails -  and whilst my husband and children got emails, I did not. Testing for the children at the terminal very quick - results in 10 minutes.

24 minutes ago, Julie Jean said:

Our Eurofins results took just under 24 hours to come through.

I think it depends which lab your test goes to. 
We had our test at 10.30 in Holmfirth( Last of the Summer Wine) West Yorkshire, on Tuesday. They were collected at noon and taken to a Lab in Wolverhampton!
The results still hadn’t come through mid- evening on Wednesday, so I contacted Eurofins by email. I was told they would be with us later in the evening.

They arrived just before midnight, so the first job was to print the certificates before we left for Southampton on Thursday ( we always travel the day before, as the journey can take between 6-9 hours).

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

10 days out from cruise today and still unable to access eDocs or print luggage tags, no biggie but did wonder what everyone else has experienced?

No sign of a Move Up email either and direct link doesn't work with our details - just get message saying check details and make sure it is within 30 days of departure!

3 hours ago, woodards said:

10 days out from cruise today and still unable to access eDocs or print luggage tags, no biggie but did wonder what everyone else has experienced?

We are sailing on 18th September and we have had access to all of that for a while. 

Have you been able to complete the check-in process up to the health questionnaire stage?

I assume you've had the email for your PCR test though?

8 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

We are sailing on 18th September and we have had access to all of that for a while. 

Have you been able to complete the check-in process up to the health questionnaire stage?

I assume you've had the email for your PCR test though?

Yes all checked in and booked in for PCR.

Been here before to be honest when I have booked through TA.

May ring them just to give them a shove!

Same here, once you've completed the check-in as far as you can you should get an email titled:

'Your Guest Vacation Documents are now ready for Reservation ID:xxxxxxx...'

That will contains the 'Guest Ticket Booklet' which includes the luggage tags...

Edited by Mark_T

Can any recent cruisers advise if you have to book shows or can you just turn up. If you do have to, do you just add to planner once on board?

Also do you have to book gym slots or again just show up ?

Would also be interested in how full Silhouette is now

Edited by sgmn