Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

17 minutes ago, gardening_diva said:

Can anyone confirm whether the port used for Inverness is actually Inverness or Invergordon?

Looks more likely to be Invergordon for Sihouette, but itinerary says Inverness!

Thanks!

I saw this online. 'On a cruise to Inverness, your ship will dock at the Invergordon cruise terminal, which is located near Loch Ness. To reach Inverness, you can either take a one-hour train ride from the train station, which is only a short walk away from the cruise terminal, board a public bus, or take a private bus ride to the city.'

1 minute ago, KaryEstelle said:

I saw this online. 'On a cruise to Inverness, your ship will dock at the Invergordon cruise terminal, which is located near Loch Ness. To reach Inverness, you can either take a one-hour train ride from the train station, which is only a short walk away from the cruise terminal, board a public bus, or take a private bus ride to the city.'

https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/ports/inverness-loch-ness

5 minutes ago, KaryEstelle said:

Perfect, thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaryEstelle said:

Please note that the train is only running every couple of hours at the moment so if there are any problems it could be difficult to get back to Invergordon. I'm therefore not going to take the risk of getting to Inverness as it's some distance. Whereas in Greenock for Glasgow, trains are every 20 minutes and the bus service is also quite regular.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KaryEstelle said:

I seem to have about three different numbers to try for Celebrity but I coudn't get through on any of them on Friday.

I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Press the option for new bookings,   you'll get someone pretty quickly. Someone gave me this hint after I complained about hanging on for over an hour for customer services 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Press the option for new bookings,   you'll get someone pretty quickly. Someone gave me this hint after I complained about hanging on for over an hour for customer services 

Brilliant! I'll give it a go! Thank you.

11 hours ago, gardening_diva said:

Can anyone confirm whether the port used for Inverness is actually Inverness or Invergordon?

Looks more likely to be Invergordon for Sihouette, but itinerary says Inverness!

Thanks!

X are geographically challenged. On some cruises the itinerary says London when the ship docks in Southampton. Worryingly, after Costa Concordia, ships no longer use paper charts.

• Like 1

At Greenock the local authority are providing free shuttle buses to take passengers into town.

A couple of other points to mention, in Scotland only double-vaccinated people can leave the ship for independent trips, so no families. Secondly the Scottish government do not recognise face shields as being a mask. Only masks are acceptable on public transport etc.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Another point to mention, the excursion to Cawdor Castle mentions passing Loch Ness. It does not, we were told it would add another 2 hours return journey.DAF938E8-7B1F-4F3D-90DC-4475012564D6.thumb.jpeg.6b4696ca2d9697463e1ece3372da344b.jpeg7584AF2F-7B22-4E76-BBE8-3DB42D3EBEFE.thumb.jpeg.f83fefd03cc1f5f3ab618d5037ce8b85.jpeg

'The raven himself is hoarse that croaks the fatal entrance of Duncan, under my battlements.

Hello I wonder if anyone could help me with this, please.

I am currently filling in the check-in information.

However, it says this ' You are required to download the mobile app prior to sailing'.

My mobile phone can't get apps it is a simple pay as you go.

I wasn't planning on getting a smart phone, has anyone else been in this situation? Thank you

16 minutes ago, KaryEstelle said:

However, it says this ' You are required to download the mobile app prior to sailing'.

I wasn't planning on getting a smart phone, has anyone else been in this situation? Thank you

You should be able to check in at the dock. 

• Like 1

You ought to be able to check in online. 

However you might not be able to do bits like the photo so easily. 

The alternative is to borrow someone's phone and use that. You don't need to have the app on the ship if you don't want to. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KaryEstelle said:

It's a suggestion not compulsory you can do everything though your PC as before and bring paper copies of your boarding pass - in fact it's quicker. Complete the safety briefing on the cabin tv 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, the penguins said:

It's a suggestion not compulsory you can do everything though your PC as before and bring paper copies of your boarding pass - in fact it's quicker. Complete the safety briefing on the cabin tv 

They say a health questionnaire has to be filled in 24 hours before the cruise using the app which is what concerns me. 

30 minutes ago, KaryEstelle said:

I've sent an email to Celebrity but they haven't replied (days ago).

Hello,

I presented myself at the terminal with paper stuff and no completed health questionnaire. I was told "No problem" and I answered (no) to health questions in less than 30 seconds and that was it.

On board it *is* a problem at the bars. Whilst restaurants have paper menus for you to read, the bars have removed theirs and insist you use the QR code. My phone reads the QR code and all it is is the URL to the app. I had a personal 1-2-1 with the IT Manager who said the bars had exceeded the requirements: The QR code/App are supposed to be working together with the paper menus and not the QR code/app replacing the paper menus completely. As we sat, he typed a message to the F&B Manager and said he would contact me that evening with the response. Sadly he did not, nor any of the following 12 nights.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I presented myself at the terminal with paper stuff and no completed health questionnaire. I was told "No problem" and I answered (no) to health questions in less than 30 seconds and that was it.

On board it *is* a problem at the bars. Whilst restaurants have paper menus for you to read, the bars have removed theirs and insist you use the QR code. My phone reads the QR code and all it is is the URL to the app. I had a personal 1-2-1 with the IT Manager who said the bars had exceeded the requirements: The QR code/App are supposed to be working together with the paper menus and not the QR code/app replacing the paper menus completely. As we sat, he typed a message to the F&B Manager and said he would contact me that evening with the response. Sadly he did not, nor any of the following 12 nights.

Regards,

Cublet

Thank you so much for your reply, so helpful for me. 

3 hours ago, cublet said:

On board it *is* a problem at the bars.

They have Captain’s Club Happy Hour  menu behind the bars. We asked for one, but it was taken away before I could take a photo of it. 
Apparently there are some premium drinks on it, as one of the perks for Elite and above.

I was told this by Ingrid, the C.C host, last week.

She also told us that the Classic drinks limit was $11! due to UK VAT being added. 

Also problems in the restaurants, as there are no dietary symbols on the menus on the App.

Edited by upwarduk
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

They have Captain’s Club Happy Hour  menu behind the bars. We asked for one, but it was taken away before I could take a photo of it. 
Apparently there are some premium drinks on it, as one of the perks for Elite and above.

I was told this by Ingrid, the C.C host, last week.

She also told us that the Classic drinks limit was $11! due to UK VAT being added. 

Also problems in the restaurants, as there are no dietary symbols on the menus on the App.

Our phone was in the safe for the whole trip. We used the paper menus  throughout. We don't drink alcohol but had no trouble ordering in Al Bacio without the app. Servers around the deck took our orders for virgin cocktails without the APP. Ingrid the CC Concierge offered us a paper copy of the Elite drinks menu. We never showed our cards just gave our cabin number.

• Like 1