Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

8 hours ago, Rob1966 said:

Can someone who has recently cruised on the 7 night staycation form Southampton to Liverpool/Belfast, let me know which nights the Chic nights were please?

thanks

Rob

Celebrity doesn't work to a set pattern, just not the first and last. As fewer and fewer passengers really dress up it has become more and more of a non event. On 6 August sailing very few long dresses , even fewer DJ's. Some men in suits and jackets most just shirts.

1 hour ago, the penguins said:

Celebrity doesn't work to a set pattern, just not the first and last. As fewer and fewer passengers really dress up it has become more and more of a non event. On 6 August sailing very few long dresses , even fewer DJ's. Some men in suits and jackets most just shirts.

We will be dressing up! New dresses all packed ready 🙂

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Rob1966 said:

Can someone who has recently cruised on the 7 night staycation form Southampton to Liverpool/Belfast, let me know which nights the Chic nights were please?

thanks

Rob

On the 9th July cruise it was the second night and then the second last one.  There were quite a lot of people dressed up including me and my friends.  We certainly didn't feel we were in the minority.

• Like 2

On our 31 July cruise the Chic night was on the second night. Including myself I saw many men in dinner suits, but I wasn’t bothered about percentages. I dress up to compliment my wife’s attire. It would be rude to ignore the fact that she loves dressing up, and not just on chic nights.

• Like 4

Just got off 14 Aug sailing and it was night 2 (Sun) and night 6 (Thu). 

They had a captains Circle party (short and sweet) on night 4 where a few more were dressed up (more jackets) although there were a couple of tuxes. 

All were sea days. 

Edited by Lynnewob
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lynnewob said:

Just got off 14 Aug sailing and it was night 2 (Sun) and night 6 (Thu). 

They had a captains Circle party (short and sweet) on night 4 where a few more were dressed up (more jackets) although there were a couple of tuxes. 

All were sea days. 

What is a ‘Captain’s Circle’ party? 

15 minutes ago, chemmo said:

What is a ‘Captain’s Circle’ party? 

It's for anyone who has sailed with Celebrity before as a sort of "welcome back/keep sailing with us/loyalty" party.  The Snr officers milk around and you can talk to them if you wish and the captain says a few words by way of welcome and thanks for being on board. 

10 hours ago, Rob1966 said:

thanks

Rob

I read somewhere day 2 and day 6. I have a couple of lovely dresses I'm looking forward to wearing.  It's nice to dress up sometimes.

And especially as we can drive to port so no worries about checking in baggage and airline baggage restrictions.

• Like 1

Chic nights are usually on sea days. They always have been on my cruises. I was pleased to see a good few dressing up on my 3rd July cruise. Definitely not as dressy as in the past, which I really miss - but still being followed by many.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lynnewob said:

It's for anyone who has sailed with Celebrity before as a sort of "welcome back/keep sailing with us/loyalty" party.  The Snr officers milk around and you can talk to them if you wish and the captain says a few words by way of welcome and thanks for being on board. 

Aaah, we have attended many, I just didn’t know the event by that name!!!

12 hours ago, Rob1966 said:

thanks

Rob

On a 7 night cruise there is likely to be 1 (one) Chic evening. On cruises >7 nights they have 2 (Two) Chic nights. On our 23Jul 8 night staycation, Chic night was night 2 and 6.

Just wondering if anyone has yet had a refund due to 3rd party Covid testing. We sailed 17th July and submitted the details and receipts and have had nothing back. We did get the standard 'thank you for your email' reply. Thanks in advance x

14 August sailing.

Totally forgot to attend the party but saw hundreds of dolphins when the party was on which more than made up for it.

On both Chic nights the gentlemen who made the effort to ‘black tie’ theirselves spoke to the others saying how good they looked and thanked them for making the effort.

The friends we made on board all dressed on Chic evenings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lynnewob said:

They had a captains Circle party (short and sweet) on night 4

Actually they had 2 parties on the 6th August cruise. We were talking to Ingrid, the C.C host and I asked her why there was no presentation for the longest cruiser. She said that happened in the 2nd party. They had split them into 2 due to numbers & Covid.

Yep,  captains circle is Princess and captains club is Celebrity.   

We were at the 2nd party and no mention of the most frequent cruiser on board.    The 2 parties were done due to covid but divided into those staying on lower decks attending the early one and higher decks on the 2nd later party 

Just got our CC points form our Aug 6th cruise. 192 points each ! 24 points a day in an RS for 8 nights.

I assuming that is double points of which I had heard rummours but hadn't seen any thing in print.

Do we get 36 points a night next week when wwe are in a PH? 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

Just got our CC points form our Aug 6th cruise. 192 points each ! 24 points a day in an RS for 8 nights.

I assuming that is double points of which I had heard rummours but hadn't seen any thing in print.

Just once only. 

2 hours ago, groryjm said:

I copied this when we booked on 30/04/21, in case we didn’t get our double points.

”Now through 28 August, Classic members and above will earn double Club Points on our newly announced sailings aboard Celebrity Silhouette when you book a balcony stateroom or higher.* Simply book with your Captain’s Club member identification number today.” 

We had our double points posted yesterday + 1 extra night ( 3) for the Power Up ‘ Go Green reduced Laundry.’

Edited by upwarduk

18 hours ago, 38anchor said:

Just wondering if anyone has yet had a refund due to 3rd party Covid testing. We sailed 17th July and submitted the details and receipts and have had nothing back. We did get the standard 'thank you for your email' reply. Thanks in advance x

Thanks for reminding me to chase the refund for Covid test, 38anchor.  Lucky you, with that wonderful sunshine!  We were on the next sailing, 23rd July, with quite different weather 🙄😔  although a lovely experience!

On another matter, (upwarduk)  how/ where do I find out about Double Points please?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, laslomas said:

Chic nights are usually on sea days. They always have been on my cruises. I was pleased to see a good few dressing up on my 3rd July cruise. Definitely not as dressy as in the past, which I really miss - but still being followed by many.

Usually but it doesn't work on the 8 and 9 night ones around the UK as 2 of the sea days are the first and last nights.

12 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I copied this when we booked on 30/04/21, in case we didn’t get our double points.

”Now through 28 August, Classic members and above will earn double Club Points on our newly announced sailings aboard Celebrity Silhouette when you book a balcony stateroom or higher.* Simply book with your Captain’s Club member identification number today.” 

We had our double points posted yesterday + 1 extra night ( 3) for the Power Up ‘ Go Green reduced Laundry.’

Thank you...I didn't know about this and have just signed up