Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

On 8/30/2021 at 6:28 PM, chemmo said:

It isn’t usually....numerous cruises on several boats but these are different times...Perhaps on some cruises they are trying to limit numbers in the buffet?

Don’t be disappointed if it isn’t open port days....

It should be. They advertise it as breakfast, lunch and dinner on the web and on the app.

1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

It should be. They advertise it as breakfast, lunch and dinner on the web and on the app.

This is not the ‘usual’, the usual is breakfast and dinner all days and lunch on sea days....

Whilst I have no idea if they have changed the ‘usual’ in these different times I also know that neither the web or app can be always relied on...

There is also the issue that things may change during each cruise...

On a different note, after boarding day, we have rarely visited Luminae at lunch...There is a definite limit to how much food one can enjoy!

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

On the App..
It only shows lunch on day one.

If you look at Day 2 to Day 7 it shows Breakfast and Dinner.

“Reserved exclusively for Celebrity Suite class guests, Luminae offers complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our modern, eclectic menu changes every day, and you won't find our dishes prepared in any other restaurant onboard.”

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

This is not the ‘usual’, the usual is breakfast and dinner all days and lunch on sea days....

Whilst I have no idea if they have changed the ‘usual’ in these different times I also know that neither the web or app can be always relied on...

There is also the issue that things may change during each cruise...

On a different note, after boarding day, we have rarely visited Luminae at lunch...There is a definite limit to how much food one can enjoy!

Not according to the website adverting . If that is wrong then they need the change it.

I do however agree with you re the limit to the amount of food I can eat.😀

10 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Not according to the website adverting . If that is wrong then they need the change it.

I do however agree with you re the limit to the amount of food I can eat.😀

There are a few things on the website that are open to different interpretations...

Don’t miss the boarding day lunch, however, we are skipping breakfast at our hotel to make space for it. The burgers really are very good....

6 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

Don't forget the lobster roll as well!

Now that means I will have to succumb to two Luminae lunches as well as enjoying one in The Porch and one in Sushi....My plan to enjoy breakfast and dinner but skip lunch is looking in danger of collapse and we haven’t even boarded yet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Am hoping to try Luminae for lunch on the 18th. Hopefully time with the 1-1.30 check in slot. I will definitely be planning to be eating lunch there on sea days. DW may not as can be puritanical about meals. I may even be in there alone for breakfast as she enjoys the healthy Aqua Cafe. 

Am on month 2 of healthy evening meals from Gousto. Mainly veggie. Am starving. Hopefully will not embarrass myself on the cruise😀

• Haha 2

On 8/30/2021 at 11:40 AM, Gingercruiser said:

I am currently on the Silhouette and live on Anglesey. There are Eurofins testing in Caernarfon and Llanrwst. Very quick and got my results back next morning 

Yey, Gingercruiser! I grew up on Anglesey and have just returned home to Northamptonshire after spending a week up there visiting my parents. 
Sorry to butt in to the thread, but couldn’t resist 😂

1 hour ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Am hoping to try Luminae for lunch on the 18th. Hopefully time with the 1-1.30 check in slot. I will definitely be planning to be eating lunch there on sea days. DW may not as can be puritanical about meals. I may even be in there alone for breakfast as she enjoys the healthy Aqua Cafe. 

Am on month 2 of healthy evening meals from Gousto. Mainly veggie. Am starving. Hopefully will not embarrass myself on the cruise😀

One criticism we have with most of the entrees in Luminae is the lack of vegetables. On some dishes the veg is more of a ‘garnish’ than a side! Should be a real change from your Gousto healthy options! You can request extra vegetables or a side salad if you wish.

It would be useful if someone could confirm the lunchtime opening times of Luminae on sailaway day...I seem to remember 12 - 1.30pm? 

6 minutes ago, chemmo said:

It would be useful if someone could confirm the lunchtime opening times of Luminae on sailaway day...I seem to remember 12 - 1.30pm? 

The app is currently showing 11:30am - 2:00pm for our cruise.

As ever, times can and do vary...

22 minutes ago, chemmo said:

One criticism we have with most of the entrees in Luminae is the lack of vegetables. On some dishes the veg is more of a ‘garnish’ than a side! Should be a real change from your Gousto healthy options! You can request extra vegetables or a side salad if you wish.

I always order a plate of vegetables as a side dish, it isn't a meal without!!

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

There are a few things on the website that are open to different interpretations...

Don’t miss the boarding day lunch, however, we are skipping breakfast at our hotel to make space for it. The burgers really are very good....

On recent UK staycation cruises the boarding day lunch for Concierge guests was not being offered. It was scheduled for one of the sea days - so pretty much like just another lunch!

Don't bank on it being offered for your cruise.

On board Silhouette at moment . Only 800 passengers on board this week, I've heard a rumour that there's only 400 next week .

On the second day we heard that two of the entertainment staff had tested positive and thus all the singers and dancers were isolating. So there's been no production shows at all but the cruise director has done an amazing job getting last minute headliners so there's been a show each night 

1 hour ago, Tipsy252 said:

On recent UK staycation cruises the boarding day lunch for Concierge guests was not being offered. It was scheduled for one of the sea days - so pretty much like just another lunch!

From what I have followed the Luminae lunch has been available on boarding although the concierge lunch has not....Has Luminae been closed on any cruises boarding day?

1 hour ago, Tipsy252 said:

Hello,

The only thing that made it remotely like the Concierge Guests' Lunch was that the Concierge Menu was available as well as the regular MDR menu. And it wasn't as if the concierge guests were seated, if not together then within earshot, we were spread far and wide.

I raised an eyebrow when I saw drinks' prices at the bottom of the CG menu as on my last X cruise CG Lunch came with free wine - not that it affected me though as I had the drinks package.

Regards,

Cublet

Absolutely stressed out. Had Eurofins test yesterday morning at 9am still no results so contacted them. Been on the phone for nearly an hour and they have no idea where the tests are, all they keep saying is they have no record of them receiving them from the test center......

Has anybody else had this experience?

Setting off for Southampton in the morning no idea if we will be allowed on the ship.

Mixture of being upset, angry and very fed up!

Edited by woodards

26 minutes ago, woodards said:

Setting off for Southampton in the morning no idea if we will be allowed on the ship.

Where were you tested?
We had ours at a Travel Agents in Holmfirth at 10.20 & 10.30 on a Tuesday.

When our results hadn’t arrived mid evening on the Wednesday, I emailed them and was told that the results would be with us that evening. They were, at a few minutes to midnight.

I was surprised that they had gone to Wolverhampton from West Yorkshire, I’m sure there is a testing centre in Leeds.

Apparently you will be tested at the port, if your results haven’t reached Celebrity.

We were tested in Driffield.  Eurofins can't trace the tests, so in essence they are lost.

They pointed us to a test at the port but that's just not at all what we wanted and chose this holiday to stop any stress before leaving home.

59 minutes ago, woodards said:

Absolutely stressed out. Had Eurofins test yesterday morning at 9am still no results so contacted them. Been on the phone for nearly an hour and they have no idea where the tests are, all they keep saying is they have no record of them receiving them from the test center......

Don't stress. Celebrity has rapid testing available in the terminal at Southampton. If the results haven't turned up (they go direct to Celebrity as well as to you) it will sorted quickly.

1 hour ago, woodards said:

Lots, we were behind a couple at check in and the man insisted he didn’t even know he needed a test - all sorted.