Stateroom flowers

fatcat04

I know this is very random but I love having fresh flowers in our stateroom. Just adds to the vacation spirit and just how I roll. 

I don't see fresh flowers for the cabin as a prepurchase option on MSC BUT can I bring on fresh flowers from the market and a plastic vase to put them in for our cabin? (obviously, they will not leave the ship at any port or at disembarkation) I know some cruise lines will allow this, just curious if anyone has done this on MSC. 

44 minutes ago, MotownVoice said:

I mean, if they fit in the big plastic shopping bag along with the artisan tablecloths and local souvenirs you bought, I don't see how it could be an issue.

You'd assume, that is if the ports allows it. Just like to ask.  I normally just buy them via the cruise line website but didn't find them on MSC. We are driving to this cruise so easy enough to bring my own short plastic vase and stop off at a Publix to get something pretty. 

I have known many people on many cruises on many cruise lines that purchase flowers at a local port and have never had any issue with them being brought aboard their ship.

I have not checked, but I would be surprised if MSC did not have an option for some fresh flowers to be delivered to your stateroom on the day you embarked.  

I have no experience bringing flowers aboard, but I do order flowers ahead. Ask the concierge to contact the port agent at the next port of call, and tell them how much you want to spend and what kind of arrangement. I ask for local/native flowers at about $60. Here are examples of what I received in the Caribbean.

76652136-A56D-4408-99DC-BF51FF7DA74B.heic BCA8A8FC-789D-433E-846B-40488EDE6B3F.heic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

I have known many people on many cruises on many cruise lines that purchase flowers at a local port and have never had any issue with them being brought aboard their ship.

This has been a popular practice in Seattle. Those boarding for Alaska cruises, purchase fresh bouquets at Pike Place Market and bring them onboard. I regularly bring roses on our cruise as it is on our anniversary each year. ( missed last year ,sigh)

with CDC and Covid restrictions, I would think the ship order route may be the best idea now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fatcat04 said:

I know this is very random but I love having fresh flowers in our stateroom. Just adds to the vacation spirit and just how I roll. 

I don't see fresh flowers for the cabin as a prepurchase option on MSC BUT can I bring on fresh flowers from the market and a plastic vase to put them in for our cabin? (obviously, they will not leave the ship at any port or at disembarkation) I know some cruise lines will allow this, just curious if anyone has done this on MSC. 

I am totally with you on this!
I always have flowers in our room or cabin when we travel. Walked for 1 hour in Barcelona once just to find a market with flowers . 🌺🌸🌼🌹

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

I have no experience bringing flowers aboard, but I do order flowers ahead. Ask the concierge to contact the port agent at the next port of call, and tell them how much you want to spend and what kind of arrangement. I ask for local/native flowers at about $60. Here are examples of what I received in the Caribbean.

76652136-A56D-4408-99DC-BF51FF7DA74B.heic 1.5 MB · 1 download BCA8A8FC-789D-433E-846B-40488EDE6B3F.heic 1.19 MB · 2 downloads

Wow, those arrangements are beautiful. We’re these on a MSC cruise?

• 1 year later...

On our last three MSC cruises , in Caribbean, we were not able to have flowers.

I asked Concierge , in YC, if he could order flowers for me from next port ((Nassau).  He said it is not possible . MSC does not allow flowers brought onboard.

I did notice that there were no fresh flowers onboard. Not in YC lounge, restaurant etc.  

MSC does seem to like dried, dead plants on the Divina.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 1:40 PM, blueslily said:

Anyone have an update on this topic. I am interesting in having flowers in our cabin later this year. Wonder if anything has changed recently. 

Me too - I’m probably going to just bring on in New York but would have rather they just handled it for me.