I miss Princess bran muffins...

GottaLuvCruising

I miss a lot of things about cruising.  I miss being on the ocean, the excitement of boarding a new ship and making new friends.  But I begin every cruise day with a Princess bran muffin.  I have reached out here and to the cruise line directly, but nobody wanted to share a recipe.  Today I found one online and made a batch.  They are very good!  This recipe makes a tender sweet bran muffin, very similar to what Princess offers, but a lighter color.  I mixed up a batch and have the bowl in the frig so I can bake a few each morning.  

Bran Muffin Recipe - Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts (dinnersdishesanddesserts.com)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GottaLuvCruising said:

I miss a lot of things about cruising.  I miss being on the ocean, the excitement of boarding a new ship and making new friends.  But I begin every cruise day with a Princess bran muffin.  I have reached out here and to the cruise line directly, but nobody wanted to share a recipe.  Today I found one online and made a batch.  They are very good!  This recipe makes a tender sweet bran muffin, very similar to what Princess offers, but a lighter color.  I mixed up a batch and have the bowl in the frig so I can bake a few each morning.  

Bran Muffin Recipe - Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts (dinnersdishesanddesserts.com)

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

This morning I baked fresh muffins from the refrigerated batter.  They were wonderful, every bit as good as those baked yesterday.  Again the texture and flavor are very much like Princess bran muffins.  Hubby loves them, too.   

I might try dark brown sugar next or perhaps a little molasses next time.  

• Like 1

It's interesting to me that I think all of us have favorite memories of specific items we have eaten during our cruises.  While I do eat bran muffins from time to time, I don't recall having one during a Princess cruise.  Blueberry Muffins are my favorite muffin.  And, Princess does make an excellent version of that.   

Croissants are my favorite breakfast bread.  Bakers on most ships make very good to excellent ones and Princess has been no exception.  

• Like 1