Oasis of the Seas Solarium Bistro Dinner

On 5/31/2021 at 8:33 PM, coldflame said:

It's absolutely awful, don't bother go elsewhere, avoid at all costs ...

....Just kidding, pre-covid it was our favorite "secret" spot for dinner and breakfast, so trying to keep the masses away. To your question, it's your choice. If you want something not in the buffet line, you can order off a limited menu and that's cooked in the galley. However, I'd say what they offer is in the buffet is better than 'jammer and MDRs and we rarely ordered anything off the menu.

Thank You

On 5/31/2021 at 6:57 PM, Defender1158 said:

In the recent past, Solerium Bristo has been buffet for salad, appetizers and desert, but menu table service for entries.  Oasis has an excellent venue.

/Greg

Thanks

Back in 2019 they gave us a hard time about moving our reservation around to an earlier time despite it being dead, and they were adamant about not taking any walk-ins (again even with their less than 1/4 capacity status). We just didn't even try in 2020, but I am wanting to give it another shot this October.

• 6 months later...

We were on Oasis sailing this past Nov. 28.  We enjoyed breakfast and one dinner in the Solarium Bistro.  I made a reservation for the dinner.  There was the usual buffet where you pointed to what you wanted and were served, and there was also a small menu of entrees.  I opted just to get my dinner from the large choice in the buffet, my husband did that and also ordered snapper from the menu, he said it was great.  I like Mediterranean food, so was very happy with the selection.  Very pretty and peaceful place.

On 12/15/2021 at 1:20 AM, relaxatsea said:

We were on Oasis sailing this past Nov. 28.  We enjoyed breakfast and one dinner in the Solarium Bistro.  I made a reservation for the dinner.  There was the usual buffet where you pointed to what you wanted and were served, and there was also a small menu of entrees.  I opted just to get my dinner from the large choice in the buffet, my husband did that and also ordered snapper from the menu, he said it was great.  I like Mediterranean food, so was very happy with the selection.  Very pretty and peaceful place.

Thanks -- that's what I was hoping to hear.  We may go there for dinner once or twice on Harmony.  

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

turns out, unvaxxed children were not allowed at any time at the Solarium bistro.

On 6/2/2021 at 1:57 PM, lovelife said:

Yes they are.

Yep, my response back then was pertaining to prior to the Comeback and was before we knew of vax and unvax protocols. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Currently on Oasis

You can reserve ahead of time, we didn’t for breakfast.

Venue is V* Vaccinated only.

see below YMMV for current times and dinner menu

60E59FF2-B085-4DA7-802D-50750F4ADCA8.png

DEF0EE4D-55B6-4B5A-A4C4-F7F24604B5EC.png

F433CB1C-339F-4083-9694-B3AC20EA54FB.png

89228346-D0C8-4EF1-B93C-9809F5DBB0CC.png

AE23453B-644E-4158-AF74-D398F06B7872.png

51073AFE-B18A-4FFE-85F2-856D0BE02BBA.png

I see the V in my app.  Like that even though we've had the boosters.  

Do you need reservations for breakfast or only for dinner? 

The menu looks interesting -- especially for appetizers and salads.  Are all the entrées items that you order?  

They have an adequate wine list with glasses we can order that are covered by our D+ drinks appended to our cards.  

15 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I see the V in my app.  Like that even though we've had the boosters.  

Do you need reservations for breakfast or only for dinner? 

The menu looks interesting -- especially for appetizers and salads.  Are all the entrées items that you order?  

They have an adequate wine list with glasses we can order that are covered by our D+ drinks appended to our cards.  

We never had reservations for breakfast, we were asked to tap our SeaPass when we entered regardless.

(Guessing they are just tracking who is eating where)

Have noticed a lot of card tapping, WJ included 😉

To Note:
When we passed Bistro one evening it was very busy, so I would say probably best to make a reservation.

drink list to follow 

4 hours ago, PompeySailor said:

We have used our D+ drinks vouchers in ALL speciality restaurants, no issues whatsoever 👍🏻

There seems to be a varied spread of by the glass purchases available form restaurant to restaurant.

Hopefully you see one you like 🍷 

C9EEF205-77D5-44C1-89DB-BE0AFC186044.png

83852FF9-3CD2-4690-97A4-6BD0BECC3F67.png

7C02C1F8-2A79-4AF7-B640-AE155BCEBA93.png

5DB6F072-FB6B-43F6-A5FD-179480326F5E.png

DA0FFD18-58B8-415B-8171-B002D842AB65.png

D37C42F7-569F-4CCF-B4E0-F32333429FCA.png

I saw a few "by the glass wines" that I'd like to order.  

On 12/16/2021 at 9:30 PM, lovelife said:
  On 6/2/2021 at 1:57 PM, lovelife said:

Yes they are.

Yep, my response back then was pertaining to prior to the Comeback and was before we knew of vax and unvax protocols. 

yeah, I know. I just thought I'd update the info. 🙂 Who knew things would be THIS different, right?

Good news is that next time DS should be able to eat at the Bistro.