SPECIALTY DINING AS A SOLO

victory2020

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

can you reserve the same restaurant more than once with the dining package?

You can use the credits in any way you wish, as long as it's one per night.

I was solo on the Joy before the pandemic. I loved it!  I was in the Haven, and once I mentioned I liked sitting by the window in the Haven Restaurant, they always sat me there. In specialty restaurants they could not be more accommodating. I made friends with the people sitting next to me. I brought a book, but never needed it. 

Have fun, and embrace the solo experience. Your rules, your trip! 😉

22 hours ago, victory2020 said:

That sounds fun - does the Getaway have the teppanyaki & can you reserve the same restaurant more than once with the dining package?

Yes Getaway has Teppanyaki. I'm not sure about dining more than once with the package.

Thank you all for your help. I booked the dining package & was able to make reservations already. For Ocean Blue it only gave me option to book for 4 people. Is this normal or are all the small tables booked already? I booked Teppanyaki for 1st night as I figure i may meet some people that way. I need advice on my 4th dining selection, have the two mentioned plus Cagney's. What other one should I book on the Getaway?

Other then maybe peak peak time, I haven't had much trouble getting a table as a walk-up.

Talk to the hostess early in the seating and they'll give you a better sense of what's availalble and when.  If you're flexible, shouldn't be a problem.

11 hours ago, victory2020 said:

Thank you all for your help. I booked the dining package & was able to make reservations already. For Ocean Blue it only gave me option to book for 4 people. Is this normal or are all the small tables booked already? I booked Teppanyaki for 1st night as I figure i may meet some people that way. I need advice on my 4th dining selection, have the two mentioned plus Cagney's. What other one should I book on the Getaway?

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/whats-on-board/Specialty-Dining

You can go to the same restaurant again if you liked their food or try other ones like Le Bistro and La Cucina.

8 hours ago, poohdreaming said:

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/whats-on-board/Specialty-Dining

You can go to the same restaurant again if you liked their food or try other ones like Le Bistro and La Cucina.

Thank you, the menus help! Seems like the Teppanyaki isn't as good of a deal as Le Bistro or Ocean Blue - I seem to like those menus better. If I change would I be missing something by not going to Teppanyaki?

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Thank you, the menus help! Seems like the Teppanyaki isn't as good of a deal as Le Bistro or Ocean Blue - I seem to like those menus better. If I change would I be missing something by not going to Teppanyaki?

All my previous cruises, I have never went to Teppanyaki and do not miss out on it.

If you like rice with grilled beef / egg / shrimp / chicken and some types of performance, then this is Teppanyaki for you. I believe their dessert is green tea ice cream or fruits.

50 minutes ago, poohdreaming said:

All my previous cruises, I have never went to Teppanyaki and do not miss out on it.

If you like rice with grilled beef / egg / shrimp / chicken and some types of performance, then this is Teppanyaki for you. I believe their dessert is green tea ice cream or fruits.

Might be fun but I'd probably like the other restaurants better after your description. I didn't see a dessert menu for the other places listed= is it online somewhere?