Where does third person sleep in Koningsdam Verandah room?

jlynchtx

I am thinking about booking my first Alaska cruise and first Holland America cruise on the Koningsdam for summer of 2022. it will be wife and i and possibly our 16 year old son. Where does the third person sleep in the verandah rooms? Is there a pulldown? Do I need to choose only certain rooms?  It is very hard to tell anything from the pictures online and I can't find any information.

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, jlynchtx said:

I am thinking about booking my first Alaska cruise and first Holland America cruise on the Koningsdam for summer of 2022. it will be wife and i and possibly our 16 year old son. Where does the third person sleep in the verandah rooms? Is there a pulldown? Do I need to choose only certain rooms?  It is very hard to tell anything from the pictures online and I can't find any information.

Thanks!

If you look at the Stateroom symbols, you will see there are Quad rooms and Triple.  Some are pull down from the ceiling like a bunk bed.  Another is a pull out sofa/loveseat.  If you do a search on "Koningsdam Stateroom pdf" you will see all of the staterooms and the legend for each.  Then, you can go to halfacts.com and see pictures for many of the staterooms posted by former cruisers.  

If you download the PDF of the ship, you can tell which staterooms sleep 3. Those should have a sofa bed.

From the Homepage, select "our stunning ships" then select whichever ship you are interested in. Scroll to the bottom and download the file.

@AKJonesy also gave you goo info.

4 hours ago, jlynchtx said:

Thanks!

In general, a room rated for 3 will use the sofa (lengthwise). The ceiling pull-down bunk will be the fourth. Rare exceptions may occur.