Speciality dinning on Britannia

Lanky Lad

3 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

I am celebrating a special anniversary in July on Britannia and would like a special meal.  What would you recommend?

The Epicurean for a bit of posh grub, or the Limelight for a nice meal in lovely surroundings, with added entertainment. 

Have a great time, 

Andy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

Thanks, this will be the first cruise since October 2019.  We have had six cancelled, including two that were booked as replacements.  We can't wait to be on a ship again.

I know exactly how you feel, we got back from our last cruise September 2019, it’s been far too long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

I completely agree with the Epicurean, great food, great drink and great service. I will be in there at least one night on our 4 night cruise.

We have a 4 night coming up in August.

Epicurean.

Sindu.

Glass House 

Limelight .

Sorry MDR, perhaps next time.🤔

56 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have a 4 night coming up in August.

Epicurean.

Sindu.

Glass House 

Limelight .

Sorry MDR, perhaps next time.🤔

Sorry not a great fan of the Sindu and the Limelight is in theory a good idea but we had the worst service every in there, on par with CMV. Had no problems in the rest of the ship.

24 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry not a great fan of the Sindu and the Limelight is in theory a good idea but we had the worst service every in there, on par with CMV. Had no problems in the rest of the ship.

The menu in Sindu needs a makeover, but we haven't been on board for over 2 years. Agreed the food in the Limelight isn't memorable, but it's a good experience if the entertainment is good. We should have been on Iona to the Fjords in August. Gary was to be on board. Perhaps he will make an appearance on Brittania instead. If the Star cabaret is Eric and Ern, off to the Beach House or MDR instead.🤣

Edited by zap99
  • Haha 1

Sindhu is awful since P&O parted ways with Atul Kochhar.  We've been in twice since he left, never again.

Limelight club is good if you get the right artist on, as Zap99 said I wouldn't bother if Eric and Ern is on again.  One of the best we saw was Dean Andrews, superb voice and the banter with his piano player was brilliant.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thornegirl said:

Sindhu is awful since P&O parted ways with Atul Kochhar.  We've been in twice since he left, never again.

Limelight club is good if you get the right artist on, as Zap99 said I wouldn't bother if Eric and Ern is on again.  One of the best we saw was Dean Andrews, superb voice and the banter with his piano player was brilliant.

I agree with regards to Sindhu it has certainly gone down bank since Atul left but I wouldnt say it is awful.

17 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Thanks for the advice Epicurean it is.

You’re in for a treat - it’s wonderful 

Not sure if it’s still the case but in “normal” times they have two menus and alternate them daily. Might be worth checking if one suits you more than the other before booking. 

Enjoy the Epicurean...the right choice, I think, for a proper celebratory meal for such an occasion...ok, for any occasion; it’s sublime.

I really enjoyed Sindu each time, but not a patch on the Epicurean. I found the Limelight food serviceable: nothing at all bad by any means, but nothing that great: kind of like a trying-to-be-elevated TV dinner type meal, with a bit of glitz and stuff going on!