Carnival Horizon and Vista approved for test sailings

lobster1313

And now the nail biting begins. :classic_biggrin: 

Who's on first? The good news continues to dribble in, so can we start being happy now? I'm sooo tired of all the doom and gloom that so many has forced upon  us this past year +. 

It's time to get started down to business people, and start contributing to what to do WHEN we start sailing again. Like what destination ports will accept cruise travelers, what's  the best deal in Puerta Maya at the silver shops, etc, etc. ?

((just my humble opinion from a simple country boy from the ranges in North Texas)

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

And now the nail biting begins. :classic_biggrin: 

Who's on first? The good news continues to dribble in, so can we start being happy now? I'm sooo tired of all the doom and gloom that so many has forced upon  us this past year +. 

It's time to get started down to business people, and start contributing to what to do WHEN we start sailing again. Like what destination ports will accept cruise travelers, what's  the best deal in Puerta Maya at the silver shops, etc, etc. ?

((just my humble opinion from a simple country boy from the ranges in North Texas)

Yes, I am ready to leave the virus talk behind and focus on cruising.  It's very exciting that the ships are arriving at the ports and scheduling test cruises so we can get rolling.  This is the first year that I have a cruise booked during hurricane season and haven't even thought about it.  LOL.  I have had two September cruises completely rerouted due to hurricanes.

9 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Yes, I am ready to leave the virus talk behind and focus on cruising.  It's very exciting that the ships are arriving at the ports and scheduling test cruises so we can get rolling.  This is the first year that I have a cruise booked during hurricane season and haven't even thought about it.  LOL.  I have had two September cruises completely rerouted due to hurricanes.

LOL. I never even thought of the hurricane season when we were booking our 2 cancelled cruises. Both of  our cancelled bookings, were DURING the hurricane season. I'm not concerned or worried about it in the least. If I"m on a ship and it approaches ,our capitan will see it well in advance and steer around it. We are scheduled on the Vista Aug. 21. Smack dab in the hurricane season. How ' bout that for timing?

I hope the rerouting didn't affect you all to much.  I would tend to think of it as an adventure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Surrender? How so? 

I hold out that Carnival isn't going to do test cruises and will go the vaccinated route because that haven't given a date for the test cruises. Most cruisers want vaccinated cruises and it is the safest way to restart cruising.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I hold out that Carnival isn't going to do test cruises and will go the vaccinated route because that haven't given a date for the test cruises. Most cruisers want vaccinated cruises and it is the safest way to restart cruising.

Well the Breeze wasn’t on the list and neither was the Miracle so maybe Carnival will offer some sailings on other ships as fully vaccinated? 

9 hours ago, Joe817 said:

LOL. I never even thought of the hurricane season when we were booking our 2 cancelled cruises. Both of  our cancelled bookings, were DURING the hurricane season. I'm not concerned or worried about it in the least. If I"m on a ship and it approaches ,our capitan will see it well in advance and steer around it. We are scheduled on the Vista Aug. 21. Smack dab in the hurricane season. How ' bout that for timing?

I hope the rerouting didn't affect you all to much.  I would tend to think of it as an adventure. 

One was rerouted from eastern to western and the other from Bermuda to the Bahamas.  Both times the ships were rerouted to PERFECT weather.  It was a bummer to be rerouted, but the cruises were still great and the weather was fantastic.

6 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Where do you get "most" cruisers want vaccinated cruises? You're not even the majority on CC.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2778439-proof-of-vax-or-not-would-you-cruise/

7 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

Where do you get "most" cruisers want vaccinated cruises? You're not even the majority on CC.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2778439-proof-of-vax-or-not-would-you-cruise/

Real polls. I've never seen a scientific poll on CC and that one doesn't even ask the right question. But from another CC poll

It certainly appears that cruise fans are on board with vaccination requirements. In a recent survey of nearly 3,000 Cruise Critic readers, 84% of respondents said they would cruise if getting vaccinated was a requirement. “And anecdotally, we’re hearing from a number of cruisers that it’s the only way they’d feel comfortable returning at this time,” said Colleen McDaniel, the outlet’s editor in chief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Real polls. I've never seen a scientific poll on CC and that one doesn't even ask the right question. But from another CC poll

It certainly appears that cruise fans are on board with vaccination requirements. In a recent survey of nearly 3,000 Cruise Critic readers, 84% of respondents said they would cruise if getting vaccinated was a requirement. “And anecdotally, we’re hearing from a number of cruisers that it’s the only way they’d feel comfortable returning at this time,” said Colleen McDaniel, the outlet’s editor in chief.

That's not really asking the right question either. That's just saying 84% "would" cruise if a vaccine was required and not that they "want" it that way. I'm vaccinated and would cruise either way (vaxed or unvaxed). 

1 minute ago, d12j28 said:

That's not really asking the right question either. That's just saying 84% "would" cruise if a vaccine was required and not that they "want" it that way. I'm vaccinated and would cruise either way (vaxed or unvaxed). 

I agree. I have seen polls with a more appropriate question of, "Would you prefer vaccinations to be required..."

https://news.yahoo.com/80-cruise-enthusiasts-prefer-sail-003200559.html

8 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I agree. I have seen polls with a more appropriate question of, "Would you prefer vaccinations to be required..."

https://news.yahoo.com/80-cruise-enthusiasts-prefer-sail-003200559.html

It is interesting that 80% on this poll want vaccinated cruises and yet the US isn't even at 50% fully vaccinated. I'd be willing to bet that number would be a lot lower if not asked to just people on a cruise forum and also from what @regoowinjr stated about children.

2 minutes ago, d12j28 said:

It is interesting that 80% on this poll want vaccinated cruises and yet the US isn't even at 50% fully vaccinated. I'd be willing to bet that number would be a lot lower if not asked to just people on a cruise forum and also from what @regoowinjr stated about children.

I bet the majority of Americans have never been on a cruise. I have seen other, similar polls, but deniers gonna deny.

Looks like I will be pushing back, or getting a refund on my october cruise, there is NO WAY being fully vaccanated will I were my mask at all times on a ship. I will not take my mask off just to take a sip of a drink and put it back on, I will not do the same just to take a bite of food.  If that is what you think a fun cruise is good for you, but that does not sound like fun to me.

7 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

Looks like I will be pushing back, or getting a refund on my october cruise, there is NO WAY being fully vaccanated will I were my mask at all times on a ship. I will not take my mask off just to take a sip of a drink and put it back on, I will not do the same just to take a bite of food.  If that is what you think a fun cruise is good for you, but that does not sound like fun to me.

I read the CDC requirements are different for fully vaccinated cruises.  You can take off your mask while dining and lounging by the pool.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jedi bobs said:

One of the reasons Christine gave to justify vaccines was to give cruisers an enjoyable experience (or something like that) which I interpret as being less restrictive.

11 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Easy for you to say lol. I was on conquest when Ike hit and never saw my car again. Allstate was the last insurance company to arrive and evaluate my car. To say I have no worry would be a lie. 

But then I lost a almost brand new car because I was on a carnival cruise. They didnt allow us to cancel, a no show you lost your cruisefare. Most didnt have hurricane insurance. I boarded sunday and hurricane hit friday night before someone says we should have known ike would take a dog leg the last 24 hours. The forecasters were wrong.

So I'm praying to not be near another hurricane. Dont care if it changes my cruise, i do care if it hits Galveston. I just bought a new Nissan rogue last nov. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Easy for you to say lol. I was on conquest when Ike hit and never saw my car again. Allstate was the last insurance company to arrive and evaluate my car. To say I have no worry would be a lie. 

But then I lost a almost brand new car because I was on a carnival cruise. They didnt allow us to cancel, a no show you lost your cruisefare. Most didnt have hurricane insurance. I boarded sunday and hurricane hit friday night before someone says we should have known ike would take a dog leg the last 24 hours. The forecasters were wrong.

So I'm praying to not be near another hurricane. Dont care if it changes my cruise, i do care if it hits Galveston. I just bought a new Nissan rogue last nov. 

I remember when that happened.  That was a nightmare for so many people.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

I bet the majority of Americans have never been on a cruise. I have seen other, similar polls, but deniers gonna deny.

Right, because we all know how skewed polls can be. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1