Coco Beach Club

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

$75 is probably the max we would pay for the beach club, definitely not going to throw money away and pay $185 pp they want currently.    but then I would never pay the price for the cabanas either but some people have money to burn and enjoy that environment.   I've spent enough time with my family this last year I need to meet and speak with others. 

You have a point there about enough time with the family 😄 for our Freedom cruise, we will have our daughter with us after her first semester away at college. I think we will enjoy her company! Our Oasis cruise will be with my cousin and her husband, and we love spending time together. Hopefully we still will after sharing a 2 bdrm suite for the first time 😅

• Like 1

New CDC rule, I guess there will only be one ship at a time at Coco Cay: 

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard Adventure of the Seas for our July 31, 2021 sailing and have an itinerary change to share with you.

The CDC has recently established guidelines that allow only one ship in port at a time. As a result, we’ve adjusted our itinerary and swapped the order we’ll visit Perfect Day at CocoCay, Cozumel, and Grand Bahama Island. The good news is, we’re still visiting the same extraordinary destinations on our itinerary - just in a different order! Below, please find our revised itinerary. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 PM

Sun

Perfect Day at CocoCay

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Cozumel, Mexico

6:00 PM

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Grand Bahama Island

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Fri

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

6:00 AM

We can’t wait to welcome you to the Bahamas and Mexico! In Cozumel, explore Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world, and its surrounding pyramids. Relax on one of the best beaches, Paradise Beach, or discover Parque Chankanaab’s lush botanical garden located less than 4 miles away from the port. Then in Grand Bahama Island, hike Rand Nature Center’s forest-lined trails and discover cascading waterfalls at the Garden of the Groves. Or, if relaxing is more your style, sip on a fruity Bahama Mama while enjoying the views of the crystal-clear waters from one of the postcard-perfect beaches this island has to offer. After that, you’ll experience Perfect Day at CocoCay, a private destination unlike any in the world. While there, lounge in the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, Oasis Lagoon, or take the plunge down North America’s tallest waterslide, Daredevil’s Peak! When hunger strikes, stop by Captain Jack’s for savory wings and fries or indulge in all-you-can-eat tacos and guac at Skipper’s Grill. Whether you’re looking for thrills or simply want to chill, these ports have something for everyone!

Our Shore Excursions team will automatically reschedule any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions affected by this change. In the next few days, your updated tour information will be e-mailed to you. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Planner.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Adventure of the Seas!

Sincerely,

12 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

New CDC rule, I guess there will only be one ship at a time at Coco Cay: 

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you onboard Adventure of the Seas for our July 31, 2021 sailing and have an itinerary change to share with you.

The CDC has recently established guidelines that allow only one ship in port at a time. As a result, we’ve adjusted our itinerary and swapped the order we’ll visit Perfect Day at CocoCay, Cozumel, and Grand Bahama Island. The good news is, we’re still visiting the same extraordinary destinations on our itinerary - just in a different order! Below, please find our revised itinerary. 

Day

Port of Call

Arrive

Depart

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 PM

Sun

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Mon

Cruising

Tue

Cozumel, Mexico

6:00 PM

Wed

Cruising

Thu

Grand Bahama Island

7:00 AM

4:00 PM

Fri

Perfect Day at CocoCay

Sat

Nassau, Bahamas

6:00 AM

We can’t wait to welcome you to the Bahamas and Mexico! In Cozumel, explore Chichen Itza, one of the seven wonders of the world, and its surrounding pyramids. Relax on one of the best beaches, Paradise Beach, or discover Parque Chankanaab’s lush botanical garden located less than 4 miles away from the port. Then in Grand Bahama Island, hike Rand Nature Center’s forest-lined trails and discover cascading waterfalls at the Garden of the Groves. Or, if relaxing is more your style, sip on a fruity Bahama Mama while enjoying the views of the crystal-clear waters from one of the postcard-perfect beaches this island has to offer. After that, you’ll experience Perfect Day at CocoCay, a private destination unlike any in the world. While there, lounge in the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, Oasis Lagoon, or take the plunge down North America’s tallest waterslide, Daredevil’s Peak! When hunger strikes, stop by Captain Jack’s for savory wings and fries or indulge in all-you-can-eat tacos and guac at Skipper’s Grill. Whether you’re looking for thrills or simply want to chill, these ports have something for everyone!

Our Shore Excursions team will automatically reschedule any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions affected by this change. In the next few days, your updated tour information will be e-mailed to you. In the meantime, feel free to browse all the exciting shore excursion options for your sailing in Cruise Planner.

Thanks for your understanding. We can’t wait to welcome you onboard Adventure of the Seas!

Sincerely,

Someone at the CDC is watching CC...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do they realize that, one ship in port won't be possible once all the ships get sailing.

I don't think I have ever been on a ship where we were the only one in port at most of the islands, the private islands being the exception to that.

Edited by mauraoel

2 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

Do they realize that, one ship in port won't be possible once all the ships get sailing.

I don't think I have ever been on a ship where we were the only one in port at most of the islands, the private islands being the exception to that.

Yeah, I was surprised to read tis, since there are usual other ships in port at the same time. I have been pretty lucky I guess, we have been to Coco Cay 6 times and only one time were we at Coco Cay with another ship. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When I was at the beach club last jan/feb 2020 I had a large salad, lobster tail and i think eric had steak and lobster. 

I think we paid somewhere around $55 pp last year, I had booked for $46.99 for a may sailing, obviously got cancelled, my next sailing it goes for $180 or $185 pp.  No way is it worth that much.  

Nice relaxing area, but you can find for free.

Nice pool, but not paying that much to lounge by a pool

Nice lunch but you can go to chops cheaper and order lobster for extra.

I dont like to throw money away so I wont book it till I see prices $75 or less pp.

I could be wrong but I don’t believe specialty restaurants are open on port days for lunch.

3 hours ago, Moltar said:

I could be wrong but I don’t believe specialty restaurants are open on port days for lunch.

It varies by ship and by specialty  restaurants.

We have had some open on port days on several past cruises.

Edited by later

1 hour ago, later said:

It varies by ship and by specialty  restaurants.

We have had some open on port days on several past cruises.

In my 18 cruises I never have seen them open on port days.

It’s rare but when we were on NAV a few years ago Izumi was open more than once while we were in PDCC. They didn’t advertise it. We just happened to be on the ship and pass by and see that they were open. That prompted us to check for the rest of our stops (B3B). We got in a couple of times on that trip.  I haven’t seen any of the other restaurants open on port days.

6 hours ago, Moltar said:

They usually are not open port days.  I was simply comparing the price by saying not to waste money at beach club just for their lunch, go to chops for lunch when they are open.

Who knows maybe they will open up for this summer sailings.  Anything is possible.

• Like 1

Everyone is different, and we all enjoy different experiences when we vacation. I thoroughly enjoyed the Beach Club when we went there on our last Anthem  cruise, and I really hope to go back there on our cruise in October.  The setting was extremely nice, service was perfect and the lunch was delicious. When we are on the ship, we usually grab a light lunch/salad from Windjammer, since we have breakfast in Coastal Kitchen and aren’t that hungry.p at lunch. 
So,  I’ve eaten at Chops at dinner a few times, and it’s always good but, I will take a lunch on the beach anytime. 😎.

3 hours ago, Moltar said:

In my 18 cruises I never have seen them open on port days.

Maybe you haven’t but I have eaten at some on port days. I guess we travel on different ships.

playmakers, Johnny Rockets,  chops are a few we have eaten at in 2019 prior to the March 2020 shut down.

note we have never seen one open when at Coco Cay but that was not the question.

Edited by later

7 hours ago, later said:

note we have never seen one open when at Coco Cay but that was not the question.

?????

That’s so strange I could’ve swore we were talking about Coco Beach club at Coco Cay and someone was saying you can eat at Chops for lunch...... but they’re closed at Coco Cay.

Edited by Moltar

4 hours ago, Moltar said:

?????

That’s so strange I could’ve swore we were talking about Coco Beach club at Coco Cay and someone was saying you can eat at Chops for lunch...... but they’re closed at Coco Cay.

He never said lunch at chops just that you could pay less at chops and add the lobster.  I guess you could read into it he meant lunch but I didn’t.

Sorry for my confusing the post.

We are in agreement that they are not open during lunch when at Coco Cay.

again I apologize for any confusion.

happy crusin

-Tim-