Would you book....

alpha0meqa

Hello all,

I/we haven't been on a cruise in about 4 years now. Since then we've had two children (3yr+1yr). We were thinking of booking a cruise on the Mardi Gras in April/May of 2022. We are both vax'd but not sure when the kids will get the greenlight on that front. Most signs point to September/later fall for 2+.

My question is, would you book now if it were you for a trip not knowing if the kids would be able to go? Surely the vaccine for them will be available before March 😮

Thanks for any advice/input in advance!

If the price is right,  I would book it now.  Demand as well as prices for the jewel of Carnival are only going to go up.  If you are really worried about the kids getting vaccinated, you could also look into the Celebration for 2023.  Since it embarks from Miami, you have the option of also flying into Fort Lauderdale. 

• Like 1

No one here knows what carnivals policy is next year out of florida. News comes out so fast even if we knew it would change by then.

Florida departures have the biggest chance of not requiring vaccinated. ..because of florida law.

I've been booking away, but I dont have young kids.

I would book if I knew I could either get my deposit refunded or at least use it as a FCC.

As others have said the prices are very low right now and they are just going to go up.

I don't have the issue with my son not being vaccinated (he's 14), but I do have issues with the borders being open (from Canada). I still booked a trip next summer in the hopes things are good.

• Like 1

From all I've been reading the vaccine should be available for children before too much longer, certainly by next April.  If it were me I wouldn't hesitate to book if you find a deal that you like (heck, I've got 6 cruises booked through 2022).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, groundloop said:

From all I've been reading the vaccine should be available for children before too much longer, certainly by next April.  If it were me I wouldn't hesitate to book if you find a deal that you like (heck, I've got 6 cruises booked through 2022).

Starting already! Great news! Looks like they are moving these tests along quickly. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/kids-shots-tests-covid-vaccine-78140911

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, K_e_short said:

I would book if I knew I could either get my deposit refunded or at least use it as a FCC.

Book through a TA that has group space.  This way your deposit is refundable and you get a great rate.  Depending on the agent, you'll get OBC as well or even better an even lower rate.

• Like 1

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

I've literally never used a TA as I like doing things myself. Would you recommend googling "Best cruise trip advisor? " I know you can't recommend specific companies on here 🙂

18 hours ago, alpha0meqa said:

Hello all,

I/we haven't been on a cruise in about 4 years now. Since then we've had two children (3yr+1yr). We were thinking of booking a cruise on the Mardi Gras in April/May of 2022. We are both vax'd but not sure when the kids will get the greenlight on that front. Most signs point to September/later fall for 2+.

My question is, would you book now if it were you for a trip not knowing if the kids would be able to go? Surely the vaccine for them will be available before March 😮

Thanks for any advice/input in advance!

I would. I think the vaccine will be available to them by then if the vaccine requirement is still in place. I think as cruising starts opening up, more people are going to book and it’s going to drive the prices crazy! 

I have one booked for March of 2022 and am banking that the kids will be able to go because the vaccine is no longer required to cruise at that time. If it is still a requirement by the final payment date in December, I will reschedule for a later date. 

1 hour ago, alpha0meqa said:

Thank you for the feedback everyone!

I've literally never used a TA as I like doing things myself. Would you recommend googling "Best cruise trip advisor? " I know you can't recommend specific companies on here 🙂

Best to ask family , coworkers , neighbors and friends (who usually cruise often) , who they use , and why ?

5 hours ago, MCC retired said:

Best to ask family , coworkers , neighbors and friends (who usually cruise often) , who they use , and why ?

Many of us don't know anyone who cruises alot, much less anyone who can recommend a travel agent.  I've been using an agent that I thought was ok, but recently has been very difficult to get ahold of, so I'm not sure if it's time to start searching for a different agent or if they're all busy as heck.  

I have two kids who are too young for the vaccine. But I currently have three cruises booked (including Carnival Panorama for February 2022). I'm pretty confident that all of these sailings will happen now that everything is moving forward, but even if they don't, I will just rebook something else at a later date.