6/7/21 Letter to July Horizon cruisers from Carnival

lazydayz

12 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Dammmm sure is alot of orange status ships on the color code List now for all the cruise lines.  What up with that?

You think they could have picked a better color.

My guess is they added crew recently, getting ready to start up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlerkOne said:

Are there already lawsuits pending?

Good question but do you think they would be able to keep that under wraps if there were?

6 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

You think they could have picked a better color.

My guess is they added crew recently, getting ready to start up.

I thought that too but the definition for orange relates to cases of covid being identified so its a bit confusing

You have to have standing to challenge a law.  So far, it is not even in effect, so in legal terms, a suit is probably "not ripe."  It will be on July 1.  Clever of Celebrity to get its first cruise out of Florida in late June.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

They can certainly require it, and face a fine of $5,000 per violation.  But that would give them the opportunity to challenge the law.  

and face a fine of up to $5,000 per violation.

5 minutes ago, logan25 said:

How about a token $1?

I am sure for every cruise that set sail Florida there will be a big press conference counting $5,000 fines. 

When all is said and done I'll be shocked if the per person fine is more than $100. Probably closer to $50. And that's before any kind of lawsuit negotiation or mediation.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Public health is a responsibility of government and not overreach in any way.

Tell that to people that lost their businesses. Do you have to answer every post that’s not directed at you? 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

I thought that too but the definition for orange relates to cases of covid being identified so its a bit confusing

or

• If the ship received ship-to-ship transfers within the past 14 days, crew must have come from a ship that was not Red.
  • If land-based crew embarked, they were immediately quarantined (unless fully vaccinated or recovered in past 90 days) upon embarking the ship.

Just now, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

They aren't going to go that route and have made that clear as day. 

They have been going through the process and have been approved to move forward, but Carnival hasn't set a date or received approval for that.

If they don't, the only choice is cancel Florida.

3 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

They aren't going to go that route and have made that clear as day. 

I really don't think anything regarding cruising is as clear as day anymore.  It's back and forth daily.  Carnival would be smart to proceed with their test cruises while all of this negotiating is going on.

5 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

They have been going through the process and have been approved to move forward, but Carnival hasn't set a date or received approval for that.

If they don't, the only choice is cancel Florida.

Um No it isn't lol. Desantis can provide an exemption like they have been working towards. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

Um No it isn't lol. Desantis can provide an exemption like they have been working towards. 

Or they can just do a fully vaccinated cruise and let the chips fall as they may.  

I agree with you - there are lots of choices other than leaving Florida, and its developed cruise infrastructure.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lazydayz said:

We are scheduled for the July 10th cruise from Miami and just received this via e-mail. 

Dear Carnival Horizon Guest:

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board Carnival Horizon for your upcoming cruise in July. We have been working to navigate through the evolving guidance for restarting our ships in the U.S.  We appreciate the support for our U.S. restart and the industry continues to be in regular communication with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requesting that more manageable guidelines be adopted, especially as it relates to families traveling with children under the age of 12 who are ineligible for vaccination. 

The current CDC requirements for cruising with a guest base that is unvaccinated are much more restrictive and will make it very difficult to deliver the experience our guests expect especially given the large number of families with younger children who sail with us. 

Earlier today we announced that we plan to operate our ships sailing from Galveston during the month of July with vaccinated guests.  This approach, however, requires guests to provide proof of vaccination at time of check-in which is currently prohibited in the State of Florida.   

As stated above, we continue to work with CDC on its requirements for unvaccinated guests, especially children under the age of 12 and we are working with the Governor of Florida to find a resolution so we can begin cruising from Florida in the same manner that we are sailing from Galveston in July and satisfy their requirements. 

We will provide an update by Friday, June 11, regarding protocols specific to your cruise in July.  As previously communicated, we have extended your ability to rebook or request a full refund until Monday, June 14.

We continue to believe these matters will be resolved in time for Carnival Horizon’s first departure from Miami on July 4 and we remain optimistic that requirements  for cruising from the U.S. will continue to evolve and our approach to future sailings will become more flexible. However, at this time we must follow the requirements we have as of today. 

Ultimately, we are focused and committed to following all guidelines, protecting public health, AND delivering to our guests, a FUN Carnival cruise vacation. 

Thank you to all our guests, travel advisors and other stakeholders who have been patient and supportive as we work through this process. 

Sincerely, 
http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/bd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line

http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/8f151793-2154-433e-91fb-766729f720e1.jpg http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/6d8d56a5-51cc-4394-a48e-1959697413fe.jpg http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/5ec19a3a-e023-49b4-8bba-3c25c00e97a3.jpg http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/c74ecf7e-7eb2-4483-8d9b-36cb7940ebea.jpg http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/eb3528b1-1004-436d-b4c2-c652d7f3c4cb.jpg http://image.carnivalcruiselineemail.com/lib/fe9513727761047c7c/m/16/b9080fa5-6a9f-4e78-864e-3ac2e3570359.jpg

Contact Us  •  About Us  •  Privacy Notice  •  Unsubscribe

Looks like I’m rolling this dice and booking out of Galveston mid July. Worst thing that can happen is a get more on board credits for a future cruise. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

He’s to foolish and stubborn to do that. After-all, he got himself into this mess.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CJHAN said:

Looks like I’m rolling this dice and booking out of Galveston mid July. Worst thing that can happen is a get more on board credits for a future cruise. 

Texas appears to have passed a law similar to Florida's, but someone said it doesn't go into effect for 90 days.  If that is true, I would feel pretty good about a cruise from Galveston in July.  But I might be an optimist, as I feel ok about my July 10th cruise on the Horizon.  Cruising is making a comeback in North America and Carnival is focusing its efforts on those three ships.  Just my latest leap of faith - LOL. 

• Like 2