"Inactive" and "Unavailable" voyages

sarellen8385

8 minutes ago, sarellen8385 said:

What exactly do "inactive" and "unavailable" mean on the HAL website?  Does it mean these voyages are full and they are no longer taking reservations? Does it mean they are cancelled? Inquiring minds...😉

If a voyage is full it should be under “sold out”.

I can only speak from experience.  When my Alaska cruise was cancelled it was in inactive, it might still be but I haven't looked.    The only "unavailable" I ever see is for a cabin category and yes, it used to say sold out so I don't know if "unavailable" and "sold out" are equivalent or they indicate that capacity is being limited due to covid

Our PCC in correspondence stated they were having to reconfirm and assign new booking numbers to those who had back to back’s. On our Rotterdam RC’s we have come to the agreement our cruises are labeled In-Active until they get all of us affected rebooked.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, dfish said:

I just booked an inactive cruise.   It never came up for me with a search, but I asked my PCC about it and she said we could book it.

Just curious, which one did they let you book that was inactive??

Most likely you are looking at Eurodam or Rotterdam that are stating inactive. HAL is in the process of moving reservations so they are temporarily closing various categories and in some instances it may actually show the whole sailing as inactive. 

2 hours ago, Cailey53 said:

Just curious, which one did they let you book that was inactive??

It was for Alaska on Nieuw Amsterdam.   I could get the week before to come up in the search, but not this particular one.  However, when you pull it  up to see the itinerary, etc, sometimes there is information about pricing on identical itineraries on different dates.  That is where I saw it and it said inactive.   But, if I clicked on the type of cabin I wanted, it took me to the itinerary for that date.  So, I asked my PCC about it.  

• Like 1

If you can book and "innactive and unavailable" cruise, is that like sitting at home with a virtual reality headset ?   Could you buy a virtual cocktail or a virtual steak at the Pinnacle?

How much would they charge for that kind of "cruise"?

Much more honest to just say the the cruise has been cancelled.

Edited by jimgev

4 hours ago, jimgev said:

If you can book and "innactive and unavailable" cruise, is that like sitting at home with a virtual reality headset ?   Could you buy a virtual cocktail or a virtual steak at the Pinnacle?

How much would they charge for that kind of "cruise"?

Much more honest to just say the the cruise has been cancelled.

It also means cruises or cruise segments that are fully booked, thus inactive or unavailable. As payment deadlines pass and people cancel, space opens and the cruise or segment switches back to active again.

• Like 1